TOTS Fernandinho

Seahawks1
332 posts Sunday League Hero
I got him in my red picks (both in fact) so have forced him into my team to try him. Having used him the whole weekend league, I'm still not sure what he is good at.

Can anyone convince me to persist with him? I could really do with using the funds elsewhere but not getting on with him at all.

Comments

• OZero
    6881 posts Big Money Move
    He is like Kante. Excellent CDM but you need a partner, say Vieira.
  • Seahawks1
    I'd had him with prime Vieira in a 4231. I just didn't really notice him. Was thinking about switching to 41212 and trying him at CM. Anyone else?
  • Ishibum
    14605 posts World Class
    I packed him in the tots SBC but hasn't replaced Allan for me. Solid but unspectacular (defo not a card I would change everything up to fit him in)
  • Bags
    1137 posts Professional
    bought him, used him for 5 games and sold. I couldnt tell any difference to his UCL blue that i packed untraceable ages ago. Decided to bite the bullet and bought TOTY Kante. Oh my...
  • Seahawks1
    Bags wrote: »
    bought him, used him for 5 games and sold. I couldnt tell any difference to his UCL blue that i packed untraceable ages ago. Decided to bite the bullet and bought TOTY Kante. Oh my...

Kante good is he? What makes him stand out?
  • Bags
    1137 posts Professional
    Only played a few games so far but he's everywhere. Had him as CDM as part of 2 CDM with that free Rice card lol. Put Kante on balanced and it seemed every time we attacked he was there but was always back when the other team attacked. Seems faster than any of the fast cards I've used this year and as strong as an ox in the tackle. He even scored a last minute winning header where he out jumped their CB on a rebound (I didnt even press the button).

I was debating on TOTY Kante or 88 Viera but I saw a Kante drop below 1.8m yesterday and decided to jump.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2370 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's great defensively but needs a more attacking partner. Him and FB Rabiot work well together.
  • Mikep2212
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    Played him as a cdm in 433(5) he really struggled. Switched to 4231 and him and tots wijnaldum are absolute machines. Is strange that they have both gone from useless to amazing by changing formation mind
  • DicaniosGod
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    He’s everywhere and that means he’s sometimes out of place! I found IF Fernandinho felt better positionally!
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    I got him untradeable from something, don't quite remember what.

Absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ imo, tossed him into Gullit SBC after trying him out for a few games.
  • HelloDearie
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Found him fair decent for me as a CM in 4411. He’s sound defensively and good passing.
  • FrankFrank
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    I really like him as CDM, but as mentioned above, you gotta partner him with someone who is better going forward. I use him next to Goretzka with Gullit infront of them. Works really well and seems very hard for opponents to break down.
  • Seahawks1
    What chem style are people finding good with him. I only have basic on him at the moment
  • Covkilla91mob
    2024 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    What chem style are people finding good with him. I only have basic on him at the moment

I have him with Hunter for more all round as my cdm does make runs alot anyway
  • GC10
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Really average
  • Boommaametw3
    2919 posts National Call-Up

Dude even gold Kante is even end game the toty is strong and has 99 passing.
  • Seahawks1

Dude even gold Kante is even end game the toty is strong and has 99 passing.

Gold Kante definitely isn't end game. I had him untradeable and just put him in an SBC as I couldn't handle his awful touch any more
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gold Kante end game? everyone have a different definition of the end game i guess