The Red Devils 19/20 - The Rebuild

Comments

• Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    mM8Gg0N.png
    iGcE9iC.png

Manchester United blow Bournemouth away with a 4-0 victory, Rashford once again showed exactly why he should be starting week in week out and rumours suggest Martial is getting increasingly annoyed with his game time in recent weeks and could look for a move away in January. Manchester City finally dropped points for the first time this season with an away draw with Tottenham.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    jxFK3fu.png
    EYMC7a4.png

Sancho was the star of the show this gameweek with a double against high-flying Everton, the young Englishman is really starting to show his worth as he not only racks up on goals but assists too, a brilliant week for United as they continue to climb the table with only City ahead of them. Emery's Arsenal earned a well fought win at the Emirates against Liverpool, the Gunners have been hot and cold all season but they edge closer to the top 4.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    zijsesd.png
    0xwEgr4.png
    Pm3fiz1.png

United's young stars light up Europe with a strong performance against Malmo at Old Trafford. Bohui scored on his debut in the Carabao Cup and now he scores a double on his Europa League debut. The lad has an incredible career ahead of him if he keeps up with these performances. Central midfielder Garner also scored a long range goal and one he will remember for the rest of his life.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    WrT4FOE.png

It's finally here the Manchester derby edges closer, we have a dominant Man City who have only dropped 2 points so far this season face an improved Man Utd that sit 2nd place and they would love nothing more than to give them the first L of the season. Gary Neville comments on the game ahead, "It's an interesting one, on one hand you have a greatly improved Man Utd and they will cause City problems but on the other you have a City side that look ever better than the last 2 seasons where they got 100 and 98 points. We could well see City win their third back to back PL title and it hurts, let's see where we stand".

Sane has had a brilliant start to the season with 10 goals to his name already, he is the main goal threat and Pep is expected to start him and Sterling on either side. Can Wan-Bissaka who has had a superb start to the season stop the pacey German threat?

Hummels warns United in the preview to the game, "We have had an incredible start to the season and we will look to continue this again this week. It's a crazy league and I'm loving my time here, Manchester will be rocking this Saturday and we just hope we do the fans proud".
  • JoshDFC
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is a crucial game for the team win and the title hopes are well and truly alive lose and it becomes difficult to catch Manchester City an interesting game for sure.
  • LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The biggest game of the season. This game will decide how the rest of the season goes. A City win and they can run away early with the title but a United win and its all open.
  • Virtual_K
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    Given the form that Manchester United is in, add the fact that Rashford in is the starting eleven, and you have a recipe for a cracking derby. Man mark Sane? Has anyone tried that tactic?
  • DB1512
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good run of results and good to see different players contribute to the results. Sancho with a brace, Rashford, Fernandes and Immobile score a goal from time to time. Will be a tough challenge facing City but both teams are in good shape. As mentioned above, maybe man mark Sané or try another tactic to narrow City's offensive trait.
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Going well in the cups and scoring for fun for the most part in the league - good to see. Obviously any sort of result against City would be a bonus but I wouldn't be completely disheartened at this stage if it doesn't go your way.

Lovely graphics as always too!
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great run of results but huge game coming up. Love the graphics.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    This is a crucial game for the team win and the title hopes are well and truly alive lose and it becomes difficult to catch Manchester City an interesting game for sure.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    The biggest game of the season. This game will decide how the rest of the season goes. A City win and they can run away early with the title but a United win and its all open.
    Absolutely I wouldn't quite say we are dead in the water if we lose, right now I think they are 6 points clear so a win for them pushes it to 9, that's tough to catch based on their form but can they keep this up who knows?
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Given the form that Manchester United is in, add the fact that Rashford in is the starting eleven, and you have a recipe for a cracking derby. Man mark Sane? Has anyone tried that tactic?
    Nobody has tried it and succeeded it seems, Wan-Bissaka will be the one to stop him on his side so a big game for him, I won't man mark in as such but I'll be very careful and maybe ask Alderweireld to him Wan-Bissaka when needed without dragging the defenders too much.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Good run of results and good to see different players contribute to the results. Sancho with a brace, Rashford, Fernandes and Immobile score a goal from time to time. Will be a tough challenge facing City but both teams are in good shape. As mentioned above, maybe man mark Sané or try another tactic to narrow City's offensive trait.
    Yeah everyone is providing instead of relying on one or two players I like it! Man marking Sane will be hard but it's a real test for Wan-Bissaka to keep him quiet, he's a defensive right-back so it's time to shine for the lad
    Dean wrote: »
    Going well in the cups and scoring for fun for the most part in the league - good to see. Obviously any sort of result against City would be a bonus but I wouldn't be completely disheartened at this stage if it doesn't go your way.
    Lovely graphics as always too!
    Thank you! Yeah we can't expect to go to the Etihad against a City team that have dropped 2 points in 11 games and get a result, but we are Man Utd and we have to believe, I'd take a draw before kick off though!
    Great run of results but huge game coming up. Love the graphics.
    Thanks, the biggest game of the season so far!
  • WestardLord
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 22
    I started a reply, but but I keep forgetting to finish it lol

Looks like some fantastic results recently. An easy-looking sweep of the Europa league group stage into the round as well.

I really like these graphics too. Very sharp.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    L13dhI0.png
    GScTFb5.png

Manchester City ran the show once again with another victory to take them 9 points clear of 2nd place Man Utd, credit to the red devils they put up a fight but the City defence was strong and Ederson made some key saves to keep City ahead. Sane couldn't be stopped not even Wan-Bissaka who has had a wonderful season so far could stop the in-form German from scoring. Aguero and Gundogan added and it really looks like we have another season of domination for Pep's team, who can beat this team that's the question. Have City already won the league?
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    5I2pYUt.png
    NqQcBfS.png

Manchester United ran riot on sorry Crystal Palace who sit rock bottom of the Premier League with a measly 5 points. 6 points off safety. Roy Hodgson has now been sacked shortly after the game finished and a new manager will be put in place in the coming days, can Palace get out of this rut with a fresh face in or are they doomed for relegation?
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    fDkJDZm.png
    Fx7MWwH.png
    uBIxaYv.png

Greenwood double guides United to another European victory and confirms their Round of 32 place with a game spare, the youngsters have really done well when given a chance in this competition but soon the opposition will get harder, will Ole keep faith in the youth or will he start to bring the main eleven in?
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    MlXkU9c.png
    ab5zRhT.png
  • WestardLord
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pretty much where I expected the team to be at the moment. But man, City need to be tied down soon or they will pull away very quickly.
  • LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Interesting move for Henry to take the Palace job. Low risk job and it's in London so good move for him.
  • DB1512
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    City is from another level if you compare them to the other top six teams, the differences are small but you are best of the rest for now. Immobile has a good season until now, immediatly performs well.
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    City coasting :( Could rule for a few years but do have some key players getting on.

Henry taking the Palace job seems risk free but they still hang Cardiff on Ole, Looks like they need some improvements in January.

Hope the youth gets rewarded with more games in Europe especially with the current league position looking healthy.
  • ElMarcos
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Some nice results. This year City seems to be the clear cut going to be Champions, but who knows!
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Not a surprising loss to City but keep up those results against the lower teams and it should still be a successful season. Always good to have the group wrapped up with a game to spare, can afford to experiment a bit more.

"Martial turns on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer" - he does what now? :o
  • Virtual_K
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    I guess City have established themselves as the title favorite, but at least the loss didn't affect the team's confidence going forward. Took care of Roseborg and Crystal Palace in convincing fashion. Martial doesn't like coming off the bench it would seem. Why can't players just be happy cashing their paychecks? :/
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    Pretty much where I expected the team to be at the moment. But man, City need to be tied down soon or they will pull away very quickly.
    We can just play our game and keep hoping teams take points from City to catch them but it looks unlikely.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Interesting move for Henry to take the Palace job. Low risk job and it's in London so good move for him.
    Yeah I thought it makes sense, if he can keep Palace up it would be a successful season for him, 6 points just to get out of the drop zone!
    DB1512 wrote: »
    City is from another level if you compare them to the other top six teams, the differences are small but you are best of the rest for now. Immobile has a good season until now, immediatly performs well.
    We are probably the only team that could challenge them this season, maybe they will just run away with it. Immobile has been brilliant, needed the star striker to hit the ground running and it doesn't usually happen when a player comes from Serie A.
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Some nice results. This year City seems to be the clear cut going to be Champions, but who knows!
    Thanks, City look better than the past 2 seasons IRL by the looks of it :#
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    City coasting :( Could rule for a few years but do have some key players getting on.
    Henry taking the Palace job seems risk free but they still hang Cardiff on Ole, Looks like they need some improvements in January.
    Hope the youth gets rewarded with more games in Europe especially with the current league position looking healthy.
    City may dominate for years but it's our job to stop that asap, we will try our best this season to win it even if it seems out of sight, Henry at Palace could well resurrect his managerial career after what happened with Monaco and yeah I will continue to play the youth until a strong opponent comes up in Europe then I may fit in some more experienced players but our main focus is the PL.
    Dean wrote: »
    Not a surprising loss to City but keep up those results against the lower teams and it should still be a successful season. Always good to have the group wrapped up with a game to spare, can afford to experiment a bit more.
    "Martial turns on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer" - he does what now? :o
    So Martial began the season as the main left winger but his performances dipped and he wasn't influencing games much, in comes Rashford who was making an impact off the bench and also when he started games in Europe and the Cup, even the odd PL game, so they have now swapped roles with Rashford being the main left winger, Martial isn't happy playing the cup games and coming off the bench and overall his time at United has frustrated him. His relationship with the manager has turned sour and is looking for an exit in January, Ole seems like he may be happy to let him go and find a better replacement that suits him.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I guess City have established themselves as the title favorite, but at least the loss didn't affect the team's confidence going forward. Took care of Roseborg and Crystal Palace in convincing fashion. Martial doesn't like coming off the bench it would seem. Why can't players just be happy cashing their paychecks? :/
    He seems like a player that just wants to be loved and play and express himself and it isn't happening at United, too inconsistent and the fans love Rashford more than him as both are competing for that left winger spot. He's looking for a move and I think he'll get it.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    edited May 26
    aENm4pP.png
    dYXepP8.png

It was a crazy game between two legendary Premier League clubs Man Utd and Arsenal with the Red Devils coming out on top, Sancho and Fernandes combined to give United the three points while Arsenal gave them a fantastic fight, drama late in the game saw Cech sent off for taking out Sancho in a one on one opportunity, Leno came on the save the penalty however but United held on to the points in the end.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    edited May 26
    20wdAPC.png
    vQjuFTb.png

Man Utd soon after travel to Watford for the Carabao Cup Quarter-Finals and the performance of Ole's men was one of the worst of the season, Watford just turned up and wanted it more, United's back up team didn't get going and were taught a lesson, it was a big opportunity for them to win silverware with only Arsenal being the biggest threat left in the competition. Arsenal meet Brighton in the semi finals while Watford will play Burnley.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    faaunXg.png
    0FOzyVQ.png

Now we are beginning to enter the busy December period where some teams may play more than one fixtures in a week, sometimes three in a matter of 8 days, it's a crazy period and if you can get a string of wins going you could see yourself jump up the table, United continue that with a victory against relegation bound Norwich City.
  • Ashy
    9906 posts League Winner
    KWgIf1O.png

With Martial exit rumours hotting up but no clear team has won the race to sign him just yet it seems Man Utd may have accepting his departure and are looking for a replacement and the one clear player that seems to be getting brought up in the news in the past week is Frankfurt forward Ante Rebić, the Croatian can play on the left side or as a striker and has been fantastic over the past 2 years, it wouldn't cost too much to bring him in either with a reported £35m fee potentially being enough to get him over the line.

Spurs have not had the best season and are struggling to compete with the best in the league this year as the continue to drop down to the middle of the table, Spurs spent £50m on centre-back Romagnoli in the summer but saw a selection of players leave including Alderweireld. Poch came out in the press today commenting on Spurs progression, "We simply cannot compete, Man City are miles ahead of everyone, they spend for fun, Liverpool came close last season but as you can see it's hard to replicate that, Man Utd spent big and they are trying their best to compete, Chelsea spent, Arsenal spent. I feel like we are just sat watching others teams upgrade and we are expecting miracles".

Mbappe flirted with Real Madrid in a recent interview in France suggesting he would love to play in Spain under his role model Zidane, "I'm enjoying my time here in France in Paris but one day maybe later in my career or maybe soon I want to challenge myself in more competitive leagues in legendary clubs like Real Madrid and so on, I aspire to learn under the legends of the game".