Career of Boog | Transfer news - Jan 2022

Comments

• WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great results. What effort to pull the Mainz game out of the bag. On the home stretch now.
  • WestardLord
    1399 posts Professional
    Two solid wins. Looks like the league is really within grasp now.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Almost there now, 3 games left right? Don't you bottle it like Dortmund in real life :D
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    4 point lead with 3 games to play? No pressure but I'll sack you myself if you let this slip now :p
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Virtual_K @WelshWizard @WestardLord @ElMarcos

The Mainz win was the big one that might have sealed first place. It took a last minute goal but a win is a win!
    Ashy wrote: »
    Almost there now, 3 games left right? Don't you bottle it like Dortmund in real life :D

Yes, 3 games left. Hopefully I'm better at handling the pressure than Dortmund was.
    Dean wrote: »
    4 point lead with 3 games to play? No pressure but I'll sack you myself if you let this slip now :p

I will quit if I blow it. Punish myself for this late collapse.
  • LAboog4
    XFY3q0c.jpg
    1zRiSo5.png
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Big matches ahead in Bundesliga. Beating RB Leipzig would be a great way to win the title. Bayern also have their hands full at Dortmund, so next match day has some drama.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Needed the win, 2 more games left now, UCL is secured for next season now just to try and secure the league title, could we really have some end of season drama?!
  • LAboog4
    p3Jlc3K.jpg
    hC7kBDb.png
    (Simulated the Dortmund match as it did not matter)
    IpvwNzV.jpg
  • LAboog4
    Around the world standings and Champions
    SLzdLEC.png
    MQNVf6P.jpg
  • LAboog4
    Mx8ha0z.png
  • DB1512
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great to win the Bundesliga and I have to say I'm a bit shocked Boog is going to leave Stuttgart. You didn't dominate the league so it should be hard to become back-to-back BL champions and also in Europe enough to achieve. Still it will be interesting to see the next step in Boog's career.
  • LAboog4
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Great to win the Bundesliga and I have to say I'm a bit shocked Boog is going to leave Stuttgart. You didn't dominate the league so it should be hard to become back-to-back BL champions and also in Europe enough to achieve. Still it will be interesting to see the next step in Boog's career.

It would have been very difficult to repeat and to advance in the Champions League but there is a big club that has an opening and has not won silverware in a few years that I decided to go to. My first time ever in FIFA going to a "big" club so I thought it would be a fun challenge before FIFA 20 comes out and I try another rebuild.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Congratulations on the league title win very well deserved interesting to see what lies in wait for you :)
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well done on the title!
  • LAboog4
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Congratulations on the league title win very well deserved interesting to see what lies in wait for you :)

Thank you. It will be a new challenge for me that's for sure.
    Well done on the title!

Thanks!
  • ElMarcos
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Curious where you will go from here on!
  • LAboog4
    99UgP1L.png
    Inherited Squad
    ktqjXAO.png
  • LAboog4
    edited May 27
    DJ6bA8N.png
    I thought this would be a new, fun challenge. I have never played a FIFA career with a club with the resources or prestige as Real Madrid so it will be different. In my FIFA career Madrid have struggled and have a mixed squad with the likes of Ramos and Modric retiring at the end of this next season.

I have adjusted some rules to make the play harder as I will be using better players than I previously had.

Difficulty: Ultimate with OS sliders
    Time: 8 min halfs
    Transfers: Since I am Madrid I will be going for some big names and not worrying too much about money.
    Squad: 25 players will be chosen for LaLiga to start the season. The rest will go into reserves. 22 players will be chosen for Champions League.
  • DB1512
    Interesting choice, especially because (in my careers) Real buys and sells a lot of players. This year I didn't have a career in which they didn't sell Marcelo and Ramos.
  • LAboog4
    Interesting choice, especially because (in my careers) Real buys and sells a lot of players. This year I didn't have a career in which they didn't sell Marcelo and Ramos.

I wish they didn't sell Marcelo but he is gone. Ramos is free to go if anyone offers.
  • WestardLord
    1399 posts Professional
    Congrats on the title and huge implications in moving to Real Madrid.

Really looking forward to the big names you sign. Sounds like it'll be fun if money isn't as much of an issue.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Little bit surprised Boog would leave Stuttgart, but I guess when Real Madrid comes calling. Three years without a trophy has to be desperation mode for Real Madrid, why else would they hire an American? ;)
  • LAboog4
    @WestardLord here is number 1..

IbfneSk.jpg
    00ZFMSb.png
  • LAboog4
    edited May 28
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Little bit surprised Boog would leave Stuttgart, but I guess when Real Madrid comes calling. Three years without a trophy has to be desperation mode for Real Madrid, why else would they hire an American? ;)

They have tried managers from France and Spain so might as well try American. If they get really desperate maybe even try England next...

Post edited by LAboog4 on
  • LAboog4
    1kAyJGD.png
  • DB1512
    A midfield with Isco - Casemiro - Eriksen has a lot of quality and looks very compleet. Like the Bayern and PSG game, the Juve game will again be a good testcase for Real Madrid.
  • ElMarcos
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck with Real Madrid! Your Squad seems more than capable of competing for all thropies!
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting choice but a fantastic first signing somebody who Real could be targeting in real life according to speculation
  • LAboog4
    A midfield with Isco - Casemiro - Eriksen has a lot of quality and looks very compleet. Like the Bayern and PSG game, the Juve game will again be a good testcase for Real Madrid.

The midfield is set for those three. I'm looking at adding depth to midfield along with all four defensive positions now. Possibly adding another attacker if I sell Bale, Benzema or Asensio.
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Good luck with Real Madrid! Your Squad seems more than capable of competing for all thropies!

That's the goal, trying to win everything and not treat any competive game as a "reserve game" like I have in previous careers when a cup didn't matter.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Interesting choice but a fantastic first signing somebody who Real could be targeting in real life according to speculation

That's why I went for Eriksen. I think he goes to Madrid this summer or next in real life.