Sick to death of playing Icon teams in Weekend league.

Gingerbread
238 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 24
My team nowhere near this level and just a disgrace I get matched up with them. EA most like giving away wins to the same players every week.

Icon vs Icon should be a different league. I don't mind playing teams with higher rated teams, but these Icon teams are **** me off.

Most of the players have faced have 5 Icons in their team.

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13762 posts Has That Special Something
    No offence, but unless you started up FIFA 19 like ...yesterday.

You shouldn't be surprised at this kinda stuff this late into the game...
  • Gingerbread

Does make it right who cares how long its in the game.
  • HDouble
    2434 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you haven’t got a full special card team this far into the game then your in trouble mate. My teams stacked and I still hate facing full Toty prime icons etc Weekend league is going to be 10 times worst over next few weeks as everyone motivated to get free tots cards. I got a mil worth of tots players this week to add to my 9.5m team
  • Delvinho
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero

• Gingerbread
    HDouble wrote: »
    If you haven’t got a full special card team this far into the game then your in trouble mate. My teams stacked and I still hate facing full Toty prime icons etc Weekend league is going to be 10 times worst over next few weeks as everyone motivated to get free tots cards. I got a mil worth of tots players this week to add to my 9.5m team

I don't buy points, my team is 88 playing the game, but when you facing 1million Icon players, it only a joke league then. I sure they think it great winning with ICON teams, but you only winning and beating inferior teams
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12301 posts Has That Special Something
    We are pretty much 9 months through a 12 month cycle of course people will have great teams in the most competitive mode in the game.
  • Springveldt
    4768 posts National Call-Up

Does make it right who cares how long its in the game.
    You don't seem to understand how WL works.

It matches you against other people who have the same "form" (basically wins minus losses) as you, or near to it. It doesn't look at squad rating or composition at all.

Those icon squads you are playing against are people who are at the same or near the same form as you but have been playing the game all year. Doesn't matter if you are 15-1 or 5-15, those guys will be at around the same level as you.
  • starfox1284
    1985 posts Fans' Favourite
    HDouble wrote: »

I don't buy points, my team is 88 playing the game, but when you facing 1million Icon players, it only a joke league then. I sure they think it great winning with ICON teams, but you only winning and beating inferior teams

Icon players do not guarantee wins in this game. I promise you the gap between Prime Icon Desially and Varane isn't as large are you think it is.
  • Gingerbread
    We are pretty much 9 months through a 12 month cycle of course people will have great teams in the most competitive mode in the game.

They bought there a way to get there, I not giving EA a penny. Sorry but most of the ICON teams are **** anyway, they just power goals in by pressure. I have yet to meet a decent player with icons, they just outmuscle and hassle my players off the ball- due to better stats.
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    NIF Kepa playes like a demigod against me last night, this game also evens things out for lesser players...
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

They bought there a way to get there, I not giving EA a penny. Sorry but most of the ICON teams are **** anyway, they just power goals in by pressure. I have yet to meet a decent player with icons, they just outmuscle and hassle my players off the ball- due to better stats.

You do realise people can have great teams without spending money? My team is worth around 7m and I haven't spent a penny on FPs and stopped trading around Christmas time. Oh and I only have 3 icons btw 😂
  • Gingerbread

You do realise people can have great teams without spending money? My team is worth around 7m and I haven't spent a penny on FPs and stopped trading around Christmas time. Oh and I only have 3 icons btw 😂

Sorry nobody gets Icons in their team and never spend money on packs. I just played a guy with Pele and Maradona in his team there no way you can't get those players from simply playing the game.
  • Jonx88
    824 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 24

You are just ranting now, it's fine to say you are annoyed at getting beat by them but your point that you shouldn't be matched against them and the conspiracy theory that EA is out to get you......go and have a lie down for a bit
  • SPN1987
    2158 posts Fans' Favourite
    It wouldn't be much of a problem if this game wasn't all about pay 2 win. I love how ppl get carried by their teams to wins they don't deserve. :|
  • Gingerbread
    Jonx88 wrote: »

You are just ranting now, it's fine to say you are annoyed at getting beat by them but your point that you shouldn't be matched against them and the conspiracy theory that EA is out to get you......go and have a lie down for a bit

I not ranting, I dominate in the middle most games, but their Icons just push over my attackers with ease. You can't play nice football in this game. Tuck, tussle and pressure constantly by Icons teams.

You can tell they be crap if they have the players they did.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

Sorry nobody gets Icons in their team and never spend money on packs. I just played a guy with Pele and Maradona in his team there no way you can't get those players from simply playing the game.

You're wrong mate. I haven't spent a penny this year and this is what I have. Full chem before the dpad switch btw.

1417h2t.jpg
  • Gingerbread

You're wrong mate. I haven't spent a penny this year and this is what I have. Full chem before the dpad switch btw.

1417h2t.jpg

There no proof there you spend no money on packs. You asking me to just to believe you.
  • OZero
    5615 posts Big Money Move
    You don’t need to spend any to have a full Icon team.

In fact a lot of people have full TOTS team without spending any.

So it’s your problem.
  • CharlieC
    6975 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah exactly! Why am I not getting matched up with squads similar to my NIF 81 rated squad. It’s a disgrace EA 😂
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be much of a problem if this game wasn't all about pay 2 win. I love how ppl get carried by their teams to wins they don't deserve. :|

What would be the point of having top players if they playes like bronzes lol? Might as well scrap the game.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

1417h2t.jpg

There no proof there you spend no money on packs. You asking me to just to believe you.

Tbh I don't care if you believe me or not I'm just telling you how it is 😂

And there's people on here with teams alot better than mine that haven't bought FPs. If you're smart and understand how the market works it's very easy to achieve this with all the rewards in the game.
  • Orangehillrecords
    58 posts Park Captain
    Str8 pay to win on top of that illegal coin transactions are st the highest they have ever been and absolutely nothing has been done about it
  • Gingerbread
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    SPN1987 wrote: »

What would be the point of having top players if they playes like bronzes lol? Might as well scrap the game.

Online games are not supposed to be pay to win! You meant to get there by skill and winning games.

If people have ICON teams they should really be facing off with similar teams.
  • Orangehillrecords
    58 posts Park Captain
    OZero wrote: »

So it’s your problem.

So it’s your problem.

So it’s your problem.

Really now
  • IncredibleK
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    At this stage in the game Icons are quite cheap and there's been SBCs and a base Icon last month and this from FUT SWAP. Got a few in my team and they all had played in Serie A to match the team. never bought FP and never will
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13762 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 24

I got 91 maradona from an base icon SBC so he cost me time only.... so I'm afraid your wrong on that one buddy
  • Jonx88
    824 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 24
    At this stage in the game Icons are quite cheap and there's been SBCs and a base Icon last month and this from FUT SWAP. Got a few in my team and they all had played in Serie A to match the team. never bought FP and never will

Won't stop guys like the OP messaging you every game that you win crying about how much money you spent tho right?, it really baffles me some people have no idea about the trading aspect of this game
  • Gingerbread

I got 91 maradona from an base icon SBC so he cost me time only.... so I'm afraid your wrong on that one buddy

Far from wrong how good would you be in competive mode if you had to the play with silvers or lesser gold teams?

Winning with your Icon team is not competitive. If EA serious about competitive gaming, they need to introduce an element of surprise.

Silver - 10 matches
    Gold 84- 10 matches
    Gold- Icon- 10 matches.

This would be an interesting and fair competitive league.
  • Jonx88
    824 posts Semi-Pro

Far from wrong how good would you be in competive mode if you had to the play with silvers or lesser gold teams?

Winning with your Icon team is not competitive. If EA serious about competitive gaming, they need to introduce an element of surprise.

Silver - 10 matches
    Gold 84- 10 matches
    Gold- Icon- 10 matches.

This would be an interesting and fair competitive league.

So if you were lucky enough to pack Pele and Maradona you would be happy having to play 70% of your matches without them?, this is called "Ultimate" team for a reason, go and play online seasons it's exactly what you are describing
  • Nervous_Nick
    5783 posts Big Money Move

Haha what?? I have a 20 mil team and i don’t spend money on packs. And i never pack anything worthy from rewards....