Do you use a lower rated version of a player by choice?

DIXON THFC
2494 posts Fans' Favourite
I've found that 88 Donnarumma is his prime this year and that's with over 600+ games with various versions of him. I know it sounds silly to think the 89 wouldn't be better and its probably in my mind but it certainly feels that way.

Anybody else revert to a lesser version because they feel that it's better?

Comments

• Oneillr
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    89 baggio plays far better for me than any other version.
  • Pikandel
    1182 posts Professional
    88 Rijkaard, mainly because of the position
    93 Van Basten, his 94 isn’t worth the upgrade and I don’t want change someone who’s been outstanding for me, while his PIM could be “broken” or something.
  • Andy91
    79 posts Park Captain
    Pikandel wrote: »
    93 Van Basten, his 94 isn’t worth the upgrade and I don’t want change someone who’s been outstanding for me, while his PIM could be “broken” or something.
    Van basten 94 is a beast... 116 gol in 90 match...
  • Pikandel
    1182 posts Professional
    Andy91 wrote: »
    Van basten 94 is a beast... 116 gol in 90 match...

Before I had EoaE Robben, 93 Van Basten was averaging more than a goal per game in over 400 matches. Can’t imagine that the 94 will be noticeably better.
  • DIXON THFC

Always wondered about Van Basten, he's never seemed that great when I've played against him, what's your record like with him?

@Pikandel
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oneillr wrote: »

Better than 91 for sure, about as good as Prime, not even close to PM
  • DIXON THFC
    EekAlaska wrote: »

I use the PIM and didnt like the 91 either. Never used the 89. PIM has 432 in 407 and over 200 assists from ST.
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    DIXON THFC wrote: »

I use the PIM and didnt like the 91 either. Never used the 89. PIM has 432 in 407 and over 200 assists from ST.

I really like the 89, just find that card to be very effective. For some reason the 91 just couldn't score for me. I love the PM, still debating on getting him back for my final team.
  • DIXON THFC

I really like the 89, just find that card to be very effective. For some reason the 91 just couldn't score for me. I love the PM, still debating on getting him back for my final team.

I did the SBC because after using the loan for 2 games I knew I'd found my end game striker. Best player I've used all year, I have PIM ADP as well from the SBC and much prefer Baggio.
  • Saekerhett
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have 89 Van der Sar. I think he is better than his prime. Also more in-game stats.
  • EekAlaska
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero

I did the SBC because after using the loan for 2 games I knew I'd found my end game striker. Best player I've used all year, I have PIM ADP as well from the SBC and much prefer Baggio.

I really am thinking of getting him even more now. Maybe get something from packs too
  • Koolfashion
    2684 posts Fans' Favourite
    My friend has a 10+ million coins, godly attack and he plays with IF lindelof and VVD as cb's and nif cancelo and van anholt as fullbacks, also with pogba and fred as cdms, btw he have gullit sbc and maldini sbc done.. people have weird fetishes.
  • jmaurizio
    430 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hero Rashford, I like the purple colour
  • Wi1son73
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    NIF Handanovic..

Tried IF donnurumma 88/89
    91 lafront
    89 Szczecin

Keepers all seem poor compared to normal Handanovic plus price
  • Metab0lic
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    94 R9 because of the hair, and the better work rates
  • nextqprmanager
    3330 posts National Call-Up
    Mbabu, could nt be bothered for tots, I like to keep my Fitness team - all gold only.