To all the dads out there...

Comments

• Wooly1203
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve got three kiddos and a wife at home. Definitely makes it harder to get games in (especially online). I basically just squeeze in a few games a week now, where as back in FIFA 11/FIFA 12 I used to play a ton. Family is way more important.
  • limjitwe
    6925 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve a 3 month old baby. I’ve cut playing fifa ALOT. No time to trade so I just buy some FP off and on for some thrills. (IKR)

normally during WL I play like 5-7 games where it’s easier. Normally I’ll be like 5-2 or 6-1 something like that. My Nephew who’s really good at FIFA will then help me hit gold 2 to gold 1 with his spare time. I just open the packs as some cheap thrills on Thursdays

• Krisp77
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have never got to 20 games in a weekend league never mind 30. I’m lucky to get that many games in all week
  • Orangehillrecords
    58 posts Park Captain
    Game favours the young
  • golazo
    1344 posts Play-Off Hero
    Woah. Wrote the thread last night and woke up to all these comments. It’s great!! Also forgot to mention I have to quit games if baby wakes up from naps for feedings. Really sucks when I’m wining the games lol.
  • DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    I have a 2 year old daughter. It is definitely hard to squeeze in games. I only play if my wife and my kid are sleeping.

I will not sacrifice my precious time with them than grind for a tots gomis or jumbo rare players pack.
  • Alex_cr
    5304 posts Big Money Move
    DadBod wrote: »
    I have a 2 year old daughter. It is definitely hard to squeeze in games. I only play if my wife and my kid are sleeping.

I will not sacrifice my precious time with them than grind for a tots gomis or jumbo rare players pack.

Same mate. Don’t tend to play a single game during the week
  • CharlieC
    6888 posts Big Money Move
    My lad and his friends play a lot more than I do but I still beat them at Fifa. :lol:
  • VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    golazo wrote: »
    Has to be tough to get games in correct? I actually played more than ever this weekend and stopped one game short of gold one. Had to stop to take care of family stuff and a 5 month old. One game!!! Lol. Still had 7 games left also. Dad life is no small task lol.

Bye jumbo rare packs :'(

Won't be long until you can give FIFA away and coach your little one. Can't wait for it myself personally
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    golazo wrote: »
    Has to be tough to get games in correct? I actually played more than ever this weekend and stopped one game short of gold one. Had to stop to take care of family stuff and a 5 month old. One game!!! Lol. Still had 7 games left also. Dad life is no small task lol.

Bye jumbo rare packs :'(

Haha I feel you bro I got a 2 year old princess and I have to save all my timeouts wisely I sometimes gets scored on cause I have to tend to her in the middle of a game it’s all good though
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    Fifa lasts for 11 months and it starts over. A childhood and all the memories lasts forever

EA is doing their best for us to ignore our kids and play 24/7. But you cant change us!
    You never will! All for one, one for all!

(Picks up hammer)
    Avengers Assemble!
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was kicked from 2 games this weekend because of my son kicking off in the middle of the night. He's only 3 months old

One day I will make him play weekend league for me an I'll just open all the packs

I make my son play squad battles for me hes 7 put it on beginner he bangs in about 10 goals then tells me hes the best at fifa lol

I do this 2 but my son is catching on pretty fast he plays on professional now also 7 years old if it wasn’t for him helping with squad battles I would definitely miss out on some rewards and he also likes it
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    this whole year i played more than 10 wl games once.

i just dont have the time for it. and even when i do have time to play some video games, i'm not gonna spend it all on this game.
  • D0lvl
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    I only play WL after my kid goes to bed. Any other time, it's impossible.
  • Nessy
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've a 13 year old daughter with hefty swimming commitments, I also work outside the UK 4 days a week and spend half of Monday morning and Thursday night doing my 7hr commute. I normally try and smash as many Games add I can on a Friday, that way I don't P the boss off.... Got G2 this week so fingers crossed!
  • Greezyweezy101
    1420 posts Play-Off Hero
    At least I now know I'm not the only dad sitting there playing weekend league in silence and 3am haha
  • Wortel1981
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m a single parent to a 6 year old girl and have her every other week so the one weekend i can play whenever i like and the weekends i have her i only play at night when she's in bed, so then it's a struggle to play, but most of the times i manage to get gold3 where i always stop.
    But i have to say i also skipped a few WL's because i was away for the weekend with my daughter and that's far more important to me then a few games with terrible rewards.
  • Staxdoobie
    970 posts Semi-Pro
    I was kicked from 2 games this weekend because of my son kicking off in the middle of the night. He's only 3 months old

One day I will make him play weekend league for me an I'll just open all the packs

I make my son play squad battles for me hes 7 put it on beginner he bangs in about 10 goals then tells me hes the best at fifa lol

Pure genius.
  • tfadgreef
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have 3 kids but share my account with my nephew who much younger. We take turns playing and get to G2 every weekend.
  • Bozza88
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    My twins are now a month old and im finding it difficult unless i want to not sleep! dont even wanna think about when they do more than eat and sleep!
  • BorussenBernie09
    1564 posts Play-Off Hero
    DadBod wrote: »

Haha, this man is brilliant. Love reading your Posts, Mate :D
  • Saiber_Summia
    694 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 20
    My son is 22...he was making the big mistake to help me opening my first fut account.

Now to access the PS4 he has to kick me out of the game 😂
  • JWNYsg
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    When I travel for work. I actually bring the damn PS4 console!
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    I only had time for WL 10 games, played on Friday and Saturday nights. Sunday the weather is finally good, so brought family out to the sixflags. At night, after kid went to bed, it's the GoT finale.
  • starfox1284
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero
    I fight with this every weekend with a 10 month old and a 6 year old. Its really really hard for me to play weekend league and do the objectives (plus I am a G3-G2) player so I have to make hard choices. The past two weekends for me I've gone the Objective route due to time constraints during the week would make it impossible to do a ton of rivals and squad battles.
  • QceCapo
    5603 posts Big Money Move
    My daughter is 17 and makes fun of me and calls me a dork...... But I also DJ her school dances and all of her friends think I'm "hip and cool".....being slow to grow up has its perks hahaha
  • dregana08
    3940 posts National Call-Up
    QceCapo wrote: »
    My daughter is 17 and makes fun of me and calls me a dork...... But I also DJ her school dances and all of her friends think I'm "hip and cool".....being slow to grow up has its perks hahaha

How could you possibly DJ her school dances as a teenager. I'd be mortified if that was my dad... i don't think I could put my kids through that!
  • QceCapo
    5603 posts Big Money Move
    dregana08 wrote: »
    QceCapo wrote: »

How could you possibly DJ her school dances as a teenager. I'd be mortified if that was my dad... i don't think I could put my kids through that!

She loves it actually. Her classmates actually requested me.......I have a lot of major contacts in the music biz and I used to DJ at a high level. Still promote and bring shows to my area here in the states.

But to the point of WL....the kid I'm not worried about...its the girl friend I worry about.
  • Delboy13710
    5222 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 20
    At least I now know I'm not the only dad sitting there playing weekend league in silence and 3am haha

Yeah I'm sad like that I often wake up at 6am to play in silence for 2 hours before the hoard wake up .

Way I see it is, it's a hobby but not 1 that should effect anyone else's time apart from your own .
  • Lkane
    950 posts Professional
    Have a near two year old and a month old. No chance weekend league can happen. Barely get through the futswap objectives 😂