What is it with these OP gold teams

young_volki
246 posts Sunday League Hero
During todays WL i played 3 times against a normal Gold backline of players like Rüdiger, Bailly, Valencia, Rose,Sanchez

They constantly outmuscled ,outrun my players like Pele, FB Torres ; PIM RIvaldo etc. Their positioning was almost perfect, they could intercept almost every pass I made.

The other matches where I played against teams full of Icons and other special cards their defenders didnt give me that much of a hard time.

Coincidence ? Why can I easily beat PIM Nesta, Maldini, Van Dijk etc but as soon as a damn 81 rated CB comes up I'm screwed ? its ridiculous guys

Comments

• Grown93
    3446 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 20
    Team with 11 PL golds > any team

Its always a **** show, never fail
  • Satch85
    1096 posts Professional
    I played this weekend with loads of nif prem players, terreira, Felipe Anderson, Bailly etc, only special cards were Valencia and the tots alderwiereld i got from sbc. Did just as well as I did with expensive team
  • Tubbs76
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    epl teams get the rub dude. Its ****. You haven't worked that out already....
  • Sambaparadise
    77 posts Park Captain
    Connection >> Skill >> Cards
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11402 posts Has That Special Something
    Connection >> Skill >> Cards

Pretty much this.
  • RealAbed
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Had the same experience pretty much every week
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its mainly the coding to “close the skill gap” that was marketed a lot before game release
  • kurbalija
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's just fifa scripting, no big deal
  • phil_88
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    kurbalija wrote: »

Scripting doesn’t exist don’t ya know 😂😂 i was playing a draft yesterday and the dude had 2 shots and won the game 2-0, I had 18 shots but just cudnt score, including 2 1 on 1’s with his gk and also I got that desperate I cut back to an open part of the goal and 99 pele put it wide. The rage was unreal.
  • DunB
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    When I am experiencing this I switch over to my non-rare golds after a few games. And suddenly... the advantage is on me.

Beating 89 or higher rated teams with 78 rated non-rares. Only EA...
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 20
    Just make a full silver team and see your connection troubles go away.. I always switch to my silver side when it starts to get unbearable. Enough to compete for G1 every week.

PS: the most OP thing is: put Zlatan up top in a full 90+ pace silver team with a capable, average rated, tallGK (Butland, NIF Donnarumma, etc)
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    DunB wrote: »
    When I am experiencing this I switch over to my non-rare golds after a few games. And suddenly... the advantage is on me.

Beating 89 or higher rated teams with 78 rated non-rares. Only EA...

Haven't read your comment before I posted mine. Exactly.
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    bberger wrote: »
    Just make a full silver team and see your connection troubles go away.. I always switch to my silver side when it starts to get unbearable. Enough to compete for G1 every week.

PS: the most OP thing is: put Zlatan up top in a full 90+ pace silver team with a capable, average rated, tallGK (Butland, NIF Donnarumma, etc)

Just like last year then?
  • Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    During todays WL i played 3 times against a normal Gold backline of players like Rüdiger, Bailly, Valencia, Rose,Sanchez

They constantly outmuscled ,outrun my players like Pele, FB Torres ; PIM RIvaldo etc. Their positioning was almost perfect, they could intercept almost every pass I made.

The other matches where I played against teams full of Icons and other special cards their defenders didnt give me that much of a hard time.

Coincidence ? Why can I easily beat PIM Nesta, Maldini, Van Dijk etc but as soon as a damn 81 rated CB comes up I'm screwed ? its ridiculous guys
    I know sometimes the game dont go your ways .. but dont forget that this players are defenders it wont matter if they are rated 80-82 you slap a chemestry card on them and they do a pretty good job .. but on the other side i know what you meant .. went this game dont want you to win everything goes on the opponents side ..
  • CustardHippo
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    bberger wrote: »

I have a silver Bundes2 side i like to use, it's great, people get so desperate. Go 1-0 up and watch the gaps appear left right and centre as they do everything to try score, then 2-0. Hank Veerman > VVD for headers. It's somewhat comical how that team will compete with 90+ rated sides at times. It shouldnt be a contest but whatever they did to this game basically means anyone can beat anyone if the games on your side.
  • Bakudu76
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    Maybe it's the players that use those teams don't rely on sheer opness of elite tier players and mostly are good in passing, build up, timing the challenges and defending.
    I also thought on getting rid of my 30KK team to play with normal rare gold players for a while.
    And have a reality check on my skill level as a player without my God squad.
    Think about their perspective only playing against better sides. With better player with better stats. Yet we moan.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Maybe it's the players that use those teams don't rely on sheer opness of elite tier players and mostly are good in passing, build up, timing the challenges and defending.
    I also thought on getting rid of my 30KK team to play with normal rare gold players for a while.
    Think about their perspective only playing against better sides. With better player with better stats. Yet we moan.

As someone who only started fut last month I can tell you it is annoying coming up against God sides all the time, finally starting to at least fill my team with 89+ players.
  • freakjas
    5941 posts Big Money Move
    Hes probably the better player. Its annoying, i know but if someone with a gold team can compete with icon teams he is usually quite good.
  • Bakudu76
    869 posts Semi-Pro

As someone who only started fut last month I can tell you it is annoying coming up against God sides all the time, finally starting to at least fill my team with 89+ players.

Where do you finish in WL and skillrating ?
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 20
    2 weeks ago I sold my entire team and finished gold 2 with an 84 mostly gold squad. The entire upgrade pressure is mostly placebo. This WL I lost more games vs full goldsquads than vs full icon/tots squads. If it were only me and just a few games I would say its coincidence but everyone is experiencing this. It just further shows how EA is screwing over our minds with this game. No more fifa for me next year.

My TOTY Ramos getting outpaced by FB Ibra several times, NIF Griezmann bullying PIM Desailly of the ball, NIF Promes winning headers vs anyone in my team.....EA logic to make me feel unstatisfied with my team. I am sick of the hidden gamemechanics toying with my mind to try to make me spend money on packs.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    kurbalija wrote: »

Oh no, you went there
  • Pacey3_16
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've switched to a nif gold team with the exception of fs gomez, potm hazard and toty kdb who are untradeable. And this week i hit gold 1 where as the highest I've ever got previous is gold 3
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 20

Where do you finish in WL and skillrating ?

Sitting on just over 1000 skill rating and no time for WL.

Was in div 7 2 weeks ago now div 5