OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    edited May 17
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson to Play The Batman in Matt Reeves’ Film!

this is actually a great decision. he's done a lot of really interesting work since the twillight films. very good actor

What are some good movies he’s been in? What few movies I’ve seen him in post twilight, he just doesn’t seem a good actor at all to me. Zero range of emotion.

Maybe I’ve missed anything good he’s been in.

EDIT. After looking at his films, what movies i have seen of him were while he was still doing Twilight, haven’t seen anything post Twilight.
  • Argie8
    5735 posts Big Money Move
    Robert Pattinson to Play The Batman in Matt Reeves’ Film!

this is actually a great decision. he's done a lot of really interesting work since the twillight films. very good actor

What are some good movies he’s been in? What few movies I’ve seen him in post twilight, he just doesn’t seem a good actor at all to me. Zero range of emotion.

Maybe I’ve missed anything good he’s been in.

EDIT. After looking at his films, what movies i have seen of him were while he was still doing Twilight, haven’t seen anything post Twilight.

He's excellent in Good Time. its a very unique role. He's good in Lost City of Z and I've heard good things about him in Cosmopolis and High Life although ive not seen either. I always liked the idea of Jon Hamm playing Batman but I like Pattinson as a curveball choice.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I think Pattinson was the one I wanted to see least. Ha.

But I suppose right now DC have little to lose...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Just saw that apparently it’s not finalized. And that Nicholas Hoult is still in the running.
  • Shshj
    3955 posts National Call-Up
    Out of all the people I definitely didn't expect Pattinson to get it.

I guess this film is going to strike a completely different tone compared to any Batman we've seen before, surely Pattinson the youngest actor to ever play him?
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Out of all the people I definitely didn't expect Pattinson to get it.

I guess this film is going to strike a completely different tone compared to any Batman we've seen before, surely Pattinson the youngest actor to ever play him?

Bale was probably younger
  • hoban95
    48514 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I’m on board for this.
  • Argie8
    edited May 17
    He can do the dark, brooding part of Batman very well. I'm yet to see him play cool and charismatic yet though. Honestly I think this could be a Heath Ledger situation: a guy everyone was like wtf when he was announced because it was such a curveball

Nicholas hoult would be a strange choice to me.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I’ve no doubt he could play the Batman role, it’s Bruce Wayne that is the question mark for me for Pattinson
  • Shshj
    Gave Justice League another watch earlier - the first time I've seen it since it was in cinemas. It really is so depressingly bad, mainly because it had so much promise.

Hopefully DC can sort themselves out and use these characters properly in the future.
  • hoban95
    I don’t think I’ve seen it fully since the cinemas. Seen clips since though.
  • Shshj
    edited May 19
    hoban95 wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve seen it fully since the cinemas. Seen clips since though.

In fairness I don't think it's that bad. As a standalone film it's alright but in terms of the DCEU it's pretty terrible and is obviously now the straw which broke the camel's back.

The whole thing just feels rushed, there's no payoff to any of the characters and Steppenwolf is a terrible villain. It's like Marvel putting out the first Avengers film with only Iron Man, Thor and Iron Man 2 preceding it, then trying to introduce Captain America, the Hulk etc. all within the first half an hour.
  • hoban95
    Dead on. It felt completely rushed.
  • Argie8
    It's a guilty pleasure movie for me. Bad but fun
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    Deadline has revealed intriguing new details on The Falcon and The Winter Solider Disney+ series, which will see Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan reprise their MCU roles as Steve Rogers' best buds.

Perhaps most exciting is the news that Civil War supporting players Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp are in talks to return as Zemo and Sharon Carter/Agent 13.

ZEMO!!!!!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Anyone else finish Arrow yet?
  • xHerdie
    3989 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone else finish Arrow yet?

Normally up to date on the CW shows but haven’t watched in weeks. Gotta catch up

Saw the teaser headline for the crossover so kinda have an idea of what happened at the end
  • XxRichiexRichxX
  • Apollo
    14214 posts Has That Special Something

Finally we'll get some news about it :blush:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »

What is this?
  • Apollo
    Apollo wrote: »

What is this?

An avengers video game that was announced absolutely ages ago but this is the first time we'll actually get any information about it
  • Apollo
    But yeah as its square enix involved in the Avengers game, @XxRichiexRichxX , a lot of people including me are hopeful it'll be good, but details have been so sparse for so long now that it's just a relief they're finally talking about it :joy: Been wanting a AAA Avengers game for years, hopefully this is it, but we'll see what it looks like at E3
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Awesome. I’ll add that to the list of games I’ll be keeping an eye out for atE3
  • Apollo
    edited May 29
    Awesome. I’ll add that to the list of games I’ll be keeping an eye out for atE3

Nice :blush: I really hope they do it justice, I'm sure they will as it's such a massive thing to make an avengers game now, hopefully they have looked at what made the Spiderman game so incredible
  • Argie8
    Dark Phoenix getting pretty bad reviews...
  • Apollo
  • Arsenalfan97
    7646 posts League Winner
    edited June 6

Pretty bad is a understatement lol the most positive reviews are still only 6/10 it seems everyone is placing in the bottom 3 of the X-Men movies alongside origins and last stand. Such a inconsistent franchise hopefully Disney sort it out when it gets rebooted in 5-10 years
  • Argie8

Pretty bad is a understatement lol the most positive reviews are still only 6/10 it seems everyone is placing in the bottom 3 of the X-Men movies alongside origins and last stand. Such a inconsistent franchise hopefully Disney sort it out when it gets rebooted in 5-10 years

Yeah it's a shame the series has ended this way. I'm a big fan of the xmen films. I've liked all of them apart from origins wolverine
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    The trailers for it looked awful
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Also, Swamp Thing already cancelled