Chelsea Football Club

Comments

  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    What do you think of signing coutinho now?

    Couldn't wait to ask, could you?
  • Pxul_
    11687 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    What do you think of signing coutinho now?

    Couldn't wait to ask, could you?

    Was a serious question, that injury is unfortunately going to keep him out for some time.

    Do you think you need a replacement or not?
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    What do you think of signing coutinho now?

    Couldn't wait to ask, could you?

    Was a serious question, that injury is unfortunately going to keep him out for some time.

    Do you think you need a replacement or not?

    Unfortunately, yes.
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    What do you think of signing coutinho now?

    Couldn't wait to ask, could you?

    Was a serious question, that injury is unfortunately going to keep him out for some time.

    Do you think you need a replacement or not?

    Unfortunately, yes.

    If we do sign a midfielder, I hope it is someone versatile enough to at least play both the LCM and RCM positions, and maybe the regista spot as well. Would provide nice depth for the whole midfield, and allow RLC to take his LCM spot back when fit.
  • Ahmer50x
    31387 posts National Team Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    What do you think of signing coutinho now?

    Couldn't wait to ask, could you?

    Was a serious question, that injury is unfortunately going to keep him out for some time.

    Do you think you need a replacement or not?

    Unfortunately, yes.

    If we do sign a midfielder, I hope it is someone versatile enough to at least play both the LCM and RCM positions, and maybe the regista spot as well. Would provide nice depth for the whole midfield, and allow RLC to take his LCM spot back when fit.

    Jorginho/Kovacic
    Kante/X
    RLC/Mount

    That'd probably make most sense if you're going to actually promote Mount.
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2019
    As frustrating and infuriating as it is, the problem we now have with RLC is that he's suffered two horrible injuries in the space of a few months. Both are issues that could plague him for the rest of his career, can he be trusted as a starter?

    Arsenal learned the hard way with Wilshere. We're going to need at least one adequate backup, maybe two.
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    You’re overreacting a bit with the Achilles’ tendon rupture. Once fit, he should return to his normal self.
  • Vies_Adams_Apple
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2019
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    You’re overreacting a bit with the Achilles’ tendon rupture. Once fit, he should return to his normal self.

    Thanks doc.
    latest?cb=20170903205918
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    You’re overreacting a bit with the Achilles’ tendon rupture. Once fit, he should return to his normal self.

    Thanks doc.
    latest?cb=20170903205918

    I’ll settle for LAT, ATC. But you’re welcome.
  • Ahmer50x
    31387 posts National Team Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    You’re overreacting a bit with the Achilles’ tendon rupture. Once fit, he should return to his normal self.

    Functional deficits can persist nonetheless.
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    You’re overreacting a bit with the Achilles’ tendon rupture. Once fit, he should return to his normal self.

    Functional deficits can persist nonetheless.

    May persist, but usually return to normal after 2 years.
  • Sloosh
    6757 posts Big Money Move
    Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi out for months meanwhile people like Willian and Ross Barkley get to walk around scot-free with no repercussions
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    Real Madrid have signed Jovic for €60m.

  • Ahmer50x
    31387 posts National Team Captain
    edited May 2019


    BILD say no deal yet evidently but I'd argue he's pretty clearly going there

    Who are your other options?
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    BILD say no deal yet evidently but I'd argue he's pretty clearly going there

    Who are your other options?

    Cavani seems to be the only other reputable link outside of Tammy or Michy.

    There's also rumours that Giroud has a one year extension we can trigger, and that Atletico will have to pay €18m if they want to extend Morata's loan next year. Definitely two to keep an eye on if our ban is upheld.
  • WryLucky
    5444 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2019
    Shshj wrote: »
    Real Madrid have signed Jovic for €60m.


    They can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off with buying Hazard then. Better offer a good deal anyway.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    WorldWideChels saying:

    - Hazard definitely leaving as long as a fee can be agreed
    - Gentlemen’s agreement being discussed with Real that would see them allow Jovic to come to us
    - CHO to sign a new deal and take the #10 shirt
    - RLC to sign a new deal
    - No discussions of Pepe or any other transfer at the moment


    :joy::joy:

  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    WorldWideChels saying:

    - Hazard definitely leaving as long as a fee can be agreed
    - Gentlemen’s agreement being discussed with Real that would see them allow Jovic to come to us
    - CHO to sign a new deal and take the #10 shirt
    - RLC to sign a new deal
    - No discussions of Pepe or any other transfer at the moment


    :joy::joy:

    :D:D:D
  • Ahmer50x
    31387 posts National Team Captain
    Shshj wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    BILD say no deal yet evidently but I'd argue he's pretty clearly going there

    Who are your other options?

    Cavani seems to be the only other reputable link outside of Tammy or Michy.

    There's also rumours that Giroud has a one year extension we can trigger, and that Atletico will have to pay €18m if they want to extend Morata's loan next year. Definitely two to keep an eye on if our ban is upheld.

    Don't see the point in signing Cavani tbh at his age or triggering Giroud's clause.

    You'd be better off sticking with Michy and Tammy.
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    WorldWideChels saying:

    - Hazard definitely leaving as long as a fee can be agreed
    - Gentlemen’s agreement being discussed with Real that would see them allow Jovic to come to us
    - CHO to sign a new deal and take the #10 shirt
    - RLC to sign a new deal
    - No discussions of Pepe or any other transfer at the moment


    :joy::joy:

    WorldWideChels only said it was being discussed. Obviously was never agreed on.

    I’m with @Shshj on him, though. Don’t believe a word he says.
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    At least we now he can't be trusted, the same goes for all of these Twitter ITKs.

    I'd still be confident about Ruben and CHO signing new deals though.
  • finsfan85
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    At least we now he can't be trusted, the same goes for all of these Twitter ITKs.

    I'd still be confident about Ruben and CHO signing new deals though.

    The only account we know has a source at the club is CarefreeYouth. He’s been pretty quiet lately though.
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2019
    Our need for the ban to be frozen is even more desperate now. No Eden, CHO and Ruben potentially missing the first few months of the season?

    That's arguably our three most gifted attackers all gone/out. Watching our attack will be painful.
  • Low Ki
    13324 posts Has That Special Something
    Achilles injuries are 6 months out minimum. I feel bad for him, what a stupid time to for this match as well.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    What was the actual purpose of the match? I don’t understand ? It would probably of been arranged before you even got to the latter stages of the EL , really it should of been re-arranged for after the final.
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Gervonta wrote: »
    What was the actual purpose of the match? I don’t understand ? It would probably of been arranged before you even got to the latter stages of the EL , really it should of been re-arranged for after the final.

    Not sure why any priority player would start when the final is the following week. Silly tbh.

    But I guess it's all in good fun, get the young players involved and what not.
  • El_Nino
    8971 posts League Winner
    Boomba wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    What was the actual purpose of the match? I don’t understand ? It would probably of been arranged before you even got to the latter stages of the EL , really it should of been re-arranged for after the final.

    Not sure why any priority player would start when the final is the following week. Silly tbh.

    But I guess it's all in good fun, get the young players involved and what not.
    It was for a good cause, it wouldn’t have looked great, had we gone and played a load of kids. ‘Yeah we care about the cause, not enough to actually play anyone relevant, but yeah we care’
    It’s also been said that contractually we had to field a relatively full strength team.
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    It was an awareness match for anti-semitism, no doubt the club saw it as a chance to increase our profile in the US too. The whole thing was laid on by Roman and he was there, apparently Sarri was told that he had to play the starters which makes sense when you see the lineup.

    That doesn't excuse the stupidity of it though. Look at the state of the pitch, someone was always going to be hurt.
  • Pietu
    10770 posts Has That Special Something
    Daily Mail say Loftus-Cheek can be out for up to a year, hopefully he isn't out for that long.
  • Shshj
    10216 posts Has That Special Something
    Not great news as far as we're concerned. If Sarri leaves, you know this man will be right at the top of our shortlist...

Sign In or Register to comment.