The Great Futsby -Tradingguide- "Reading this thread is a good investment, old sport!"

Comments

• Hulkmodus
    1325 posts Play-Off Hero
    So what do you guys is the better investment
    A) buying low tots after cm sbc is done
    B) buying 83/84 on Friday lightning round

Or combine those 2?
  • Kvkortrijk19
    621 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think second option , i bought about 300 ucl cards for the premium cl sbc to drop , and to many peoples invested in them , you had to be quick to sell everything in one hour , then they dropped like a stone again
  • Iks
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    What do you think will happen for Mbappe as he will likely win POTY and YPOTY ?
  • KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    Iks wrote: »
    What do you think will happen for Mbappe as he will likely win POTY and YPOTY ?

Shhhhh :D

With everything else going on this is going under the radar
  • oldboiler
    1980 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not convinced on these TOTS investments. If this week is anything to go by EA are giving 2/3 out per week in objectives, another 2 out in weekly SBCs, WL rewards will release lots more into the market and the pack rate is higher than normal. I’m already sitting on 6 untradeable TOTS cards by doing very little.

Can see a big return though if the big leagues require 2 TOTS players per SBC and they release the SBC twice per week like last year.

• KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Not convinced on these TOTS investments. If this week is anything to go by EA are giving 2/3 out per week in objectives, another 2 out in weekly SBCs, WL rewards will release lots more into the market and the pack rate is higher than normal. I’m already sitting on 6 untradeable TOTS cards by doing very little.

Can see a big return though if the big leagues require 2 TOTS players per SBC and they release the SBC twice per week like last year.

I think there are coins be to had but you are going to have to sell at just the right time and quickly i think.

This year on all the obvious investments you've had a really short window to sell
  • Futfanatic
    12588 posts Has That Special Something

I see it like this: There will always be people that need to buy them from the market so worst come to worst you'll get your coins back with how low prices are right now. As long as you don't have to discard them for 10k all is well.
  • IAIK7
    3394 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 15
    I think the best thing to do is split your investments:

1) 83/84s have significantly gone up since the MC TOTS SBC. They'll definitely be needed throughout this promo so, it'd be a good idea to stock up during Thursday rewards, sell when the SBCs land, and repeat weekly. This will 100% work.

2) Buy TOTS for as low as you can today or tomorrow (but personally I wouldn't sink all your coins into them).

3) In a worst case scenario, you have to sell your TOTS for what you got them for (maybe a little less if you're impatient or miss the boat). But, you can recover any losses from your 83/84s. Best case scenario is that you profit from both investments.
  • Futfanatic
    IAIK7 wrote: »

1) 83/84s have significantly gone up since the MC TOTS SBC. They'll definitely be needed throughout this promo so, it'd be a good idea to stock up during Thursday rewards, sell when the SBCs land, and repeat weekly. This will 100% work.

2) But TOTS for as low as you can today or tomorrow (but personally I wouldn't sink all your coins into them).

3) In a worst case scenario, you have to sell your TOTS for what you got them for (maybe a little less if you're impatient or miss the boat). But, you can recover any losses from your 83/84s. Best case scenario is that you profit from both investments.

Smart advice, I would recommend this too. I'm not going to do it myself because I want to open packs etc. but anyone who doesn;t should do this.
  • oldboiler
    1980 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah you’re probably right.

...I think I’m going to sack off buying for investments and literally pick up enough for my own SBC completion plus enough 83-85s to complete the requirements.

Assume there’s 10 more guarenteed TOTS SBCs each requiring 2 TOTS players:

I’ll go in on 20 TOTS players
    50 83s
    30 84s
    10 85s

• Gunnercp
    1360 posts Professional
    Had a punt and bought a few rttf 86 Mathieu and ucl fekirs for 18-20k in the hope of a rise for mbappe poty. If it fails, oh well!

• Flamstead
    2831 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gunnercp wrote: »
    Had a punt and bought a few rttf 86 Mathieu and ucl fekirs for 18-20k in the hope of a rise for mbappe poty. If it fails, oh well!

Mathieu is a great shout.
    Yeah you’re probably right.

...I think I’m going to sack off buying for investments and literally pick up enough for my own SBC completion plus enough 83-85s to complete the requirements.

Assume there’s 10 more guarenteed TOTS SBCs each requiring 2 TOTS players:

I’ll go in on 20 TOTS players
    50 83s
    30 84s
    10 85s

Think I'll do the same. I think I am done with "trading" on Fifa 19. On Friday I hope to, during the madness, complete 4 icon SBCs and then its just a waiting game for the other TOTS cards that I might add into either squad.

Remember though, last year, they did a tradable TOTS SBC after all leagues had been realised. This would be a time to gamble on cheap TOTS cards.
  • mindm4ster
    4927 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 15

2) Buy TOTS for as low as you can today or tomorrow (but personally I wouldn't sink all your coins into them).

if MC TOTS Sbc was 84 rated then PL will be 85 or higher

I'd buy 85's instead of 84's on friday
  • Edward220967
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    mindm4ster wrote: »

They can also ask for 2 TOTS players, but probably an 85 rated team yeah
  • Gunnercp
    1360 posts Professional
    mindm4ster wrote: »

They can also ask for 2 TOTS players, but probably an 85 rated team yeah

Yea. They dont seem to like duplicates (icon sbcs)!

• Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Or two 84 squads
  • Gunnercp
    1360 posts Professional
    I did wonder whether theyd put an IF requirement into them too? If they do I hope they lower the chem requirements.
  • Hulkmodus
    1325 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe it'll be a 84 squad with 1 tots but all 11 players from PL for example
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    Maybe it'll be a 84 squad with 1 tots but all 11 players from PL for example

That would be awful. I'm leaning towards 84 + TOTS + TOTW for EPL.
  • KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gunnercp wrote: »
    I did wonder whether theyd put an IF requirement into them too? If they do I hope they lower the chem requirements.

Yeah the 80 chem has got to go, makes it so much harder and more expensive
  • burken
    89 posts Park Captain
    i am 1.3mil deep on TOTS investments. stacey, norwood, walker and some shackells. if they don't rise this friday - would you guys say it's best to just sell them and admit defeat?
  • Finesse_4days
    6916 posts Big Money Move
    burken wrote: »
    i am 1.3mil deep on TOTS investments. stacey, norwood, walker and some shackells. if they don't rise this friday - would you guys say it's best to just sell them and admit defeat?

no I'd wait until atleast Sunday becuase that is when I reckon the BPL tots SBC will be, and last year loads of Tots cards were needed for Ligue 1 POTY and that is on Sunday as well.
  • Cbn
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Really hope that the EPL SBC is Sunday and the smaller one tuesday.
  • Dutch007
    2559 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cbn wrote: »

So it will be the other way around!
  • Cbn
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Cbn wrote: »

So it will be the other way around!

Think so too
  • Cortza
    845 posts Professional
    I've just gone about 200-250k deep on Anthony Lopes of Lyon who is in TOTW. A high rated (84) French player who will fit a ton of SBCs over the weekend with Ligue 1 POTY due to be released 👍🏻

Should hopefully go extinct since supply is already low thanks to the MC SBC.
  • Vert
    15420 posts World Class
    Bought 30 Schars for 1k and now he's 4/5k
  • KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tots still dropping, if they get near 15k can see people happily selling for 18/20k :#

Haven't got any for the record
  • FinEverton
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Tots still dropping, if they get near 15k can see people happily selling for 18/20k :#

Cant predict. Are people opening packs tomorrow?
  • Futfanatic
    KRANG00 wrote: »

How exactly will they drop to 15k when min price is 19.25