Anybody else feels like TOTS this year feels stale and dragging on?!?

Hamzy_LFC
1973 posts Fans' Favourite
Yes we’re only merely into the 1st week but the hype feels so dead and stale... there’s no buzz around it no decent SBCs (part from EOAE which have been the best thing this year)

It just feels dead. People already saying and completing, buying “end game players” I’ve not seen many say I’ll wait till tots or anything.

Also what really poor it **** card bettering promo cards like FS, Carnibal etc. I feel they should have used promos like FS, Carnibal and FUT Birthday on “not your average player” instead they’ve recycled the same players all year and kill them cards off with a tots...

I’ve more or less (IMO) have a end game team. Might not be a god squad or and end game squad to other people but it’s enough for me to achieve what I need to in WL and FUT Rivals.

Also with the state of FIFA 19 you actually think these TOTS player will enchanted you game experience? I don’t think so because my MVP Josef Martinez will still out jump the defenders... it’s in the game.

Comments

• MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    Yes we’re only merely into the 1st week but the hype feels so dead and stale... there’s no buzz around it no decent SBCs (part from EOAE which have been the best thing this year)

It just feels dead. People already saying and completing, buying “end game players” I’ve not seen many say I’ll wait till tots or anything.

Also what really poor it **** card bettering promo cards like FS, Carnibal etc. I feel they should have used promos like FS, Carnibal and FUT Birthday on “not your average player” instead they’ve recycled the same players all year and kill them cards off with a tots...

I’ve more or less (IMO) have a end game team. Might not be a god squad or and end game squad to other people but it’s enough for me to achieve what I need to in WL and FUT Rivals.

Also with the state of FIFA 19 you actually think these TOTS player will enchanted you game experience? I don’t think so because my MVP Josef Martinez will still out jump the defenders... it’s in the game.

Never seen the forums so dead at this time of the year. I think the fact they didn’t do two MC Guaranteed SBCs this year is a mistake.

I really do think people have had enough, the whole year has been about greed. We’ve had no game play update for how long? But promo after promo. Loads of new cards but the game is a shambles
  • Hamzy_LFC
    1973 posts Fans' Favourite
    @MHoney1234 I’ve always hoped they go through atleast 1 month where we can just play and have NO PROMOS and just stick with SBCs like MM, FB, EOAE but every other it’s been chaos along with EA blunders with PIM icons, PIM SBC upgrades, weekly objectives, IFs becoming NIFs in packs like Laporte etc. Reus SBC scam and all other crap that come this year.

• MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    @MHoney1234 I’ve always hoped they go through atleast 1 month where we can just play and have NO PROMOS and just stick with SBCs like MM, FB, EOAE but every other it’s been chaos along with EA blunders with PIM icons, PIM SBC upgrades, weekly objectives, IFs becoming NIFs in packs like Laporte etc. Reus SBC scam and all other crap that come this year.

I’m with you mate. I’d rather see less content but a better game. I’ve been ripped off so many times this year.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13224 posts Has That Special Something
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Never seen the forums so dead at this time of the year. I think the fact they didn’t do two MC Guaranteed SBCs this year is a mistake.

I really do think people have had enough, the whole year has been about greed. We’ve had no game play update for how long? But promo after promo. Loads of new cards but the game is a shambles

Too many cards in this game, should get rid of it all and just stick with totw, toty and tots sod everything else
  • madwullie
    3634 posts National Call-Up
    I like the fact there's a lot of cards personally as theoretically it should mean more variety in the teams you are facing. I say theoretically because apart from the ffs cards it's just been the same players getting better and better cards. Pointless. Would be much better if there was a really wide range of players who were competitively viable
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve not bothered at all with TOTS and the first time in 6 years I weren’t even looking forward to it. I’ve not played in weeks and I don’t miss it. Just check in here to see if anything decent going on and all I see is more mistakes from EA. They have killed this game this year and lost a lot of players. I know I won’t ever put lots of money their way again. They dont deserve what’s left of their fan base
  • Grifan
    1130 posts Professional
    Agree with the above. All the sbcs are now just designed to take cards and coins off market for upcoming stuff it’s a completely boring experience so far.
  • CharlieC
    5628 posts Big Money Move
    Agreed. I like content but there are definitely too many special cards this year. They need to be more imaginative and stop the incessant pursuit of money. Fix the gameplay and I’ll probably spend more, that’s the key.
  • Tesco
    6492 posts Big Money Move
    Too many special cards in the big leagues*
  • Kiido
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Like someone else mentioned, I don't mind the cards. I mind the fact that 95% is useless and only the 5% are the ones competitive enough to actually be used
  • ImAtrocious
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    I wouldn't really say I feel like the promo is dragging on. They are sucking a bit of my enthusiasm away given some of the cards and the way it's being done, but it's always a long process and I know it takes some time to get all the cards out.

I've held off building my "end game" team to see what TOTS brings, so maybe that is why I have more interest in what will come out. I could finish it off now with some icons, but I'm not really a big full icon fan, so that's why I've waited.
  • FinEverton
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Might not even do many TOTS sbc:s this year. Not many community TOTS what I even want.
  • lippyone
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How can there be too many cards?

It is not like anyone is forcing you do get them, if you want less content then just ignore it.
  • Gnomenclature
    1940 posts Fans' Favourite
    As this was my first tots, I was really excited. However, after four days there has not been one card that has excited me. I'm an sbc addict and non of them had gotten me to pull the trigger - not including odegarrd (which I did to do the weekly). .. sissoko is the only real tots sbc? Meh... didn't even do that cause I packed his nif and and still waiting for the tots version.

Hopefully prem tots is more exciting... the weeklys were fun, but I got them all done by Saturday and the cards were trash.
  • lukey200
    704 posts Semi-Pro
    why don't they just get it all done in a week ?? it does seem crazy it will go on for weeks
  • Raider
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    lukey200 wrote: »
    why don't they just get it all done in a week ?? it does seem crazy it will go on for weeks

Because they need to feed their wallets over time
  • v4vendetta1978
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hype for when prem gets here but wait you can’t buy any their price will drop next week when the next league comes out and it goes on and on and on
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4266 posts National Call-Up
    I think not giving us two shots at most MC is a big mistake. For me if there aren’t league upgrade sbc’s to go with tots for each league it will be terrible. Rinsing those sbc’s is the best thing about tots.
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    The 1 good thing about all the extra cards as been at least not playing the same team every single game.
  • rohyah
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Obviously you're a millennial?
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 14
    I think one thing making it feel less hyped than normal are the forums being quoted, but that’s more due to a lot of people leaving or finding other places to discuss Fifa, due to how the forums are now run.
  • HullCity1904
    1822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Too many special cards of same players + stretching out promos to maximise profit + not enough free **** = bored already.

It will happen each week. Friday Saturday hype and deadness after.

it's TOTS, it's the endgame... bring out all the stops... 81+ upgrades, TOTW guaranteed sbcs, Player picks, league upgrade player packs, TOTS guaranteed repeatable...

i understand you're trying to stretch it out but all you're doing is creating spikes of hype, not a continuous hype.
  • OZero
    4763 posts National Call-Up
    Coz it’s Tuesday. Wait till this Friday.
  • DeanoZoff
    4216 posts National Call-Up
    Its barely even started.

Give it some time jesus
  • CustardHippo
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    crackers07 wrote: »
    The 1 good thing about all the extra cards as been at least not playing the same team every single game.

I am, I am just playing different colours and card styles of the same players. Very rarely play a team that isn't mostly PL or doesn't have some sort of VVD and FB Luiz, Sanchez, Dave. Only variation is who they sub on but can guarantee 1/3 of those subs will be Ibra.
  • dregana08
    3648 posts National Call-Up
    Best part of the game for me. I can't wait for all the cards to be released and have a real mix of minor league ToTS gems. I remember in FUT16(?) when the chem was discovered to be broken, playing with a mostly Liga Nos ToTS team... Slimani, Jonas, Layun etc... beastly. This year I have a feeling it will be the Eredivisie players with a dutch icon or two thrown in to link other players.
  • DanValletta
    1078 posts Professional
    ADHD is rough, I feel you.