Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    AIeks wrote: »
    Olleman wrote: »
    Would FB Ibra work as a CCAM in 4231 with Prime Eusebio upfront or is it better to swap them around? And is Eusebio good as a lone ST?
    Depends on your play style. The CAM spot drains stamina and Ibra's is already quite low. I did use him there briefly before switching to a 352 full time and he was good but might need to be subbed out.
    I use the Cam quite a lot tbh. U don’t think Eusebio would be wasted at Cam tho? Might actually try out 352! Is it good?:)
  • ne0_phr34k
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    Undecided on the next SBC to complete. Need a box to box player I'm gonna use as one of my two CDMs. Thinking Prime Gullit or PIM Lothar... Leaning towards Lothar solely because he has a moments card. Anyone who's used both can give me some reviews?
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Would FB Ibra work as a CCAM in 4231 with Prime Eusebio upfront or is it better to swap them around? And is Eusebio good as a lone ST?
    Depends on your play style. The CAM spot drains stamina and Ibra's is already quite low. I did use him there briefly before switching to a 352 full time and he was good but might need to be subbed out.
    I use the Cam quite a lot tbh. U don’t think Eusebio would be wasted at Cam tho? Might actually try out 352! Is it good?:)
    Yeah I like it a lot, give it a go, good CB's are essential of course. There's a 352 guide that has tactics etc in GD.

Idk if Eusebio would be wasted at CAM but I think his place is at striker.

• Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    Scutch wrote: »
    Guys, here's a poser:

Sell 90 Gullit to do the R96 SBC? I'm currently using Ibra up top with Socrates (Gullit next to Vieira)

IEHMcef.jpg

Everyone starts on 10 chem. Also almost have EoE Ribery to battle Hazard. Just need a CM if I sold Gullit. Have TOTS Sissoko but doubt he's the replacement I'd need :lol:

Thoughts?

Anyone want to talk me down?
  • Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    Guys, here's a poser:

Sell 90 Gullit to do the R96 SBC? I'm currently using Ibra up top with Socrates (Gullit next to Vieira)

IEHMcef.jpg

Everyone starts on 10 chem. Also almost have EoE Ribery to battle Hazard. Just need a CM if I sold Gullit. Have TOTS Sissoko but doubt he's the replacement I'd need :lol:

Thoughts?

It's obviously stupid so dunno why it's even a question :trollface:
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

I have both, R9 and Gullit and while I think R9 is great, Top3 striker in the entire game, but if it came down to choosing one or the other, R9 would have to go. Gullit is irreplaceable.

If that Socrates is tradeable maybe get rid of him instead, Ibra and R9 work great together.

• Rb10119
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2019

Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

R9 Hazard
    Ribery Socrates Vieira Robben
  • RebelRob
    7268 posts Big Money Move
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

I’d keep gullit and go with either a version of cr or maybe a tots striker, but that’s only because I’m boycotting r9 after the pim debacle.

How much you got if you don’t sell gullit?
  • iSptmnky
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

I’d keep gullit and go with either a version of cr or maybe a tots striker, but that’s only because I’m boycotting r9 after the pim debacle.

Boycotting R9 is going to show EA for sure.
  • RebelRob
    iSptmnky wrote: »
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

Boycotting R9 is going to show EA for sure.

That’s what I thought.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    edited May 2019
    7WPDH7l.gif

Titi <3
  • Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

I’ve got 1m currently. Tradeable players in team are Gullit, VDS and Mendy.

Also, I have to concede, Socrates has changed my opinion now I’ve stuck him as a striker. He’s just superb there. I actually though about replacing Ibra with prime Butragueno too. I know he’s one of the cheaper original icons but he’s always so good and that 5* weak foot to boot.
  • Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

I have both, R9 and Gullit and while I think R9 is great, Top3 striker in the entire game, but if it came down to choosing one or the other, R9 would have to go. Gullit is irreplaceable.

If that Socrates is tradeable maybe get rid of him instead, Ibra and R9 work great together.

If Socrates was tradeable he wouldn’t be in my team at all. Went through a terrible patch with him, but since moving him to striker he’s been superb.
  • CervezaNL
    1276 posts Professional
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

Also, I have to concede, Socrates has changed my opinion now I’ve stuck him as a striker. He’s just superb there. I actually though about replacing Ibra with prime Butragueno too. I know he’s one of the cheaper original icons but he’s always so good and that 5* weak foot to boot.

Stick the 1M into cheap tots, wait a week. Might have 2M
  • Finesse_4days
    17845 posts World Class
    edited May 2019
    CervezaNL wrote: »
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

risky business with how easy it is to get Tots from Objectives and the EFL SBC , everyone should have atleast 1 or 2 to recycle so they won't go up as much as that. They might go up abit but I can't see them doubling when the objectives aren't even that hard.
  • DougInskip
    9280 posts Has That Special Something
    Fresh 95 Dinho not selling at 5.9, drop baby
  • CervezaNL
    1276 posts Professional
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

risky business with how easy it is to get Tots from Objectives and the EFL SBC , everyone should have atleast 1 or 2 to recycle so they won't go up as much as that. They might go up abit but I can't see them doubling when the objectives aren't even that hard.

Is the same thing people said about low cost high rated cards before xmas >:)
  • Finesse_4days
    17845 posts World Class
    Guys, here's a poser:

IEHMcef.jpg

Thoughts?

Is the same thing people said about low cost high rated cards before xmas >:)

Your right , but there was an expected upsurge in demand becuase they released loads of good SBCS at once so that is a bit different. If they require two Tots for a Bpl Tots SBC then they will shoot up but of they just require 1 they will only go up abit IMO.
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Completed it on Saturday but hadn’t had a chance to post the picture:

2CpcdGk.png
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    Man, I like this FB Ibra so much. Will be hard to move him from St to make room for Eusebio :/ Maybe Dinho would be the way to go and play him Cam :joy::#
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    Sold prime Cruyff. I’m very close to pulling the trigger on TOTY Messi. Been wanting to use him all year but kept postponing it because icons are so much easier for links but with considering I’ll probably only play for another 1-2 months I think now is the time.
  • RebelRob
    Completed big Pete a little while ago to make an all special team bar nif cr up top.

Must say he’s been very good so far, made some incredible saves with little mistakes and his kicking is a bit better than ddg so very happy with him so far.

• o Magico
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    has anyone used mid and prime Butragueno? I've been meaning to try him for ages, I just compared their in games and the mid has better stats in places I didn't expect. Is the Prime really worth the extra 250-300k?
  • ne0_phr34k
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    ne0_phr34k wrote: »
    Undecided on the next SBC to complete. Need a box to box player I'm gonna use as one of my two CDMs. Thinking Prime Gullit or PIM Lothar... Leaning towards Lothar solely because he has a moments card. Anyone who's used both can give me some reviews?

anyone?
  • Diggy
    15601 posts World Class
    o Magico wrote: »
    has anyone used mid and prime Butragueno? I've been meaning to try him for ages, I just compared their in games and the mid has better stats in places I didn't expect. Is the Prime really worth the extra 250-300k?

Nope 90 is as good as prime
  • sofyanm
    8377 posts League Winner

I did the SBC and I’m still using him, he’s great
  • Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    sofyanm wrote: »

I did the SBC and I’m still using him, he’s great

Yeah he's an absolute nightmare to play against, too.
  • Djenkee
    54 posts Park Captain

anyone?

Only used baby Matthaus, but im sure Gullit will have a much more impact then Matthaus. Matthaus stays the little guy whatever stats you give him. I would definitely go for Gullit
  • Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    Gullit > Matthaus.

Hell, as a CDM/CM or even CAM, Gullit > anyone.
  • Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2019
    How many Icons have you guys packed this year, not including the Icon SBC packs?

4 for me, having never packed an Icon/Legend in any other Fifa before:

90 Figo (untradeable)
    86 Roberto Carlos
    87 Bergkamp
    85 Seedorf