Have all the casuals disappeared from Fifa?

Numlocked_
1637 posts Play-Off Hero
Over the last few weeks I just can't seem to win anymore. I have dropped from mid Division 5 in Rivals to 100 skillrating. Yes, 100...

It seems I kee pgetting matched up against players that feel better than me. And when I encounter players I should be beating, everything else feels off. Bad gameplay, the mechanics working against me, my team feeling like bronzes not being able to finish anything,...

I am very close to just deleting this game and taking the (long) summer off.

Comments

• CharlieC
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    100? That’s crazy even for this broken mess of a game.
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm sorry but, 100? Are you joking?
  • xinj
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks I just can't seem to win anymore. I have dropped from mid Division 5 in Rivals to 100 skillrating. Yes, 100...

It seems I kee pgetting matched up against players that feel better than me. And when I encounter players I should be beating, everything else feels off. Bad gameplay, the mechanics working against me, my team feeling like bronzes not being able to finish anything,...

Did you put Pass Block Assistance in controller settings to Off?

It makes it completely impossible to defend, all auto interceptions are gone, player "lock ons" to loose balls or passes close to a player disappear and player switching is totally broken too
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    D Heleteli wrote: »

I wish I was... I'm average at the game but lately everything goes against me, every game and I seem to match up to a lot of people that feel way better than me...
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 12
    xinj wrote: »

It makes it completely impossible to defend, all auto interceptions are gone, player "lock ons" to loose balls or passes close to a player disappear and player switching is totally broken too

Not to my knowledge but that would be something I need to check when I feel like logging in again. Thanks for the advice.

Didn't know there was such a thing even?
  • CharlieC

I must have that switched off too then because my players sometimes stand around like statues when there’s a loose ball near them😂
  • xinj
    CharlieC wrote: »

I must have that switched off too then because my players sometimes stand around like statues when there’s a loose ball near them😂

Dont even try and play with it Off, they become statues even more, its so scary
  • dfavors
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Check your internet connection, this game is based on that.

Good connection --> win
    Bad connection --> loss
  • CharlieC

Do you know what the purpose is of having a choice whether to have it on or off? Sounds like something we shouldn’t have an option to switch off?
  • matfalko
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Whoever has played at least ONE real football game in any category knows this game has NOTHING to do with football. A north american company making a football game, how can it even be a good emulation of what's this beautiful game is in real life? They can make games about burgers, baseball, guns, or muscle cars, but not football. I can bet there were developers from this bloody company that started working on FIFA franchise without knowing the shape of the ball, let alone the rules. FIFA is not a game to have fun with, it's a full time job for those who are better at exploiting the broken mechanics and make profit from it, but still spending huge amount of hours on it. Now that the weather is getting better, go out and look after some real football to play instead of this cancerous crap.
  • xinj

Do you know what the purpose is of having a choice whether to have it on or off? Sounds like something we shouldn’t have an option to switch off?

People complained about players auto-lunging at balls last year, and this "Off" setting was EA's solution

So stupid
  • SPN1987
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

Don't believe you about the 100. This game however can make any donkey look pretty good due to the broken mechanics, physics, animations, passing and shooting assistance. The more you use your brain the more you get punished for it. This game is the biggest mindfuck ever. It rewards complete **** for doing thoughtless, non sensible things and punishes the ones that actually put some thought behind things.
  • David_75
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dfavors wrote: »
    Check your internet connection, this game is based on that.

Good connection --> win
    Bad connection --> loss

Bollocks. Fibre connection 100 whatever it is. Still lose.
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    SPN1987 wrote: »

Don't believe you about the 100. This game however can make any donkey look pretty good due to the broken mechanics, physics, animations, passing and shooting assistance. The more you use your brain the more you get punished for it. This game is the biggest mindfuck ever. It rewards complete **** for doing thoughtless, non sensible things and punishes the ones that actually put some thought behind things.

Why in godsname would I be lying about my skillrating? :|
  • SPN1987

Post a screenshot. Till then I don't believe you. Do it within 5 mins so that you don't rage quit continuously when starting a match to make your skill rating go downhill.
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero

Post a screenshot. Till then I don't believe you. Do it within 5 mins so that you don't rage quit continuously when starting a match to make your skill rating go downhill.

This community... I have absolutely zero incentive to prove you anything...

Besides I have never posted a pic in this forum before because I don't even know how to with this URL stuff. It would probably take me half an hour to find out with what program I'd have to do it...
  • SPN1987
    edited May 12

Besides I have never posted a pic in this forum before because I don't even know how to with this URL stuff. It would probably take me half an hour to find out with what program I'd have to do it...

Because your are straight up lying. Just stop overexaggerating. :(
  • Gnomenclature
    3155 posts National Call-Up

I'm not the greatest player, but I find that playing division rivals on weekends is much better. All the try hards are busy trying to get weekend league rewards. Most average players, at least imo, stay away from that cesspool of a game mode....

I lose a lot more during the week than I do on the weekend.
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro

I wish I was... I'm average at the game but lately everything goes against me, every game and I seem to match up to a lot of people that feel way better than me...

Theres plenty of educational material on YouTube to get better at FIFA. You have a long way to go before you can blame anyone but yourself for your losses.
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero

Because your are straight up lying.

You sir are pulling stuff out of your ****. I am not lying. Give me your email and I will mail you the proof. But I don't know how to URL a picture.
  • madwullie
    4357 posts National Call-Up
    I think he was joking. I hope he was joking 🤞
  • SPN1987
    edited May 12

Theres plenty of educational material on YouTube to get better at FIFA. You have a long way to go before you can blame anyone but yourself for your losses.

What planet are you from????? Please keep telling yourself this game has a decent skill gap...... R??ard :s
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero

i was division 5 about two weeks ago. I know to get better you need to drop back and put defender depth at 1 and only control your cdm or striker even and let the AI defend. I know about the small pool of players you need to use to get wins. I just don't want to play like that! That's why i was very average before. But I used to win quite a few games in my div also. But lately its very very much downhill... I don't need to watch some youtuber explaining the meta to me. I want to play football, not the meta thing EA pretends to be football.
  • Gnomenclature
    3155 posts National Call-Up

Because your are straight up lying. Just stop overexaggerating. :(

I kind of believe him. A few weeks ago I went from 1300 rating to 600... nothing went in. Nothing. I'm back to 1200 now, but that was the worst week I have ever had.
  • SPN1987

You sir are pulling stuff out of your ****. I am not lying. Give me your email and I will mail you the proof. But I don't know how to URL a picture.

Click on image symbol above, copy-paste and done.....
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 12

What planet are you from????? Please keep telling yourself this game a decent skill gap...... R??ard :s

I wrote out a reply, but then deleted it. You're not worth it :D
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero

Click on image symbol above, copy-paste and done.....

It's on my phone or laptop. It does not have a URL
  • Numlocked_
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero

What planet are you from????? Please keep telling yourself this game a decent skill gap...... R??ard :s

I wrote out a reply, but then deleted it. You're not worth it :D

He might be putting it a little harshly but in fact he is kinda right. This game is total RNG! Watch a few youtubers who actually know something about the game. Italianstallion, Inception, Nelly,...
  • madwullie
    4357 posts National Call-Up

i was division 5 about two weeks ago. I know to get better you need to drop back and put defender depth at 1 and only control your cdm or striker even and let the AI defend. I know about the small pool of players you need to use to get wins. I just don't want to play like that! That's why i was very average before. But I used to win quite a few games in my div also. But lately its very very much downhill... I don't need to watch some youtuber explaining the meta to me. I want to play football, not the meta thing EA pretends to be football.

Play 433(5) mate. It's the only way