Save the Crew! - Chester Lee "Respect"|The End?

Comments

• ElMarcos
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    LA Galaxy 2 - 2 LAFC

NYCFC 0 - 1 Columbus
  • LAboog4
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LA Galaxy 2 - 2 LAFC

NYCFC 0 - 2 Columbus
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks @WestardLord , @Ashy , @Stlducks , @ElMarcos , @LAboog4 for getting your predictions in.
    Waiting for @DonGabriel and @subpop . I know it was tough week in Champions League for a few of you, hopefully you have sobered up by now. :) It's not the same thing, but being a Lakers fan and watching a great franchise fall into the hell hole that it is in now can be life deaffirming. I can only hope the Galaxy make the playoffs this year.
  • Wyojasond
    11570 posts Has That Special Something
    Catching up on everyone’s stories. Always very impressed with the depth you add. Your story always makes me slightly interested in checking out the MLS more. Maybe I just need them to put a team in Vegas 😂
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    LA Galaxy 1 vs 2 LAFC
    NY City FC 1 vs 2 Columbus Crew SC

• Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Catching up on everyone’s stories. Always very impressed with the depth you add. Your story always makes me slightly interested in checking out the MLS more. Maybe I just need them to put a team in Vegas 😂

MLS has formal plans to increase to 30 teams, although I'm not sure Vegas is in the running; Phoenix might be. Didier Drogba is part of the ownership of Phoenix Rising (USL). I've been watching MLS for a while now, and it gets better every year. I also have seen what having a domestic league has done for youth development. MLS in FIFA leaves a lot to be desired, though.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    tHX8Rkq.png

Playoff Conference Final Leg 1 - New York City FC vs Columbus Crew SC

Match Report:
    l0g0l00.png

bQplKpM.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    This time lucky wasn't on your side. Despite the disadvantage, Chester Lee can bring out the best in his players, there's nothing won.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    This time lucky wasn't on your side. Despite the disadvantage, Chester Lee can bring out the best in his players, there's nothing won.
    Getting the first goal in leg 2 will be important. Team has to be more clinical in front of goal.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    ZThpXu4.png

vr9I3AC.png
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    1XzP36f.png
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    MkvURNt.png
    These matches can end in a draw if away goals or aggregate score dictate a winner, otherwise will go to PENALTIES if necessary. As a reminder, the aggregate score is NOT a factor in the contest, just the results of the match itself. Teams on the left have home field advantage.

rlFKTDF.png
    Previous score: LA Galaxy 1-3 LAFC

Team Stats:
    rI4e9ZH.png
    Aq0oOeb.png

zc96PJd.png
    NOTE: I will be playing this match as Columbus Crew SC.
    Previous score: NYCFC 1-0 Columbus Crew SC

Team Stats:
    PIugNEN.png
    1fOJT7G.png
  • ElMarcos
    LAFC 2 - 1 LA Galaxy
    Columbus Cew 2 - 1 NYFC

@Virtual_K if the aggregate score is a draw, but one has more away goals than the other, the match will go to overtime and penalties, right? At least that’s My experience in FIFA 19
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    @Virtual_K if the aggregate score is a draw, but one has more away goals than the other, the match will go to overtime and penalties, right? At least that’s My experience in FIFA 19
    Away goals should matter, but whether FIFA19 properly handles that is a question. I have already found (and reported) a bug in the way FIFA handles playoff seeding. Truth is, I won't know until it happens.

• Ashy
    9732 posts League Winner
    LAFC 2 - 1 LA Galaxy
    Columbus Crew 2 - 0 NYFC

Unlucky with the first leg result, believe you can turn it around with the home advantage
  • LAboog4
    LAFC 4 - 1 LA Galaxy
    Columbus Crew 1 - 2 NYFC

Sorry but I think this might be the end...
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    A tough decision...
    LAFC 2 vs 0 LA Galaxy
    Columbus Crew SC 1 vs 2 NY City FC
  • WestardLord
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    ehhh, I have more faith

LAFC 2 - 1 LA Galaxy
    Columbus Crew 2 - 0 NYCFC
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 17
    0TA6ZnT.png

Playoff Conference Final Leg 2 - Columbus Crew SC vs New York City FC

Match Report:
    UqAMWhh.png
    NLPZX2J.png

aUpO9FO.png
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • ElMarcos
    Tough to go out like this.
  • LAboog4
    Tough to go out on penalties but the team had a great season. Will you be continuing another year?
  • LAboog4
    Tough to go out on penalties but the team had a great season. Will you be continuing another year?
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Tough to go out like this.
    Couldn't score more than 1 goal in a match during the playoffs. NYCFC played tough, and they had their moments when pressing high worked against us. I thought our patience would pay off.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I never seem to make it past a season, but there are some things about this one that makes me want to continue. A lot of players have/had expiring contracts, many of which Chester still has to deal with. In real life, Columbus was bought by billionaire Haslem from Precourt, so here is a chance in the game to have a buyout that matches real life. It's not a certainty that Chester Lee won't get fired because he didn't meet all the objectives. I'll see how things go.
    Is there an echo? :o
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    XdkEGjY.png

PdI5ieQ.png
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    dhGWZmE.png

ZlKI7QN.png
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    fKdGJTp.png
    The final is a single match hosted by the team with the best league record; LAFC in this case. The match will go to penalties if tied after regulation and overtime.

tXMdfjn.png

Team Stats:
    uQbDhvn.png
    Jn6vdU1.png
  • LAboog4
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Is there an echo? :o

Just wanted to make sure you heard me. 😉

I think LAFC will win this one 3-1.
  • Ashy
    9732 posts League Winner
    Unlucky to go out like that, penalties are an awful way to go out, as for the final prediction

LAFC 1-0 NYCFC
  • WestardLord
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ouch

Vela out though? Not so sure about LAFC's chances any more.

LAFC 1 - 2 NYCFC
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks @LAboog4 , @Ashy , @WestardLord for getting your predictions in. Waiting for @DonGabriel & @ElMarcos to make their last prediction. I think if I were to do this again, I would add the aggregate score prediction as well to make it more interesting. The joke is on me, however, as MLS has changed to a single elimination playoff (which requires an overhaul of my spreadsheet). Will probably skip FIFA20 unless they improve Career Mode a bit--too many errors and omissions in MLS career. US Open cup needs to be expanded, need CONCACAF Champions League (at quarter finals at least, they have Asia for crying out loud!), and US/CAN/MEX international need at least the HEX stage for WC qualification.

Still have lots to do, so don't go anywhere. ;)