Southampton 2019/20 season | “Marching on” | September results

Wyojasond
11147 posts Has That Special Something
edited May 14
I really liked Ashys take on the Man United story with starting it for the 19/20 season, so thought I would do one with a team from the other end of the table. Always wanted to do a Southampton story so seemed fitting to do it now. Enjoy 😎

XmmpQDx.jpg
Post edited by Wyojasond on

Comments

• Wyojasond
    Kn08Gzb.png
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Good luck, I always enjoy your careers. I had Che Adams at a QPR career last year, very underrated player. Jarrod Brown is being mentioned a lot as a PL talent, getting him before the big clubs do.
  • Wyojasond
    q763xsR.png
  • Wyojasond
    YPcGZmM.png
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Southampton are a team that seem to have lost their way in recent seasons. We'll see what kind of difference Ralph's Rebuild can make. Graphics look clean and sharp.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Good luck, I always enjoy your careers. I had Che Adams at a QPR career last year, very underrated player. Jarrod Brown is being mentioned a lot as a PL talent, getting him before the big clubs do.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Southampton are a team that seem to have lost their way in recent seasons. We'll see what kind of difference Ralph's Rebuild can make. Graphics look clean and sharp.

Thanks guys. Excited to see how this plays out. Haven’t played fifa in a few months so should be interesting to see how it goes 😂
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    I did a Southampton career in FIFA13, Lallana got 90 rating, one of the most enjoyable I've ever played.
    Excited to see how you're gonna do. Good luck!
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like Southampton so I'm excited to follow this one. Will you be doing the Southampton way of developing and selling talent?
  • Wyojasond
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    I did a Southampton career in FIFA13, Lallana got 90 rating, one of the most enjoyable I've ever played.
    Excited to see how you're gonna do. Good luck!
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I like Southampton so I'm excited to follow this one. Will you be doing the Southampton way of developing and selling talent?

Thanks guys. Really enjoying it so faso hopefully I can keep up with it for awhile.

Yeah Laboog the plan for Hasenhuttl is to get back to the old ways. Getting the youth system up and running will be important. There are some good young talents already and the 4 players we’ve signed so far are 23,23,22, and 20. Gives a good idea of what he has planned.
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    Hey welcome back good luck with the story

Adams is exactly the type of signings the Saints would make, look at English talent in the lower leagues and improve them on the pitch and potentially make profit on them in the future.

Stark replacing Hoedt is a good change, I've heard Stark is a decent player in the Bundesliga and he comes in at a decent fee and cheap wage, don't know much about Til from AZ though
  • Wyojasond
    bJ71UXr.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    kDlyXR5.jpg

gIU8G9G.png
  • LAboog4
    What a start and not in a good way. A Stark leading the line is always a good idea.

• Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Could have asked for a better start but still plenty of time to climb into the top 8.

Sad to see Charlie Austin go. He was always full of surprises good and bad.

League is pretty much over, nobody will catch Spurs at this point.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    The team is conceding too many goals... the roaster isn't bad, I hope you can turn the things before it's too late.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ralph's got problems in his back line, it would seem. Too early to panic. Getting out of the relegation zone should be a priority now that Southampton is out of the league cup.
  • Wyojasond
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    What a start and not in a good way. A Stark leading the line is always a good idea.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Could have asked for a better start but still plenty of time to climb into the top 8.

Sad to see Charlie Austin go. He was always full of surprises good and bad.

League is pretty much over, nobody will catch Spurs at this point.
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    The team is conceding too many goals... the roaster isn't bad, I hope you can turn the things before it's too late.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Ralph's got problems in his back line, it would seem. Too early to panic. Getting out of the relegation zone should be a priority now that Southampton is out of the league cup.

Yeah three months away from the game have evidently shown early on. Team is just constantly getting beat on the counter. Ralph May have to ditch his high line approach.
  • Wyojasond
    j2nqI6s.png
  • Wyojasond
    vYYIkxY.png
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    Not a good start at all but looks like you turned it around in September. Good to see the manager not be stubborn and change it up. Still a long way to go though
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Gradually the results are coming. Both midfielders look promising in their new roles, they can become key players and need to be very consistent. The season is long and exhausted.
  • LAboog4
    Results are improving. Did you let Liverpool win? 😉

Good on the manager to change tactics after a month to fit his players instead of being stubborn. I hope Adams continues to play well, I think he can be a better Shane Long.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Southampton is about where you would expect it to be nowadays, same with Manchester United. :D I'm guessing emphasis will be on the league and/or FA Cup, or is Ralph aspiring to be in the top 6 or 7?
  • WelshWizard
    731 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great recovery in September. Love the transfers,they seem like a good fit for Hasenhuttl plan.