Bronze Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *FINAL draft/Flint update*

Comments

  • TheWiseWizard
    811 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do Al Sahbi or Adnan Falaatah of the Saudi league have any chance?
  • Enguin
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    Lurtex wrote: »
    Arent there anyone from outside the european leagues that can take either the extra Irish league or Turkish league spot?

    That would mean either another K-League/A-League player or someone from the MLS. Forcing someone out for a less deserving candidate in the name of diversity would defeat the point.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Do Al Sahbi or Adnan Falaatah of the Saudi league have any chance?
    Al Sahbi not eligible because of Al Soma. Falatah hasn't been crazy good this year tbh
  • AndySav92
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    Draft looks great @simsieg. Just seems to be missing Bellerin. :joy:
  • Bellerin should be in it
  • OWTB92
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    why is hourihane still in this team? Barnsley haven't won in 5
  • Enguin
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    DanTFC wrote: »
    Enguin wrote: »
    DanTFC wrote: »
    Enguin wrote: »
    DanTFC wrote: »
    Enguin wrote: »
    DanTFC wrote: »
    Has anyone even backed up Towell and Dennehy or are they in just for the stats? Dont see any other leagues having 2 players

    Towell - In the Airtricity TOTY, lead his team to the title who also had both the best defensive and offensive record in the league, 7th top scorer from CM, played 90 minutes of 32 out of the 33 league games, and a goal contribution rate of just over 1 every 2 games.

    Dennehy - Highest contribution per game ratio of any listed midfielder, that's basically enough.

    He plays in a poor league, with a team that finished 2nd in a league, hes one of the highest rated players in the league. The stats he has is probably what is expected of him. Irish league should not have any more than 1 player on the team.

    Dundalk finished 2nd did they? Pal you better go tell the league officials, you're the only one who knows.

    Cork City FC (Dennehy)

    And what is your point? Are good players from good teams not allowed?
    nothing to do with this, im comparing Dennehy with Finley who has slighly highest goal contribution ratio by few minutes, and he also is as much deserved to be in. But there already is 2 irish league players, so why not add a different league in

    Because Dennehy has better stats than the likes of Hvilsom and so why not be lobbying to replace him with Finley? Just because there are 2 players from the same league it doesn't mean they're simply waiting to be ousted when someone with lesser stats comes along from a different league.

  • Lurtex
    549 posts Sunday League Hero
    Aguilar? The Colombian?
    I havent looked very closely at the contesters but it seems very Europe based. Aguilar is the only South American I could spot, he seems pretty strong too.

    I get your point @Enguin and I agree. Im just curious about the options outside Europe.
  • Gyan_33
    30446 posts National Team Captain
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    sned777 wrote: »
    I think of Finlay replaces anyone it will be Hvilsom maybe.

    tbf Finlay has 6 more assists than him
    He's had more games though.

    True, but in the 9 more games that he played getting 6 assists is pretty sick.
  • DanTFC
    1359 posts Professional
    Well do whatever you want. Im not wasting my time here anymore, gonna be exactly the same as last year
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    sned777 wrote: »
    I think of Finlay replaces anyone it will be Hvilsom maybe.

    tbf Finlay has 6 more assists than him
    He's had more games though.

    True, but in the 9 more games that he played getting 6 assists is pretty sick.
    Just looking at stats Hvilsom's contribution is better.
  • Gyan_33
    30446 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2015
    Also, Finlay might have played more matches, but he only played 103 minutes more than Hvilsom, so it's not that big of a difference.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Enguin wrote: »
    Lurtex wrote: »
    Arent there anyone from outside the european leagues that can take either the extra Irish league or Turkish league spot?

    That would mean either another K-League/A-League player or someone from the MLS. Forcing someone out for a less deserving candidate in the name of diversity would defeat the point.
    I absolutely disagree with that. Part of the point of a "community" selection is the diversity aspect.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Also, Finlay might have played more matches, but he only played 103 minutes more than Hvilsom, so it's not that big of a difference.
    That's because he was on the bench for the first 10 games.

  • Notts
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    As annoyed as I am that Aaron is getting two TOTS in two seasons, even I have noticed how well Mings has done this season so fair enough.

  • Gyan_33
    30446 posts National Team Captain
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    sned777 wrote: »
    I think of Finlay replaces anyone it will be Hvilsom maybe.

    tbf Finlay has 6 more assists than him
    He's had more games though.

    True, but in the 9 more games that he played getting 6 assists is pretty sick.
    Just looking at stats Hvilsom's contribution is better.

    Hvilsom only scores 0.02 higher on the goals contributed per game stat and Finlay scores way higher on the minutes per contribution stat (113 compared to Hvilsom's 146)
  • Karlos
    24314 posts Club Captain
    Wonder if Simon is bored of the Bellerin bantz yet.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Jesus christ, we have 18 leagues in this draft at the moment. This team may also be about diversity but consistency is the main thing.

    If we had really bad diversity I would get your point but we definitely haven't.
  • Enguin
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Enguin wrote: »
    Lurtex wrote: »
    Arent there anyone from outside the european leagues that can take either the extra Irish league or Turkish league spot?

    That would mean either another K-League/A-League player or someone from the MLS. Forcing someone out for a less deserving candidate in the name of diversity would defeat the point.
    I absolutely disagree with that. Part of the point of a "community" selection is the diversity aspect.


    18 leagues represented in 23 spaces is diverse. Ye seem to want to just jam in another for the sake of it.
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20022 posts Club Captain
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    simsieg wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    sned777 wrote: »
    I think of Finlay replaces anyone it will be Hvilsom maybe.

    tbf Finlay has 6 more assists than him
    He's had more games though.

    True, but in the 9 more games that he played getting 6 assists is pretty sick.
    Just looking at stats Hvilsom's contribution is better.

    Hvilsom only scores 0.02 higher on the goals contributed per game stat and Finlay scores way higher on the minutes per contribution stat (113 compared to Hvilsom's 146)
    Hvilsom have scored almost 50% of his teams goals though :smirk:
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    the team looks good in sure it's far more diverse than the gold and Silver ones
  • WFCBagnall
    71185 posts Moderator
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    the team looks good in sure it's far more diverse than the gold and Silver ones

  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Chill Sim. It is not as diverse as you would like to believe. Fact is, 2 from the Irish League is too much. Also fact is 7 from the UK leagues is also one too much. I do not blame people trying to change this.
  • Bland Poobah
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    OWTB92 wrote: »
    why is hourihane still in this team? Barnsley haven't won in 5
    He's still playing well though, getting assist in his last game. Don't think he should suffer because the rest of his teams crap.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    You weren't complaining when I had Gajos and Kedziora in the last draft.
  • Gyan_33
    30446 posts National Team Captain
    Only change I would make is putting Finlay in for either one of the UK options or Hvilsom.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    the team looks good in sure it's far more diverse than the gold and Silver ones

    I absolutely disagree. Silver is most diverse by far. One from each league and 6 UK, 2 DE, 2 FR, 2 SP, 2 IT.

  • Enguin
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Chill Sim. It is not as diverse as you would like to believe. Fact is, 2 from the Irish League is too much. Also fact is 7 from the UK leagues is also one too much. I do not blame people trying to change this.

    Fact is, hose statements of opinion do not become fact because of you word them.
  • WFCBagnall
    71185 posts Moderator
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Chill Sim. It is not as diverse as you would like to believe. Fact is, 2 from the Irish League is too much. Also fact is 7 from the UK leagues is also one too much. I do not blame people trying to change this.

    Does it matter, where does it say Maximum of 6 for UK...Nowhere
  • Gyan_33
    30446 posts National Team Captain
    Well actually, why has Hadzic not been questioned yet? Looks worse compared to Finlay if you ask me with 5 goals and 1 assiss less.
Sign In or Register to comment.