Anyone hitting the post more since the latest patch?

MHoney1234
8435 posts League Winner
Never been one for a conspiracy, but since the last patch I’ve been hitting the post 3/4 times per game.

I’m not talking long range, I’m talking in the box, clear chances and hitting post. It’s so annoying. Finally break down the OP AI animals then R9, PIM Best or PIM ADP all with 95+ finishing hit the post from 10 yards.

Been happening in rivals too. Has something changed? Anyone else?

Comments

• Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 3
    Same here .... htting post in front of the goal keeper and even with headers .. btw . Having clear open chances in the box . Just tapping the shooting button and player kiking the ball over the top post .. seriously . 🤦‍♂️It feels like the game dont want you to score
  • Recoba
    4149 posts National Call-Up
    I noticed the games I hit the post 4 or 5 times are the games I lose.
  • MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    Insan0 wrote: »
    Same here .... htting post in front of the goal keeper and even with headers .. btw . Having clear open chances in the box . Just tapping the shooting button and player kiking the ball over the top post .. seriously . 🤦‍♂️It feels like the game dont want you to score

This is what I’m saying. Not the long range hit and hopes, the clear cut, open chances are a coin toss. I haven’t really hit the post all year, but the last few days it’s every clear chance. It’s annoying as hell
  • Liamooo
    1066 posts Professional
    Recoba wrote: »

This
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 3
    My UEL Falcao woth Finisher (99 shooting in every stat) became a world champion at hotting the post approx 3 patches (1 month) ago...

He was at 60 games and about 100+ goals in WL a month ago. Now I have a 1:1 ratio with him hittong the post about 3-5 times a game instead of scoring 3-5..
  • MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    bberger wrote: »
    My UEL Falcao woth Finisher (99 shooting in every stat) became a world champion at hotting the post approx 3 patches (1 month) ago...

He was at 60 games and about 100+ goals in WL a month ago. Now I have a 1:1 ratio with him hittong the post about 3-5 times a game instead of scoring 3-5..

Somethings not right
  • Nodge86
    1304 posts Professional
    Different patch, same post. It’s the same as always which admittedly is far too often.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9800 posts League Winner
    I’ve been hitting the post an unnatural amount of times since Fifa 13 tbh...
  • Jeremy295
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4 times each in my first 4 WL games..I thought it was just me!
  • Berlus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bad Servers are responsible for most gameplay problems...
  • MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Different patch, same post. It’s the same as always which admittedly is far too often.

I thought this dude, but it’s far more than I usually do. Especially in tight games.
    Jeremy295 wrote: »
    4 times each in my first 4 WL games..I thought it was just me!

Another 3 in the next game.
  • Jeremy295
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Berlus wrote: »
    Bad Servers are responsible for most gameplay problems...

I agree, not sure that the patch had anything to do with it, probably just a coincidence but it was definitely something I've noticed. Even goals are going bar and in...
  • MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    edited May 3
    Very strange. Hitting the post bores me to tears
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf.. after complaining here 2 hours ago my Falcao started to hit the net again instead of the post.. in fact none of my players have hit the post lol
  • D0lvl
    1822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Doesn't feel any different with this patch.
  • Renamed12345678
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recoba wrote: »
    Maybe you should ask those at ea sport what they do. I personally think it is all a fraud. Fifa and ea sport both
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Tbf.. after complaining here 2 hours ago my Falcao started to hit the net again instead of the post.. in fact none of my players have hit the post lol

It's almost as if nothing was changed in the patch in regards to shooting ;)
  • MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    edited May 3
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Explain this then? This wasn’t happening before. Wonder block by the AI, the 96 Finishing Best missing from 5 yards.

Clearly see less than a bar of power, so why does he smash it against the bar?

Gullit clean through. Aimed in the corner

Something has defo been tweaked. The shooting on this game is a mess.
  • CharlieC
    6938 posts Big Money Move

Andy is right, its nothing to do with the patch because the game is broken beyond redemption.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 3
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Explain this then? This wasn’t happening before. Wonder block by the AI, the 96 Finishing Best missing from 5 yards.

You are taking a couple of examples and assuming something massive has changed, the sample size here is very small. I can't explain why that particular event happened, would need to be someone with more insight from the gameplay team with exact knowledge of how all the mechanics work.

Again though, gameplay changes are listed in patch notes, otherwise they haven't been changed.
  • Saekerhett
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have it too, and all my WL opponents also. Every game I hit 2, 3 times the post or bar, same as my opponents.
  • CharlieC
    6938 posts Big Money Move
    Again Andy is spot
    Saekerhett wrote: »
    I have it too, and all my WL opponents also. Every game I hit 2, 3 times the post or bar, same as my opponents.

Been like this all year though?
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    Probably should factor in that Best hit it whilst leaning further back than a limbo dancer.
  • CarlosJr9
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes, I’ve just lost 2 weekend league games in a row I was dominating both games and hit the post 4 times in each game.
  • MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

You are taking a couple of examples and assuming something massive has changed, the sample size here is very small. I can't explain why that particular event happened, would need to be someone with more insight from the gameplay team with exact knowledge of how all the mechanics work.

Again though, gameplay changes are listed in patch notes, otherwise they haven't been changed.

No offence but this game is broken. Even your devs have given up it’s so bad.

Here’s my last video, not hitting the post related, but the worst goal I’ve conceded. A disgrace.

This was in the 90th min. I won in ET, but EA don’t even know the rules, what chance do we have of getting a decent football game?

• MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    Probably should factor in that Best hit it whilst leaning further back than a limbo dancer.

Yeh that must be the reason :D