24504 posts Player of the Year
    Vieiraaaa
  • truegunn3r
    8564 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    PIM Cruyff. Still got 87, 88, 88 and 89 to do. Fingers crossed

Not much then mate :D
    I know it’s still alot. Hoping for a couple of special players from FUT Swaps and weekly objectives and obviously TOTS will make it much easier to complete. Also have just under a million coins available. On top of that I will spend quite abit on FP during TOTS promo. To be honest, I can complete it if I commit but I am taking it easy week after week with my rewards.
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    freakjas wrote: »
    Roberto carlos.

Sorry for your loss.

Have you used him?
    He’s a quality player, gets massively overlooked imo purely because he doesn’t fit the meta of defending back post headers.

And while not always factual it’s pretty obvious why people call them Baby icons

Fun card not doubt, but terrible at LB against anyone half decent. I was getting peppered. I loved him as a player but gets murdered. Lobbed balls for the counter and back post headers are too OP this year. Like playing with 10 men. I ended up putting Carniball mendy back and bringing RC on at CDM. He was felt like TOTY Kante, enjoyed smashing his long shots until he went into R9.

There not baby icons though, there base icons. It’s like people calling the premier league BPL.

RE. Icons I agree but it’s a phrase that was popular early on so it’s stuck, it’s texhnically wrong sometimes but does it really matter?

RE. Carlos I honestly couldn’t disagree more! Had him for about 100 gamesincluding two weekend leagues(Elite 3 so not phenomenal but not bad) and division 1 games, and honestly he’s been great defensively, chips in on occasion with goals mainly from set pieces(has had a knack of wining corner header too weirdly) but he’s been solid defensively, I do have him to stay back but he’s absolutely Rapid and strong, great player so far for me tbh.

Back post headers I don’t suffer from I think it’s due to me playing a high line so there ends up being space in the middle of my defense anyway, so it just rarely ends up with people getting into crossing situations

• Hamzy_LFC
    1973 posts Fans' Favourite
    PIM Cannavaro and I’m having so much fun! Haven’t played WL for weeks aswel which makes even more fun and less stress.
  • ImAtrocious
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks like some good variety of players added into everyone's clubs...nice to see that something EA did worked out in a positive way for a change.
  • FinEverton
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gerrard to Ronaldo
  • nitraw
    2064 posts Fans' Favourite
    waiting to turn my mid baggio into someone but i dont want use my coins that i'm sitting on before tots.

so im gonna wait and see if its worth using him for something else. he plays as a lcam in a 4222 for me and he's been very very good.
  • MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    Roberto carlos.

Sorry for your loss.

Have you used him?
    He’s a quality player, gets massively overlooked imo purely because he doesn’t fit the meta of defending back post headers.

And while not always factual it’s pretty obvious why people call them Baby icons

Fun card not doubt, but terrible at LB against anyone half decent. I was getting peppered. I loved him as a player but gets murdered. Lobbed balls for the counter and back post headers are too OP this year. Like playing with 10 men. I ended up putting Carniball mendy back and bringing RC on at CDM. He was felt like TOTY Kante, enjoyed smashing his long shots until he went into R9.

There not baby icons though, there base icons. It’s like people calling the premier league BPL.

RE. Icons I agree but it’s a phrase that was popular early on so it’s stuck, it’s texhnically wrong sometimes but does it really matter?

RE. Carlos I honestly couldn’t disagree more! Had him for about 100 gamesincluding two weekend leagues(Elite 3 so not phenomenal but not bad) and division 1 games, and honestly he’s been great defensively, chips in on occasion with goals mainly from set pieces(has had a knack of wining corner header too weirdly) but he’s been solid defensively, I do have him to stay back but he’s absolutely Rapid and strong, great player so far for me tbh.

Back post headers I don’t suffer from I think it’s due to me playing a high line so there ends up being space in the middle of my defense anyway, so it just rarely ends up with people getting into crossing situations

If he works for you then cool, I’m all for it. Best to enjoy the players that suit you. I liked him, but after the 200th El Tornado I conceded it was time to bomb him out . Mendy never gets beat, he’s a boss. I am playing above 2400 skill points and defending 37 El Tornados a game though.
  • El_Nino
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Roberto carlos.

Sorry for your loss.

Have you used him?

If he works for you then cool, I’m all for it. Best to enjoy the players that suit you. I liked him, but after the 200th El Tornado I conceded it was time to bomb him out . Mendy never gets beat, he’s a boss. I am playing above 2400 skill points and defending 37 El Tornados a game though.
    Maybe it’s my aggressive play style that makes for less El Tornados against me or maybe it’s the fact I’m more around 2200-2300 skill points but he does a fantastic job for me tbf!
  • MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    Roberto carlos.

Sorry for your loss.

Have you used him?

Maybe it’s my aggressive play style that makes for less El Tornados against me or maybe it’s the fact I’m more around 2200-2300 skill points but he does a fantastic job for me tbf!

Thats the main thing. Game is broken AF, so use players you enjoy and do the job for you.
  • golazo
    1238 posts Play-Off Hero
    Was going into prime Eusebio sbc. Got swaps Eusebio so Ther went the sbc Eusebio. Did vieira with what I had saved up for Eusebio. Worked out better than expected.
  • oneskyworld
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    I want to use my shearer into Roberto Carlos as well, cause I don't have a good LB option right now. And last year, he was superb and fun for me.
  • Jonboyparker
    4970 posts Big Money Move
    He will become Prime Gullit very shortly
  • ImAtrocious
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    I want to use my shearer into Roberto Carlos as well, cause I don't have a good LB option right now. And last year, he was superb and fun for me.

I like the Carlos option, but I'm waiting to see what comes out of TOTS first. I'll probably go for the base icon pack again, and will do one more PIM SBC. Most likely I'll stick to the cheaper ones, maybe stretching to Figo or just doing or Gerrard, or Blanc if I go cheaper.
  • oneskyworld
    797 posts Semi-Pro

I like the Carlos option, but I'm waiting to see what comes out of TOTS first. I'll probably go for the base icon pack again, and will do one more PIM SBC. Most likely I'll stick to the cheaper ones, maybe stretching to Figo or just doing or Gerrard, or Blanc if I go cheaper.

I think that's a good plan, I'll wait for the TOTS as well. hopefully can do a PIM SBC for a little over 1M.