Work rates

Vix14
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited May 2
How do they work? It's a stupid question I guess
Why do they matter much ?
Cause I've never checked the work rates before buying a player or completing an SBC so how are they relevant?

Comments

• Vix14 wrote: »
    It's a stupid question I guess

• Vix14
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks @BigGuyStan
  • thackattack
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Are there many players with low/low out there, dont think ive seen that before.
  • Grifan
    1230 posts Professional
    Pirlo and balotelli had it last year not sure this year tho
  • Delboy13710
    4812 posts National Call-Up
    I thought base Viera would be wasted with M/M but he does as hes told . Never seen him get forward but hes always there defensively think instructions are more important then workmates this year .
  • joehuk
    3337 posts National Call-Up
    M/M is not useless it's probably one of my fave for CAM position due to always hovering in vital areas.

H/M cam can be forward to much tends to mingle with strikers to much, H/H cam can be to defensive.

So for me M/M central CAM is perfect.

• thackattack
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sometimes its better for them to have lower defensive work rates if you dont want them to care about that part of the game as they just get too knackered by 60mins and need to come off.
  • JWNYsg
    793 posts Semi-Pro
    i am just wondering the impact for GKs
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    M/M is great for F9. He’s always where you expect him to be
  • Ybiza
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    It really depends on your playstyle. For example I hate using low/high defenders, cuz they stay too deep.

I actually prefer medium/medium and medium/high pair of center backs.

Interesting thing is that some players like pogba or Marcelo have high/low but play more like high/medium.

• Dro_bro
    35 posts Park Captain
    edited May 24
    I have an alderweireld (had to quadruple check that for spelling😂) m\m. I’m right under d1 1790 pts approx. would anyone consider that useless? I am planning on upgrading to the carnibal version. (Have to keep TA and JV at CB bc courtois is my keeper with a premier league squad) but in the division I’m currently in the teams with icons up front seem to be able to breeze past them. 🤔🤔
  • Johnnydp
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    BigGuyStan wrote: »
    High/High = box to box

High/Medium = they make more offensive runs than defensive runs

High/Low = no defensive runs at all (this works excellent and is preferred for strikers)

Medium/Medium = useless workrate - players just stick with one position on the pitch and stay there (unless it's R9 I suppose)

Medium/High = stay back most of the time

Medium/Low = will stay more offensive than defensive but not the ideal workrate for any other position than CM

Low/High = no offensive runs at all (unless you use the L1 + X of course)

Low/Medium = will only make offensive runs when L1 + X is used)

Low/Low = same as M/M just worse

do the work rates affect by instruction? as i notice than marcleo(H/L) really stays back when i instruct him to stay back while attack.
  • Markman007
    2731 posts Fans' Favourite
    Grifan wrote: »
    Pirlo and balotelli had it last year not sure this year tho

Balotelli has M/L now. I don’t recall seeing any L/L this year though. But yeah EoE Pirlo last year didn’t run around much but he could launch some great passes.
  • Markman007
    2731 posts Fans' Favourite
    Johnnydp wrote: »
    High/High = box to box

High/Low = no defensive runs at all (this works excellent and is preferred for strikers)

Medium/Medium = useless workrate - players just stick with one position on the pitch and stay there (unless it's R9 I suppose)

Medium/Low = will stay more offensive than defensive but not the ideal workrate for any other position than CM

do the work rates affect by instruction? as i notice than marcleo(H/L) really stays back when i instruct him to stay back while attack.

It will affect how attacking or defensive oriented they’ll be wherever they are on the pitch. So H/L on stay back won’t stray forward as much, but he still won’t be as aggressively defensive as a player with high defensive work rates.
  • Johnnydp
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Johnnydp wrote: »
    High/High = box to box

It will affect how attacking or defensive oriented they’ll be wherever they are on the pitch. So H/L on stay back won’t stray forward as much, but he still won’t be as aggressively defensive as a player with high defensive work rates.

thanks mate
  • Renamed123456
    4583 posts Big Money Move
    Work rates seem to often not mean much.

I have Marcelo High attack Low def on join attack and he's always back defending.

I have Fabinho who I believe is med/med have him on stay back and he's always flying forward.

Myths