Seandimes' 442(2) guide

Comments

• EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nivaze wrote: »
    So I’ve realized playing with CDMs on balanced is fun when attacking but against good opponents in D1 and WL I absolutely get torn apart.

Back to CDMs on stay back it is, Florenzi still pushes up but stays on the egde on the box rather than running into the box.

I've been experimenting with this too but came to the same conclusion. I've finally had the nerve to move full-backs onto balanced and enjoying the overlapping but with the CDMs on balanced as well I just felt totally exposed all the time.
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    So I’ve realized playing with CDMs on balanced is fun when attacking but against good opponents in D1 and WL I absolutely get torn apart.

Back to CDMs on stay back it is, Florenzi still pushes up but stays on the egde on the box rather than running into the box.

I've been experimenting with this too but came to the same conclusion. I've finally had the nerve to move full-backs onto balanced and enjoying the overlapping but with the CDMs on balanced as well I just felt totally exposed all the time.

It sucks being a horrible defender, I guess I can use every bit of defensive help I can get.

I also really can’t use drop back as I feel my players are way too passive.
  • LennySUFC
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Who are the best Target Man ST? I have FB Zlatan who is Godly but hard to fit with Chem
  • Nivaze
    LennySUFC wrote: »
    Who are the best Target Man ST? I have FB Zlatan who is Godly but hard to fit with Chem

If you have Zlatan just sub him in 1st minute, he doesn’t really need the chem style bonus anyways.
  • EnzoGambaro

Drop back is like AI defending to me. Just takes more patience than I have. I want to win the ball as far up pitch as possible. I mostly use Pressure On Heavy Touch which gives me a decent balance, but unfortunately have to resort to drop back in bad gameplay as it gets so difficult to make a clean tackle when inputs are delayed.
  • EnzoGambaro
    LennySUFC wrote: »

I'm using Zlatan on 8 chem with an icon and Swedish manager and he's still a beast. To be honest, as long as he has some sort of chemistry at all I think he's probably gonna be better than most other options.
  • Nivaze

Drop back is like AI defending to me. Just takes more patience than I have. I want to win the ball as far up pitch as possible. I mostly use Pressure On Heavy Touch which gives me a decent balance, but unfortunately have to resort to drop back in bad gameplay as it gets so difficult to make a clean tackle when inputs are delayed.

Yeah, I’m way too impatient for that too. I like to defend agressively and win the ball back quickly. I might have to try Pressure on heavy touch again.
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    11 goals in 9 games now for Eusebio, Cruyff not even getting a chance lol.

One or two more wins I'm in Div2 :)
  • Shadows070
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 2019
    These past 3 weeks i have been in div 3 hanging on the edge to get too div 2. Im starting out on 4222 since WL and depending on my aponent i switch if needed to 41212(2), 442(2) or 4231.

Having sold all my expensive tradable players and waiting for TOTS im happy that my team hold ups in div 3 and maybe go to div 2 :D

My current untradable team:
    https://imgur.com/a/PNHiYuc
    My Cams and ST i shuffle around a lot so dont mind that :D

I had Felipe Anderson 88 as L striker and Mbappe as R striker before with Pogba next to Doucoure and it rocked.

I have 1milj. coins, im thinking of getting Felipe 88, Mbappe 89 IF and pogba normal gold again.
    *I would have loved the 90 ST Mbappe card but then i couldnt have Felipe, i would then have to go with Ben Yedder SIF. What do you guys think/recommend?
  • Nivaze
    ASX wrote: »

Nice, I’m happy I did Eusebio instead of Cruyff now. Cruyff is more nostalgic and probably the better dribbler but Eusebio is just power. He can even hold off PIM Maldini!
  • Nivaze
    Shadows070 wrote: »
    These past 3 weeks i have been in div 3 hanging on the edge to get too div 2. Im starting out on 4222 since WL and depending on my aponent i switch if needed to 41212(2), 442(2) or 4231.

Having sold all my expensive tradable players and waiting for TOTS im happy that my team hold ups in div 3 and maybe go to div 2 :D

My current untradable team:
    https://imgur.com/a/PNHiYuc
    My Cams and ST i shuffle around a lot so dont mind that :D

I had Felipe Anderson 88 as L striker and Mbappe as R striker before with Pogba next to Doucoure and it rocked.

I have 1milj. coins, im thinking of getting Felipe 88, Mbappe 89 IF and pogba normal gold again.
    *I would have loved the 90 ST Mbappe card but then i couldnt have Felipe, i would then have to go with Ben Yedder SIF. What do you guys think/recommend?

If you liked Felipe I would go for him again, but SIF WBY and Mbappe together could work very well too.

• ASX

Nice, I’m happy I did Eusebio instead of Cruyff now. Cruyff is more nostalgic and probably the better dribbler but Eusebio is just power. He can even hold off PIM Maldini!

Cruyff definitely more technical but you have to get his dribbling just right or he gets knocked off the ball. Hes deadly finishing though.

Eusebio is strong so you can get away with some errors when dribbling.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    Hey guys, havnt posted for a while and i did not play much other than the last WL where i finished Gold 1 as usual. Finally decided to make use of all my high untradeables i never/rarely use and dumped them all in the ultimate endgame Icon SBC. GULLIT !!!
    It did cost me about 1.5 million in coins and some really high rated untradeable players (Prime Baresi, RTTF Cavani, FB Villa, FB Casillas, IF Godin, Godin, Neuer, TIF Zapata and some 86-88 red player picks)

I am not really sure if its wise to play Prime Gullit as CDM in the 442(2) as his attacking qualities seem wasted there. I think he would suit a CM role in a 442flat way better. I switched to the 442flat quite often in the last WL when i was chasing a game or if i felt comfortable dominating my opponent.

The perfect position for Prime Gullit would be either CM or a CAM in a 443(4) i think. But i never managed to get a 443(4) going, at least not in Division 1 or WL.

The good thing is that i picked up Prime Petit for only 1.3 million two weeks ago (which was 200K below his market value at that time), so i can sell him now without loosing money in a declining market. Or maybe i should pair him with Gullit ?

Which one would you prefer in the CDM/CM spot:

A. Gullit and Petit
    B. Gullit and 90 Pogba
    C. Gullit and SBC Hamsik

The two things i hate about Pogba are his finishing ( i miss so much with him) and his low defensive workrate. Hamsik on the other hand is more solid and well rounded overall, but he lacks the physical presence that Pogba has to offer. Petit is good too, but while he gives me nightmares when i face him, he wasnt that outstanding in my team.

Thoughts?
  • Nivaze
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Hey guys, havnt posted for a while and i did not play much other than the last WL where i finished Gold 1 as usual. Finally decided to make use of all my high untradeables i never/rarely use and dumped them all in the ultimate endgame Icon SBC. GULLIT !!!
    It did cost me about 1.5 million in coins and some really high rated untradeable players (Prime Baresi, RTTF Cavani, FB Villa, FB Casillas, IF Godin, Godin, Neuer, TIF Zapata and some 86-88 red player picks)

I am not really sure if its wise to play Prime Gullit as CDM in the 442(2) as his attacking qualities seem wasted there. I think he would suit a CM role in a 442flat way better. I switched to the 442flat quite often in the last WL when i was chasing a game or if i felt comfortable dominating my opponent.

The perfect position for Prime Gullit would be either CM or a CAM in a 443(4) i think. But i never managed to get a 443(4) going, at least not in Division 1 or WL.

The good thing is that i picked up Prime Petit for only 1.3 million two weeks ago (which was 200K below his market value at that time), so i can sell him now without loosing money in a declining market. Or maybe i should pair him with Gullit ?

A. Gullit and Petit
    B. Gullit and 90 Pogba
    C. Gullit and SBC Hamsik

The two things i hate about Pogba are his finishing ( i miss so much with him) and his low defensive workrate. Hamsik on the other hand is more solid and well rounded overall, but he lacks the physical presence that Pogba has to offer. Petit is good too, but while he gives me nightmares when i face him, he wasnt that outstanding in my team.

Thoughts?

Congrats on Gullit, do you like him?

Anyways I’d say Petit, Petit can be the “destroyer” as he’s everywhere and has a good shot on him and Gullit can be more the playmaker with good defensive stats and a huge presence.

Btw are you still using Sanchez? I’m thinking of getting him with Aurier as their prices dropped now.
  • Nivaze

Cruyff definitely more technical but you have to get his dribbling just right or he gets knocked off the ball. Hes deadly finishing though.

When I played with Cruyff and Eusebio on my friends account with shareplay I noticed Cruyff was easily pushed off the ball. It was super delayed so I couldn’t really pull off too many skillmoves but it was pretty annoying, I think the issue with Cruyff is that he’s pretty tall but weak so gets pushed over easier than the likes of Messi as they’re way smaller ingame.
  • Nivaze
    @ASX Do you use Marksman or Hawk on Eusebio btw? I see everyone use Hawk but I feel Marksman is better as it maxes out his shooting and dribbling and I’m not sure if that 5 pace from Hawk will be such a difference.
  • EisenErmin

A. Gullit and Petit
    B. Gullit and 90 Pogba
    C. Gullit and SBC Hamsik

Thoughts?

Anyways I’d say Petit, Petit can be the “destroyer” as he’s everywhere and has a good shot on him and Gullit can be more the playmaker with good defensive stats and a huge presence.

Btw are you still using Sanchez? I’m thinking of getting him with Aurier as their prices dropped now.

Yea, still using Sanchez. He is great, but i have him untradeable pulled month ago. Right now i would not buy him i think as he will drop even more because of TOTS and because Spurs a likely to loose. Should they go to the final, then he might be worth it. As soon as TOTS is out, he will be replaced by TOTS/TOTY van Dijk most likely.
    Th thing about Petit is, that he will drop too. I allready lost about 2million coins in value from 94 Ronaldo and 94 Ronaldinho sice i bought them.

But looking at my team and my coins its probably best to just keep them and enjoy as i still have around 10million coins to improve my sqad by TOTS. Looking foreward to TOTS CR7 and TOTS van Dijk. Other than that i cannot really improve my team as the huge prize gap between Prime and PIM Ronaldinho is just stupid, given his PIM is only slightly better
  • ASX

When I played with Cruyff and Eusebio on my friends account with shareplay I noticed Cruyff was easily pushed off the ball. It was super delayed so I couldn’t really pull off too many skillmoves but it was pretty annoying, I think the issue with Cruyff is that he’s pretty tall but weak so gets pushed over easier than the likes of Messi as they’re way smaller ingame.

Yep, he's very weak, if you play against someone who is good at defending using strong defenders its easy to stop him. But if you run at defenders with him and use his sweeping fake shot well he will destroy defence. Also he's ridiculously good at finishing, first time power shots or curling shots from the edge of the box will go in the majority of the time...If I was playing against him I'd either barge into a lot or close him down quickly because he'll bury a shot if you give him just a little bit of space.
    @ASX Do you use Marksman or Hawk on Eusebio btw? I see everyone use Hawk but I feel Marksman is better as it maxes out his shooting and dribbling and I’m not sure if that 5 pace from Hawk will be such a difference.

I used Marksman; hes so fast anyway, like you said, I don't think the pace boost off Hawk will be tat noticeable when you can nearly max out shooting/dribbling with Marksman.
  • Nivaze

A. Gullit and Petit
    B. Gullit and 90 Pogba
    C. Gullit and SBC Hamsik

Thoughts?

Yea, still using Sanchez. He is great, but i have him untradeable pulled month ago. Right now i would not buy him i think as he will drop even more because of TOTS and because Spurs a likely to loose. Should they go to the final, then he might be worth it. As soon as TOTS is out, he will be replaced by TOTS/TOTY van Dijk most likely.
    Th thing about Petit is, that he will drop too. I allready lost about 2million coins in value from 94 Ronaldo and 94 Ronaldinho sice i bought them.

But looking at my team and my coins its probably best to just keep them and enjoy as i still have around 10million coins to improve my sqad by TOTS. Looking foreward to TOTS CR7 and TOTS van Dijk. Other than that i cannot really improve my team as the huge prize gap between Prime and PIM Ronaldinho is just stupid, given his PIM is only slightly better

I’m not too worried about prices dropping during TOTS, with DR and WL I’ll get 130k coins a week + 48 players which is like 30k at discard, and if you pack something good that’s even better.

I just really want to replace Varane and Arias for next WL.

I’d say keep the players as 10m is more than enough for TOTS.
  • Kaptentegel
    1208 posts Professional
    Anyone tried de bruyne as cdm? Looking for a partner to fb sms. Have naingolan right now.
  • Nivaze
    You guys have any suggestions on how to finish this? I’ll have about 750k coins tomorrow after rewards, could push to 900k if I rinse my club.

The options I came up with so far are:
    91 VVD - 89 Aurier
    90 Sanchez - 89 Aurier
    85 Rio and either Lala, Cancelo or Aurier

2gy8z28.jpg[IMG][/img]
  • EisenErmin
    Anyone tried de bruyne as cdm? Looking for a partner to fb sms. Have naingolan right now.

The NIF De Bruyne is good, but not great as long as you like an attacking CDM. The TOTY De Bruyne on the other hand is probably the best CDM in this formation thats not middle,prime or PIM Gullit
  • Nivaze
    I’m tempted to do Barzagli then play Florenzi RB again and get Kondogbia back in 🤔
  • ASX
    I’m tempted to do Barzagli then play Florenzi RB again and get Kondogbia back in 🤔

I was tempted but like agile defenders, looks like a decent card though.
  • Nivaze

I was tempted but like agile defenders, looks like a decent card though.

Seems a perfect partnership with Eder, one destroyer type of CB and one agile CB.

Not sure if I want to sink in ~300k right now in a SBC tho.
  • Ricey12368
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect

I was really tempted by this but im going to hold onto my coins i think
  • Nivaze
    Ricey12368 wrote: »

I was really tempted by this but im going to hold onto my coins i think

Yeah, I’m not doing it either. I prefer Florenzi as CDM rather than RB anyways.
  • ASX
    Another hatrick for Eusebio.

Feel sorry for Raul now lol, cant get a game after playing 1040 games straight :D
  • Nivaze
    edited May 2019

Feel sorry for Raul now lol, cant get a game after playing 1040 games straight :D

Seems like you really like him huh?

Mine now nearly has a 2:1 goal per game ratio, he’s just so good! I also moved ADP back to LM as I feel like he’s just better there and I’m honestly not the biggest fan of Neymar for some reason.

WBY is also back in the squad, I just really like a H/H striker, just makes my attack flow so much better so I’m praying he gets a TOTS. I also hope Dembele gets a TOTS so I’ll have my end game strikeforce done.

PIM ADP - TOTS WBY - Prime Eusebio - TOTS Dembele

All 5* WF, that will be fun.
  • ASX

Seems like you really like him huh?

Mine now nearly has a 2:1 goal per game ratio, he’s just so good! I also moved ADP back to LM as I feel like he’s just better there and I’m honestly not the biggest fan of Neymar for some reason.

WBY is also back in the squad, I just really like a H/H striker, just makes my attack flow so much better so I’m praying he gets a TOTS. I also hope Dembele gets a TOTS so I’ll have my end game strikeforce done.

PIM ADP - TOTS WBY - Prime Eusebio - TOTS Dembele

All 5* WF, that will be fun.

Yeah hes great. 18 goals in 14 games now, still not used to him yet either.

ADP is very good at LM, even though it's a wide position he gets involved a lot, especially with free role.

Looking forward to TOTS; would love to see Militao get something but doubt it would exceed his FFS card. Telles would be great too.