What an Idiot i am...

BorussenBernie09
1395 posts Professional
I quitted WL some weeks ago and was "clean" for about 4 Weeks...i made a big mistake and thought i'll give it a try again.

And you know what, WL started good...i started with 9-2. After the 9th win i lost all (!) following Games so that i am now 9-11. My Opponents weren't better than me, i conceded so many bs Kick-off Goals, that i can't count them. Nearly every Game i was up 2-0 and lost these Games in OT. Servers are trash, Gameplay is trash.

Man, i deleted FIFA, deleted the Companion App because this game makes me feel bad and ruins my weekends. I'm addicted to this **** Game and don't know how i can stop it.

You know, i'm chronically ill and FIFA has helped me through a lot of difficult times in my life but FIFA doesn't help me anymore, it strengthens my disease.

But it's not only the game, that makes me feel bad, it's also the ignorance from EA.

Gaming can be good, if you're struggling in life, because it can help you to forget that you're terminally ill...FIFA doesn't help me anymore. I feel lost for the moment...

Comments

• number7rocky
    4207 posts National Call-Up
    I'm sure you experienced plenty of bs to lose, as we all do but if you go 9-2 and then go on a massive losing streak it's because the level of opponent goes up, you can't lose 9 in a row without some of the opponents being better even if you don't admit it
  • IAIK7
    3386 posts National Call-Up
    Do you like any other games?
  • @BorussenBernie09 I feel whith u bro.
    Sad but True, Only cure is dont play it anymore.
    Cause they **** on u
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    Do you like any other games?

The Problem is, no game demands my concentration as FIFA does it. Due to my disease i can't concentrate on "slower" games, because my mind wanders to fast. It's hard to explain...
    I get you bro. I’m awaiting my second back surgery now. So I really want to enjoy fifa, because I can’t do much. For some reason they think if it’s enjoyable people won’t spend money. I think the opposite. I know I would spend if I was enjoying it.

It's really a shame, that we are all just trying to enjoy the Game and EA is leaving us alone with this mess. They just don't care (and honestly: i think they never did).
  • GEEMAN04
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I quitted WL some weeks ago and was "clean" for about 4 Weeks...i made a big mistake and thought i'll give it a try again.

And you know what, WL started good...i started with 9-2. After the 9th win i lost all (!) following Games so that i am now 9-11. My Opponents weren't better than me, i conceded so many bs Kick-off Goals, that i can't count them. Nearly every Game i was up 2-0 and lost these Games in OT. Servers are trash, Gameplay is trash.

Man, i deleted FIFA, deleted the Companion App because this game makes me feel bad and ruins my weekends. I'm addicted to this **** Game and don't know how i can stop it.

You know, i'm chronically ill and FIFA has helped me through a lot of difficult times in my life but FIFA doesn't help me anymore, it strengthens my disease.

But it's not only the game, that makes me feel bad, it's also the ignorance from EA.

Gaming can be good, if you're struggling in life, because it can help you to forget that you're terminally ill...FIFA doesn't help me anymore. I feel lost for the moment...

I feel you pal.. But your basically playing someone who hasn't lost in 7 games or has a 7 win ratio.. So that oppontant is half decent.. We're all addicted to the game... Just relax in next game and a win will come.. Gl 👍
  • ILevis
    705 posts An Exciting Prospect

The Problem is, no game demands my concentration as FIFA does it. Due to my disease i can't concentrate on "slower" games, because my mind wanders to fast. It's hard to explain...

Have you tried other competetive multiplayer games like Call of Duty, Apex Legends or maybe even PC games like League of Legends? Those usually all require a pretty high amount of focus and concentration throughout the entire playsession

I can also really recommend you the game Furi. Its one of the most fun and challenging games i have played for a very long time and only ~10 bucks. Its very fast paced and requires a ton of focus to beat it. In fact i even had to stop playing after 1 hour max because i kind of have the opposite problem to you, i get strong migraines whenever i focus too hard for a long period of time :D
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional
    I'm sure you experienced plenty of bs to lose, as we all do but if you go 9-2 and then go on a massive losing streak it's because the level of opponent goes up, you can't lose 9 in a row without some of the opponents being better even if you don't admit it

I honestly don't have a problem with the Fact that there are much better Players than me out there, but what really really annoys me is, that i dominate most of the Games for about 60 Minutes and all of a sudden, my players aren't able to run, pass, shoot. It destroys me, that i loose to the AI, not to the Player.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional
    ILevis wrote: »

Have you tried other competetive multiplayer games like Call of Duty, Apex Legends or maybe even PC games like League of Legends? Those usually all require a pretty high amount of focus and concentration throughout the entire playsession

I can also really recommend you the game Furi. Its one of the most fun and challenging games i have played for a very long time and only ~10 bucks. Its very fast paced and requires a ton of focus to beat it. In fact i even had to stop playing after 1 hour max because i kind of have the opposite problem to you, i get strong migraines whenever i focus too hard for a long period of time :D

Yeah, i play Shooters like COD (don't play BF or Apex, because I'm not giving money to EA anymore - last EA Game before FIFA19 was Battlefront 2) but it's just not thrilling me like FIFA does. Furi looks good though, i guess I'll give it a try :smile:!

• Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    [/quote]

The Problem is, no game demands my concentration as FIFA does it. Due to my disease i can't concentrate on "slower" games, because my mind wanders to fast. It's hard to explain... [/quote]

Interesting. I have a similar experience. Fifa requires so much concentration that it’s one of the few things I can do that will relieve my back pain. It doesn’t relieve it. But it essentially requires so much concentration I don’t think about the pain. Whereas a slower paced game (football manager for example) doesn’t provide that.

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    2980 posts National Call-Up

The Problem is, no game demands my concentration as FIFA does it. Due to my disease i can't concentrate on "slower" games, because my mind wanders to fast. It's hard to explain... [/quote]

Interesting. I have a similar experience. Fifa requires so much concentration that it’s one of the few things I can do that will relieve my back pain. It doesn’t relieve it. But it essentially requires so much concentration I don’t think about the pain. Whereas a slower paced game (football manager for example) doesn’t provide that.

[/quote]

Try Vicodin.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional

If it's any consolation -- we are all terminally ill. The only variable is time!

So true!
  • Satch85
    1052 posts Professional
    If your looking for something else to play I recommend the division 2. Great game. Wish you all the best with your illness. And your not the the only one addicted to this game
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional

[/quote]

Same to me...exactly the same except that my pain isn't physically.
  • Gnomenclature
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite

If it's any consolation -- we are all terminally ill. The only variable is time!

Wow... someone needs a sensitivity work shop... most insensitive comment I've seen on here.

Try saying that to some of my patients in the oncology ward... I have no other words.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional
    Satch85 wrote: »
    If your looking for something else to play I recommend the division 2. Great game. Wish you all the best with your illness. And your not the the only one addicted to this game

I play Division 2 on PC but i already played it "through". GS 515 and all Set-Loadouts i wanted. I'm waiting for the Raid.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move

[/quote]

Try Vicodin.[/quote]

Doesn’t work. Nerve pain is crazy. Only things that help are steroids and anti inflammatory’s.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1395 posts Professional

Wow... someone needs a sensitivity work shop... most insensitive comment I've seen on here.

Try saying that to some of my patients in the oncology ward... I have no other words.

I'm used to it, people being ignorant towards me B). But you know, i believe in Karma!
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

I happen to dislike oncologists for one particular reason: they are the harbringers of false hope.

“Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.”
    - Nietzsche
  • Gnomenclature
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite

I happen to dislike oncologists for one particular reason: they are the harbringers of false hope.

“Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.”
    - Nietzsche

Im not an oncologist, I'm a social worker... sounds like there is a reason for your darkness... this is not the right forum for that kind of discussion so let's just end this conversation.
  • A_Snipe
    1865 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hope you find the strength to quit again. This game is by far the worst game anyone will ever play. I used to play it so much. Haven’t played in over a month then tried one match. Didn’t even finish. Just felt uneasy and was like why bother. I broke the hump of wanting to play it. I check the forums just to see how terrible the game is and shows how I made the right decision

If you can find another game like cod to work at it helps keep your mind off things

I’ve gone from a 1.70 kill death now at a 1.94. So hard to get that 2.00 but I’m slowly making it
  • Drachenfells
    283 posts Sunday League Hero
    When I play cod my k/d ratio is useless 0.25 on a good day 😂 I'm **** terrible at online fps ( yes I die 4 times for every kill I'm that bad) use to be really good at quake arena though for some reason.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move

- Nietzsche

In the nicest way possible, please get some help, perhaps see a psychiatrist. I don’t care if you don’t like psychiatrist either. Make an effort, even if you don’t see the point of it now
  • Bigpkid
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Empathy. Seems like most people forgot or never learned the word...

To OP, hope you find comfort in whatever you do.
  • lippyone
    1155 posts Professional
    I am not terminally ill but my cat has a higher life expectancy than I do, but then again she does not play weekend league.
  • Benja190782
    1310 posts Professional
    Same here. I play FIFA because I love football, and been playing this game more than 21 years watching it going downhill every single year. And every year we think, “okay this time EA changed it to a football sim” but no they don’t give a biiip about football. As long as the pack business is running.

How can you patch a game like 7-8 times every year and don’t fix a crucial exploit like the kick off glitch?

Like is it legal to actually run a company like EA does? We never get the product we paid for. Never.

Look like they changed the finesse shot to be, something you don’t wanna use at all, to let the “first time 180 degree blind shot” become the most effective scoring option. I mean WTF is wrong if you can’t even create simple content, that actually is football related.

We are playing a football game at a first person shooter engine.
    Physics can’t handle this frantic passing and shooting. Everything is random all over the place at 300 mph.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    krappen07 wrote: »

- Nietzsche

In the nicest way possible, please get some help, perhaps see a psychiatrist. I don’t care if you don’t like psychiatrist either. Make an effort, even if you don’t see the point of it now

Cheers Geoff.
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    I feel exactly the same, first game played this morning. Come up against a god squad, 2 undefendable corner goals, 2 undefendable kick off goals including a 90th minute equalizer. Then i lose on pens, guy was probably the poorest player ive played all weekend. I need this vile toxic trash out of my life, i feel ill playing it.