OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Is cinema etiquette so different elsewhere, in England you don't talk at all and even too much rustling of popcorn is annoying

That's the case in Australia too but this movie got some pretty big reactions
    cheers when Cap lifted Thors hammer, a girl cried during Stark's last scene, satisfaction when Thanos was defeated and applause for the credits.

I've never seen that before here. Usually it's dead silent.

Mine was very similar.
    There was a noticeable gasp when Cap picked up Thor's hammer and people were sniffling when Tony died. Someone got too excited and started clapping when the first shot of New York in 2012 popped up.

My cinema applauded at the end too, I've never seen that before either - even at midnight release showings of certain films.
  • Low Ki
    11788 posts Has That Special Something
    OMG I missed this. Bottom right:
    image0.png
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    I'm seeing it in 1 and half hours guys!!!!! Ahhhhhhh I'll be back to read through all these spoilers
  • Argie8
    5829 posts Big Money Move
    AVENGERS: ENDGAME had such a big job on its hands for it to meet our expectations and improve on an all-timer like INFINITY WAR, and whilst it doesn’t quite match its predecessor, it’s undoubtedly a worthy sequel that I found completely overwhelming emotionally come the final third. It’s less action packed than INFINITY WAR, with more emphasis on its adventure and heist elements, until its inevitably action heavy final act. Whilst there were some pacing issues during the first hour, I found Endgame to be an emotionally satisfying closing chapter to this phase of the MCU. I’m excited to see what else is in store for us but I won’t be forgetting what Marvel has done with this era of superhero films anytime soon.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31912 posts National Team Captain
    Is cinema etiquette so different elsewhere, in England you don't talk at all and even too much rustling of popcorn is annoying

I genuinely just depends on the crowd you go with. The standard is pretty much the same everywhere, some theaters chains will enforce things more than others like being on your phone or talking, etc.

For example I always go to Alamo Drafthouse theaters where available (fortunately they opened one up here in Raleigh last year). As nice as the quality food (legit restaurant quality food), alcohol, comfortable reclining seats, fantastic overall setup is, the biggest thing with me is how they don’t **** around with people at on their phones or obnoxious during theaters. They won’t hesitate to kick you out.

My experience today was fantastic. There was just one moment where 1 guy laughed loudly (ultimately after everyone stopped) which prompted for the theater to laugh again at that guy. But it was all in good fun.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    edited April 27

That's the case in Australia too but this movie got some pretty big reactions
    cheers when Cap lifted Thors hammer, a girl cried during Stark's last scene, satisfaction when Thanos was defeated and applause for the credits.

I've never seen that before here. Usually it's dead silent.

This was pretty much the same as my experience.
    outside of the typical laughter, the only “cheering” there was when’s Captain initially got Thor’s hammer, but it was brief and fitting.

Apparently applauding in the credits is more common here in the US based on some of these comments.

I’ve seen it happen a few times, but not often. Typically applies to a huge ending to a franchise to something, or just a overall fantastic movie like The Dark Knight. And more often than not, it’s during a midnight release/Thursday showing l.
  • Argie8
    When Cap picked up Thor's hammer has to be an all time great moment. I got chills

Also, i genuinely found the final battle when they all returned to be so overwhelming emotionally. genuinely thought i was having a breakdown. very strange response tbh
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Argie8 wrote: »
    When Cap picked up Thor's hammer has to be an all time great moment. I got chills

Also, i genuinely found the final battle when they all returned to be so overwhelming emotionally. genuinely thought i was having a breakdown. very strange response tbh

Lmao. Felt the same way
  • Low Ki
    Robert Redford literally came out of retirement for this movie.

With such a huge and diverse group of actors, writers, directors, crew members and extra's everything has run smoothly with no hint of ego's and everyone seems to work so well together. Terrence Howard really screwed himself over whereas Don Cheadle now owns War Machine.

Final scene spoiler
    Regarding Cap's ending, if they roll with it I don't really feel Sam as the new Cap, he was always a guy with wings and guns who didn't stand out much in the action. Bucky was a super soldier. Sam and Cap's character story was good, but I'm not really sold on it based off this movie run.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Robert Redford literally came out of retirement for this movie.

With such a huge and diverse group of actors, writers, directors, crew members and extra's everything has run smoothly with no hint of ego's and everyone seems to work so well together. Terrence Howard really screwed himself over whereas Don Cheadle now owns War Machine.

Final scene spoiler
    Regarding Cap's ending, if they roll with it I don't really feel Sam as the new Cap, he was always a guy with wings and guns who didn't stand out much in the action. Bucky was a super soldier. Sam and Cap's character story was good, but I'm not really sold on it based off this movie run.

I’ve genuinely never been a fan of Terrence Howard, something about him just really annoys me so I was happy to see him get replaced.
    as far as the New cap story line, iirc, in the comics Hawkeye becomes Captain America temporarily, Bucky doesn’t until Captain dies. Plus they hinted towards running with Bucky as the White Wolf story line in the Black Panther credit scene
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Audience in the theater I went to was definitely involved during the major scenes, and I enjoyed it.

Definitely a great movie that I'll probably end up seeing again next week. I wasn't emotionally ready for this movie.
  • xHerdie
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    Had to stay away from this thread the past few days. Had 60odd notifacions haha

Overall LOVED this movie. Really hit every emotion possible throughout it all.

It’s 2am by me now and have work in a few hours so I’ll put some spoilers later on haha

But def going to see this again during the week. Absolutely incredible
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    I've genuinely never been as blown away emotionally from a movie until now. Infinity War was emotional as **** with the snap and Spidey....but that has absolutely NOTHING on
    the reverse snap, everyone returning for the final battle and then Peter's reaction to Tony dying
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class

Same here man I actually teared up with so many emotions ranging from overwhelming happiness, sadness etc etc. I need to process what I just witnessed on screen
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »
    I've genuinely never been as blown away emotionally from a movie until now. Infinity War was emotional as **** with the snap and Spidey....but that has absolutely NOTHING on
    the reverse snap, everyone returning for the final battle and then Peter's reaction to Tony dying

The most impressive thing about that Spidey even from IW, was that it was all Tom Holland. Supposedly the director just told him “you don’t want to die” for that scene, and the lines were ad-libbed by Tom.
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class

The most impressive thing about that Spidey even from IW, was that it was all Tom Holland. Supposedly the director just told him “you don’t want to die” for that scene, and the lines were ad-libbed by Tom.

Omg yeah I forgot about that!! I wonder if it was similar to that in this one when filming certain scenes. Ugh I have a headache from this movie Haha a good headache though.
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    image0.png

Wait is this true
  • Low Ki
    Oh yeah. I'm kicking myself for missing it onscreen.
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    Oh yeah. I'm kicking myself for missing it onscreen.

To be fair there is so much going on that its understandable Haha.

One thing I loved
    They showed Jarvis!!! Finally a TV show character in a movie. Even if it was only from Agent Carter and not any of the Netflix shows
  • Choepiechakie
    31577 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 27
    image0.png

Wait is this true

??
    Whats that
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    image0.png

Wait is this true

??
    Whats that
    Howard the Duck being at the battle I assume is what they are referring too
  • Choepiechakie
    31577 posts National Team Captain
    Now I have to name my xbox acc noobmaster69 fs
  • Argie8
    I thought the ending with captain America was so beautiful and emotionally resonant. What a perfect way to say goodbye to the character. Obviously I cried
  • Argie8
    Omg I forget how much I love Korg. Absolutely loved that he was playing fortnite :D
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Omg I forget how much I love Korg. Absolutely loved that he was playing fortnite :D
    "Thor, the guy on the TV called me a **** again" :joy: :joy:
  • Argie8
    Shshj wrote: »

i died :D :D
  • CeeQue
    11012 posts Has That Special Something
    Why couldn't Strange used the time stone to save Tony. Or at least enough time to get the gauntlet off before it consumes him. He didn't have to die just retire.
  • hoban95
    49131 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Shshj wrote: »

Unreal scene ahaha
  • Pughy30
    26114 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 27
    The noises at the post credit scene was so cool, the 3 rings of metal banging as a call back to when Stark was in the cave in Iron Man when he first built his armour
  • krakos000
    17477 posts World Class
    I hadn't been sleeping well the past couple days because of how hyped I was and I was hoping that would go away after the movie...but no I still am just as hyped for it the day after lol