OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31892 posts National Team Captain
    Shshj wrote: »
    Good to see you guys enjoyed it.
    Honestly, I don't think this film can't be judged on its own. It's a great standalone comic book movie but this is the culmination of 11 years, nearly every movie up to this point is referenced to in some shape or form. The whole thing was epitomised when everyone emerged for the final fight against Thanos, it gave me goosebumps. They gave us everything we wanted and more, your enjoyment of this film depends on how much you've given to the MCU.

I've never been so exhausted watching a movie, even though we knew everyone would be restored and Tony/Cap would be written out. The whole thing was exhilarating from start to finish.

Legit spoilers below for those that haven’t seen it.
    when Capt caught Thor’s hammer, I was giddy as ****. Probably my favorite scene. Overall the final fight scene was incredible. The movie was an emotional roller coaster. Suppose this confirms that The Black Widow movie will be an origin.

Also, anyone know who the kid was standing behind Scarlett Witch at the funeral? My first thought was a potential son of Captain America when he goes back in time.

Also, pretty sure I’m in love with Elizabeth Olsen hah. Glad she’s cast for the TV show.
    I'm just so happy the original Avengers got a proper send-off and tied everything up nicely. Apart from some transition stuff like Sam inheriting the shield, this film was really about them.

The guy at the funeral is the kid from Iron Man 3, I can't remember his name but one of the Disney execs confirmed it. I accidentally stumbled across it before seeing the film :joy:
    yeah it was definitely the perfect way to send them off imo.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Honestly, I don't think this film can't be judged on its own. It's a great standalone comic book movie but this is the culmination of 11 years, nearly every movie up to this point is referenced to in some shape or form. The whole thing was epitomised when everyone emerged for the final fight against Thanos, it gave me goosebumps. They gave us everything we wanted and more, your enjoyment of this film depends on how much you've given to the MCU.

I've never been so exhausted watching a movie, even though we knew everyone would be restored and Tony/Cap would be written out. The whole thing was exhilarating from start to finish.

when Capt caught Thor’s hammer, I was giddy as ****. Probably my favorite scene. Overall the final fight scene was incredible. The movie was an emotional roller coaster. Suppose this confirms that The Black Widow movie will be an origin.

Also, anyone know who the kid was standing behind Scarlett Witch at the funeral? My first thought was a potential son of Captain America when he goes back in time.

Also, pretty sure I’m in love with Elizabeth Olsen hah. Glad she’s cast for the TV show.
    My brother told me it was the kid from Iron man 3 who found him and brought him to his home
    oh wow. Spot on. Just IMDB’d it and it was. Interesting cameo. Wonder if it’ll play any part for the next phase
    About his future (pretty big)
    apparently he's getting lined up to be the next iron man
    yeah that’s my assumption as well
  • Choepiechakie
    31571 posts National Team Captain

I'm just so happy the original Avengers got a proper send-off and tied everything up nicely. Apart from some transition stuff like Sam inheriting the shield, this film was really about them.

The guy at the funeral is the kid from Iron Man 3, I can't remember his name but one of the Disney execs confirmed it. I accidentally stumbled across it before seeing the film :joy:
    thats why I liked they didnt implement Cpt Marvel that much.
    They showed her strength and her capabilities, but they didnt let her **** on the ogs like, let me save the day. U guys are useless

They really hit the sweetspot with that. [/spoilers]
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up

thats why I liked they didnt implement Cpt Marvel that much.
    They showed her strength and her capabilities, but they didnt let her **** on the ogs like, let me save the day. U guys are useless

They really hit the sweetspot with that. [/spoilers]
    I thought they did a good job with her too. She had her moment to shine when she destroyed the ship, no doubt her time will come further down the line.

They definitely toned her down too. Like Thor in IW, obviously they're the most powerful Avengers but you can't just have them roll in and destroy everyone single-handedly.

Speaking of Thor, I really hope he stays with the Guardians for GOTG 3. He's more of a comical character now anyway, it fits in so well with Drax and Quill.
  • Low Ki
    11787 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 26
    That part of the movie that was driving me insane and I had to google it.
    Regarding the kid at the funeral. If they go that route it'll be super dumb.
  • Choepiechakie
    31571 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    for me it wasnt the movie, but the spiderman trailer. Its supposed to be the aftermath, but parker's group are still all the same age, which means they all dissapeared, bit too much of a coincidence
  • hoban95
    49105 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Unbelievable to see the thread still going strong after being moved to OT.

Just got home tonight from watching Endgame. Just trying to process what i just watched. I couldn't stop smiling watching that film.
  • Low Ki
    Saw this on reddit:
    kymt5h8ybnu21.jpg
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I wouldn’t mind that too much tbh.

The only thing I can think of that really irritated me being prior military, was when Capt and Stark went back to the 70s to the military base...the uniform top Captain was wearing had 2 different ranks on it. The left lapel had the rank of Captain and the right lapel had the rank of Lieutenant Colonel
  • CeeQue
    11002 posts Has That Special Something
    Just the movie and wow :o . Played 1 game and a team name had a spoiler in the name.
  • Orison
    48658 posts FIFA Cover Star
    hoban95 wrote: »

Just got home tonight from watching Endgame. Just trying to process what i just watched. I couldn't stop smiling watching that film.

Ngl I thought the film was bang average :joy:

But tbf there are so few MCU films that I would rate above "meh aka 4/10".
  • Shshj
    Morgan is definitely going to play a part at some point. Probably not for a while considering she's only 4 or 5 years old here, but I'd be shocked if they didn't bring her in eventually.
  • Low Ki
    Orison wrote: »

Dark Phoenix will fall well below that. Funny thing about that oneL Simon Kinberg who directed/wrote it also wrote: X-Men: The Last Stand. So he's trying to do Dark Phoenix a second time after the first try was a flop.
  • hoban95
    Saw this on reddit:
    kymt5h8ybnu21.jpg

That's unreal ahahaha
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Orison wrote: »

Dark Phoenix will fall well below that. Funny thing about that oneL Simon Kinberg who directed/wrote it also wrote: X-Men: The Last Stand. So he's trying to do Dark Phoenix a second time after the first try was a flop.

Didn’t realize it was the same director/writer. I don’t consider the current X-men movies as part of the MCU, still Fox atm imo.

Also, Dark Phoenix looked awful, but the latest trailer actually looks decent imo
  • CeeQue
    So where is Loki? Is he dead or is that Loki alive?
  • Shshj
    CeeQue wrote: »
    He has to be alive right? There would be a massive plot hole otherwise, unless I'm missing something.
  • CeeQue
    CeeQue wrote: »
    He has to be alive right? There would be a massive plot hole otherwise, unless I'm missing something.
    Yeah since he just disappears that would be a huge chain of events. Albiet in a different timeline but still
  • Low Ki
    Regarding
    Loki, hes getting his own show on Disney's streaming service starring Hiddleston.

The Bucky and Falcon show got hell of a lot more interesting though. Reckon Sam Wilson Cap will debut on that too?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Regarding
    Loki, hes getting his own show on Disney's streaming service starring Hiddleston.

The Bucky and Falcon show got hell of a lot more interesting though. Reckon Sam Wilson Cap will debut on that too?
    yeah I was just about to say Loki’s got his own show so hopefully it ties into that.

Also, The Scarlet witch show I believe is confirmed to be held in the 1950’s so I’m curious about that show

Agree on the Winter Soldier and Falcon show. I hope they bring back Sebastian Stan for Bucky there, I know Mackie is confirmed
  • P
    7607 posts League Winner
    Russo bros left their mark on comic book cinema forever. What a run on the MCU they've had. Just seen it tonight myself and thought it was epic. Perfect ending.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    P wrote: »
    Russo bros left their mark on comic book cinema forever. What a run on the MCU they've had. Just seen it tonight myself and thought it was epic. Perfect ending.

For sure. It’s a damn shame they are done with MCU after this.

Just glad Marvel came to their senses and got Gunn back for GOTG3
  • P
    7607 posts League Winner
    Regarding

yeah I was just about to say Loki’s got his own show so hopefully it ties into that.

Also, The Scarlet witch show I believe is confirmed to be held in the 1950’s so I’m curious about that show

Agree on the Winter Soldier and Falcon show. I hope they bring back Sebastian Stan for Bucky there, I know Mackie is confirmed
    man all I could think when he handed him the shield was the falcon and Bucky show is actually a cap and Bucky show. Camt believe that never even entered my mind
  • P
    7607 posts League Winner
    edited April 27
    P wrote: »

For sure. It’s a damn shame they are done with MCU after this.

Just glad Marvel came to their senses and got Gunn back for GOTG3
    GOTG3 The AsGuardians :joy:
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    Just watching a few clips of the best bits on YouTube and my god I'm glad I live in England

The whooping and screaming from the idiots in these cinemas would have driven me insane

All we got in my screening was a collective gasp
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    Is cinema etiquette so different elsewhere, in England you don't talk at all and even too much rustling of popcorn is annoying
  • Shshj
    edited April 27
    Reus wrote: »
    Just watching a few clips of the best bits on YouTube and my god I'm glad I live in England

The whooping and screaming from the idiots in these cinemas would have driven me insane

All we got in my screening was a collective gasp

I remember thinking the same thing when trying to find IW clips of Thor landing in Wakanda.

A huge part of these epic moments is the music, they turn good scenes into great ones and you can barely hear it when people cheer like that. Maybe it's just our British cynicism kicking in, but that would drive me up the wall.
  • hoban95
    @Reus

There was a lot of laughter in my screening but that's as loud as it got. I was always careful with my reactions as i didn't want to be that guy as for me people talking during the film annoys me. Lots of jaw drops and smirks from me.
    Swear i could hear people getting emotional in the final parts.
  • Low Ki
    Reus wrote: »
    Is cinema etiquette so different elsewhere, in England you don't talk at all and even too much rustling of popcorn is annoying

That's the case in Australia too but this movie got some pretty big reactions
    cheers when Cap lifted Thors hammer, a girl cried during Stark's last scene, satisfaction when Thanos was defeated and applause for the credits.

I've never seen that before here. Usually it's dead silent.
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    @Reus

There was a lot of laughter in my screening but that's as loud as it got. I was always careful with my reactions as i didn't want to be that guy as for me people talking during the film annoys me. Lots of jaw drops and smirks from me.
    Swear i could hear people getting emotional in the final parts.

Laughter is the only acceptable form of noise :D , but some of these idiots cheering and screaming just would really annoy me

The range of emotions the film creates was of return of the king esque proportions