PS4 FUT tournament for dinosaurs (around 40 and beyond) - Board and results in 1st post

Comments

• Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seanregal wrote: »
    Just finished my replayed second leg with dogznutz finished 3-2 in my favour still very dodgy connection so results are First leg 2-0 dognutz, seanregal hosting. Second leg 3-2 seanregal, dogznutz hosting. Hope that clear, even with the connection issues it was a pleasure playing such a good guy.

So you won 1 each

Yes thats it
  • Saiber_Summia
    2837 posts National Call-Up
    Just finished my replayed second leg with dogznutz finished 3-2 in my favour still very dodgy connection so results are First leg 2-0 dognutz, seanregal hosting. Second leg 3-2 seanregal, dogznutz hosting. Hope that clear, even with the connection issues it was a pleasure playing such a good guy.

So you won 1 each

Yes thats it

Thanks. Sorry for asking twice, just want to avoid mistakes in the board, will update tomorrow

• Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    No problem thanks for all the organizing.
  • Saiber_Summia
    Update posted. A bit slow start, make yourselves available for the matches!
    Thanks.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2019
    Game played,

BEBBBBBBBI 0-2 Farcehole

Will post the game once it uploads
  • madwullie
    Link to match

• Saiber_Summia
    By the way, just realized...
    if at the end of the regular time the situation is still a draw, we should just end the game and not play the extra times.
    Like in real tournaments group phase.
    Ok for everybody?
  • Pow_patrol70
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    madwullie wrote: »
    Game played,

BEBBBBBBBI 0-2 Farcehole

Will post the game once it uploads

Great win snd very good team.
    U deserve to win, a lot better then me
  • ImAtrocious
    2865 posts Fans' Favourite
    Summia - singletm

First leg 1-3
    Second leg 2-1

Quick recap - couple of good games here. Given that I'm in the US and he is in across the pond, the connection was shockingly good (hope you found it the same). As I told him after the matches, I felt like he was a little hard done by the results. He was all over me in the first half of the first game, and I felt like he could have easily had more goals.

We play two very different styles and he is an absolute gorilla in defense...definitely sped me up and changed my gameplay. I don't always make a lot of chances, but was good with the ones that I had.

Second leg goal that I scored was a rebound goal :( Unfortunate that the aggregate came down to that, as a draw probably would have been more equitable.

Fun games though - nice to be able to play someone and then ask them about their tactics and setup, etc.
  • Saiber_Summia
    edited April 2019
    Summia - singletm

First leg 1-3
    Second leg 2-1

Quick recap - couple of good games here. Given that I'm in the US and he is in across the pond, the connection was shockingly good (hope you found it the same). As I told him after the matches, I felt like he was a little hard done by the results. He was all over me in the first half of the first game, and I felt like he could have easily had more goals.

We play two very different styles and he is an absolute gorilla in defense...definitely sped me up and changed my gameplay. I don't always make a lot of chances, but was good with the ones that I had.

Second leg goal that I scored was a rebound goal :( Unfortunate that the aggregate came down to that, as a draw probably would have been more equitable.

Fun games though - nice to be able to play someone and then ask them about their tactics and setup, etc.

😂 a gorilla in defense 😂

I laugh as my nick is a sort of pun...
    Saiber is clearly the pronunciation of Cyber
    and Summia is the word that in the slang of my city stands for...monkey.

In other words, the cybernetic monkey...you can understand that in that context I could have not been anything else than a gorilla...

On a serious note, two very enjoyable matches, the fact the two opponents start from a reciprocal respect attitude ease the way of approaching the matches and helps to avoid all tactics like wasting time, parking the bus (I admit often doing this in the second half) etc that -at the very end- make the game less interesting and enjoyable.

My play-style is very effort intensive and usually I’m unable to keep the same intensity the two half, resulting in getting not as many wins as I would like to get. In DR, merely as an example, I float between div 4 and 3, and I was best ever still 50 points away from div 2.

I was pretty in difficulty with your wingers, fast and difficult to catch. I fear my team instructions leave big gaps and often wild spaces to run in.

Thanks again, definitively would like to have more matches, if you will like as well.

• Pocketsquareguy
    7683 posts League Winner
    Summia - singletm

First leg 1-3
    Second leg 2-1

I had the same situation playing a guy in the UK. It was very one sided. My connection was great when I hosted. His when he hosted. And bad when we didn’t host. There was really no chance either of us were winning when we weren’t the host team IMO.
  • shannsi
    57 posts Park Captain
    anyone in group c around this weekend? i will be on between 8 am and 9 am NY time tomorrow and am fairly free all day Sunday.
  • Gaz7Mac
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was hoping to get some in tonight however looks like servers will be down for a while
  • Theomanny
    2699 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone in group d playing this weekend. Am available from 9pm
  • JamieB77
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Enjoying watching the uploaded games. The first thing that struck me is the pace of the games, they're lightning lol. My build up is usually pretty slow. Also, that Ronaldinho card looks awesome to play with.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7683 posts League Winner
    Theomanny wrote: »

I’m in the states. So take that into account in time. But I’m injured. So I can’t do much. I can play whenever for the most part.
  • Gaz7Mac

i'm online
  • Saiber_Summia
    Anybody group A?
  • Saiber_Summia
    Even for a simple friendly...not in the tournament
  • Gaz7Mac

i'll give you a friendly
  • Saiber_Summia
    Gaz7Mac wrote: »

i'll give you a friendly
    Let me log in

• Theomanny

i'm online

Sent u a message
  • Saiber_Summia
    Did anybody else play a match? Pls report results.
  • 44y old German would be there if one of you is missing. ID could be send.
    No medical hearth diseases known so far.
  • Theomanny

Yh

Theo2ph vs Gaz7Mac

First game 4:4
    Second game 3:0

Gg GAz7Mac. Awesome build up play. U learn new stuffs everyday.
  • Theomanny
    @op table needs updating pls
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Anybody group A?

Im in group a, waiting for a game
  • Gaz7Mac
    edited April 2019

Yh

Theo2ph vs Gaz7Mac

While i appreciate the feedback i leave these games confused what the real point of this tournament is?

At the risk of sounding a bit like a sore loser, which i suppose i am now, i really did think id be playing people of a similar age group, not people who are only 30.

I know its only a bit of forum fun however it does seem to have missed its purpose and genuinely thought id play against peopel of a similar age group

For me it feels like a couple games where i should have just played w/l instead. I would at least get something from that in terms of rivals points.

good luck for the rest of the tournament but think i may bow out of this one and sorry

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up

Yh

Theo2ph vs Gaz7Mac

While i appreciate the feedback i leave these games confused what the real point of this tournament is?

At the risk of sounding a bit like a sore loser, which i suppose i am now, i really did think id be playing people of a similar age group, not people who are only 30.

I know its only a bit of forum fun however it does seem to have missed its purpose and genuinely thought id play against peopel of a similar age group

For me it feels like a couple games where i should have just played w/l instead. I would at least get something from that in terms of rivals points.

good luck for the rest of the tournament but think i may bow out of this one and sorry

Well that is kind of what I assumed would happen when no rules are set and boundaries are loose. Glad I opted out, I bet people would get really annoyed with my skill moves spam and using God squads.
  • madwullie

Yh

Theo2ph vs Gaz7Mac

Mainly for me it's to get some games that aren't win at all costs against players who aren't playing for the win at all costs. Aye its nice we're all around the same age, but is that really what's important. Afaic as long as its not sweaty teenagers banging out dabs and infinite tornado crosses, and is people who are trying to play something that resembles real football then it's all good. I've not faced a 4231 yet. That's almost enough for me to be happy. And the social aspect, the feedback like you said, and being able to discuss tactics etc. For me those are the reasons I prefer it to 400 points or so in rivals.