The Squad Building Challenges *I LOVE LEAGUE SBCS* Appreciation Thread *IT'S SEPTEMBER!* 🦖🏀🦎 🌫⛅

Comments

• RoosGianni
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    Are you not playing for a long time @RoosGianni

What do you mean? :hushed:
  • CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    RoosGianni wrote: »

Not playing a fifa game for long time, just sbc. I pack icon after not play a game in 10 days because I work outside of town
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 23
    Momus wrote: »
    If people are buying those silvers, can it be considered price fixing?

If you packed one of those players would you sell around the same price, because that’s evidently the price people are willing to pay, and if so, are you not price fixing too? Or perhaps you would sell for cheaper even though someone would have willingly paid more for it.

These cards are being packed, and yet the price remains high, why? Perhaps because thousands of people are wanting to buy these cards, and the moment one is listed below the current BIN it gets bought immediately, suggesting that the current price is in fact the “true” price.

Basically can someone explain how the popularisation of this method and the subsequent rise in demand (thousands more people) coupled with the low supply, is not the cause of the increased price, and the actual cause is that some guys are price fixing these players. Everyone knows high demand/low supply = high prices. Why is this not the case here then?

The first reason for these high prices is the "method" and the thousands of Nepsheep realising only now you can grind leagues, no one denied that, other reasons now are the low supply because of EA which is not regulating the market with silver players packs (intentionnal imo), and pricefixing adds to that, everything is related and has consequences on the market.

I still do think that pricefixing shouldn't be allowed though, btw PFing is not selling ONE card at the market price of the moment, which is normal and fair, but a lot of the same cards by owning most of them and thus changing its price artificially, see the difference?
  • RoosGianni
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    RoosGianni wrote: »

Not playing a fifa game for long time, just sbc. I pack icon after not play a game in 10 days because I work outside of town

I haven’t played a game of Fifa for 2weeks before I packed Del P because I had no team. I logged on every day to do sbc’s though :)
  • Futfanatic
    12587 posts Has That Special Something
    6 months of getting everything fut swap out there in one spot, I’m allowed to have some fun now, I’m sure some people were sweating. D’Rolatoro 😂
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    Mortal Kombat out today at least
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    DutyHarry wrote: »

If you packed one of those players would you sell around the same price, because that’s evidently the price people are willing to pay, and if so, are you not price fixing too? Or perhaps you would sell for cheaper even though someone would have willingly paid more for it.

These cards are being packed, and yet the price remains high, why? Perhaps because thousands of people are wanting to buy these cards, and the moment one is listed below the current BIN it gets bought immediately, suggesting that the current price is in fact the “true” price.

Basically can someone explain how the popularisation of this method and the subsequent rise in demand (thousands more people) coupled with the low supply, is not the cause of the increased price, and the actual cause is that some guys are price fixing these players. Everyone knows high demand/low supply = high prices. Why is this not the case here then?

The first reason for these high prices is the "method" and the thousands of Nepsheep realising only now you can grind leagues, no one denied that, other reasons now are the low supply because of EA which is not regulating the market with silver players packs (intentionnal imo), and pricefixing adds to that, everything is related and has consequences on the market.

I still do think that pricefixing shouldn't be allowed though, btw PFing is not selling ONE card at the market price of the moment, which is normal and fair, but a lot of the same cards by owning most of them and thus changing its price artificially, see the difference?

Yeah I get that, but I feel too much emphasis is put on the notion of price fixing, rather than simply increased demand + low supply.

From what I can see, individual silver prices have risen by a maximum of around 5k. Given the fact this method was platformed by YouTubers to audiences of tens of thousands of people, plus the fact these rare silvers are, well, rare, I would argue the increased prices are almost entirely down to increased demand, the affect of price fixers would be negligible.

The market is dynamic, with these rare silver cards being added to it daily (albeit slowly), and market forces will almost always create an equilibrium and set the “true” price. Yes price fixers may have raised the price slightly, but the majority of the blame should be directed to the people who shared this method to the masses. Admittedly most of the discontent on this thread is directed towards those people but I’m seeing way too many people blame these increased prices entirely on price fixing
  • Campino
    26940 posts Player of the Year
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat out today at least

Looks superb
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Mike wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Was buying a new suit(shout-out to the Spurs suit freak from the height of PL lounge) measuring the cost by 100k packs.. life ain't too bad for the non fifa addicts out there

I was thinking this the other day but football games I've been to.

121 games in the past three years at an average of £50 a game, all in.

That's probably what Bateson goes through FP in one day :joy:
    Do Walsall really charge £50 for a game?

£45 is the coach:
  • keilly
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    6 months of getting everything fut swap out there in one spot, I’m allowed to have some fun now, I’m sure some people were sweating. D’Rolatoro 😂

Not very funny if anyone reads what you posted and thinks they have missed one and decide to use what they have for the informs or packs. .But hey just a bit of fun right.
  • DutyHarry

Yeah I get that, but I feel too much emphasis is put on the notion of price fixing, rather than simply increased demand + low supply.

From what I can see, individual silver prices have risen by a maximum of around 5k. Given the fact this method was platformed by YouTubers to audiences of tens of thousands of people, plus the fact these rare silvers are, well, rare, I would argue the increased prices are almost entirely down to increased demand, the affect of price fixers would be negligible.

The market is dynamic, with these rare silver cards being added to it daily (albeit slowly), and market forces will almost always create an equilibrium and set the “true” price. Yes price fixers may have raised the price slightly, but the majority of the blame should be directed to the people who shared this method to the masses. Admittedly most of the discontent on this thread is directed towards those people but I’m seeing way too many people blame these increased prices entirely on price fixing

Don't get me wrong, I agree totally and despise those "Cuntent creators" for all the bad things they bring to the community, which would be a healthier place without their input.
    Pricefixing is just a consequence of the "lIvINg mARkEt".
  • Dan is Clutch
    24665 posts Club Captain
    Mike wrote: »
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Was buying a new suit(shout-out to the Spurs suit freak from the height of PL lounge) measuring the cost by 100k packs.. life ain't too bad for the non fifa addicts out there

I was thinking this the other day but football games I've been to.

121 games in the past three years at an average of £50 a game, all in.

That's probably what Bateson goes through FP in one day :joy:
    Do Walsall really charge £50 for a game?

£45 is the coach:

Don't get him started on the coach driver.
  • Tietherope
    10063 posts Has That Special Something
    I got Alaba, those packs are too good.
    Tietherope wrote: »
    Primal wrote: »
    tempted to do florenzi but still trying to make my mind up. My toty marcelo has 30 odd assists and 6 goals in 150 games compared to my otw cancelo who has 4 assist and 0 goals in 250 :| Just wish i could get the same ratio at rb. Marcelos just a machine

OTW Cancelo - 126 games, 2 goals, 27 assists.
    HL Lala - 182 games, 11 goals (takes pens), 37 assists.

Bday Salah - 108 games, 6 goals , 5 assists.
    FS Mendy - 316 games, 11 goals , 33 assists.

My LB is set to stay back and my RB is not and it shows. I'd think you're using them differently in some way.

I have them both on stay back and Marcelo has about 60 assists in 200 games while my RB is in the 10s, hes just too good to be fair.

You weren't kidding. Picked up TOTY Marcelo on Sunday and it's a small sample size, but:

Bday Salah - 135 games, 7 goals, 10 assists.
    FS Mendy - 329 games, 11 goals, 34 assists.
    TOTY Marcelo - 7 games, 0 goals, 6 assists.
  • DutyHarry
    tempted to do florenzi but still trying to make my mind up. My toty marcelo has 30 odd assists and 6 goals in 150 games compared to my otw cancelo who has 4 assist and 0 goals in 250 :| Just wish i could get the same ratio at rb. Marcelos just a machine

My LB is set to stay back and my RB is not and it shows. I'd think you're using them differently in some way.

I have them both on stay back and Marcelo has about 60 assists in 200 games while my RB is in the 10s, hes just too good to be fair.

You weren't kidding. Picked up TOTY Marcelo on Sunday and it's a small sample size, but:

I think this card is way too good to play him lb, should be used as a cm or CDM.
  • WFCBagnall
    69621 posts Moderator
    Just opened 1.6kfp worth of 2.5k silver packs to see how much I'd make.

Once stuff sells, just under 200k.

Madness.
  • Primal
    4349 posts National Call-Up

hes a beast, one of my favourite players even though hes at lb, cant get rid
  • Futfanatic
    12587 posts Has That Special Something
    keilly wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Not very funny if anyone reads what you posted and thinks they have missed one and decide to use what they have for the informs or packs. .But hey just a bit of fun right.

Oh I did not consider people would do that, that's so stupid of me. I apologise.
  • Crossland
    7607 posts League Winner
    Brad wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted but there's a new patch; they removed "Being able to add multiple versions of the same player item to a sbc squad through the FUT transfer market" :/

Yea in the patch notes this morning
  • Hicksy2011
    12906 posts Has That Special Something

Madness.

Do you think you got lucky on this run?
    Cos I’m about to start saving for CR7 and if they are genuinely that good then I’m putting on like 5k FP and getting halfway there like that
  • Tietherope

I think this card is way too good to play him lb, should be used as a cm or CDM.

I get what you're saying, but with Vieira, FS Arthur, and FS Aouar in my midifeld and Gullit coming soon, he's not getting in there.
  • Tietherope
    edited April 23

Madness.

Think we might see silver player packs in the store soon now? They're in high demand now so it's in Ea's best interest to release the packs and sell a bunch of them?
  • DutyHarry
    edited April 23
    Yes give money to EA, that'll show them!

LMAO

Funny and sad at the same time, I'm confused. :/

Damm, I had to pay 22k to finish Al Fateh and get Musa back. :s
  • Scutch
    10526 posts Has That Special Something

:lol:

• Scutch
    10526 posts Has That Special Something

Madness.

Is this silver rare's or both, mate?
  • Sanchezzzz
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Nepenthez is genuinely a **** stain same as the other mob.
  • TakeItSlow
    7219 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »

Madness.

The non rares are the money maker when opening silver packs. Ever since Jan if I ever spent money on FP it would be through silver packs.

It is quite literally 800k-1m per 12kfp atm!
  • DutyHarry
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »

Madness.

The non rares are the money maker when opening silver packs. Ever since Jan if I ever spent money on FP it would be through silver packs.

It is quite literally 800k-1m per 12kfp atm!

Sure but loading FP is against this thread's spirit, RIP. :(
  • Dutch007
    2559 posts Fans' Favourite
    So now we are buying FP....... :'(
  • Grown93
    3402 posts National Call-Up

LMAO

Funny and sad at the same time, I'm confused. :/

Damm, I had to pay 22k to finish Al Fateh and get Musa back. :s

Better than give money to this **** company