Gervonta wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Flapjack wrote: »
    ryan217 wrote: »

To be fair they're right, was a clear pen but he absolutely went down unnecessarily theatrically

Nah. That's embarrassing coming from the club's official account. I wasnt expecting neutral commentary from them but its another thing to vilify an opposing team's player through purposefully misleading commentary.

Also, he doesnt get that pen if he stays up - being theatrical as it may doesn't make it any less of a pen.

The only embarrassing thing was the theatrics from salah.

Think of it in Salah's point of view, the guy has been grabbing him for 5-8 seconds already and the whistle hasn't blown. For 5-8 seconds he could have gone down he had to force the refs hand as it was clear he wasn't going to give the pen unless something happened to make him give it. The guy was all over him for a long, unreasonable, amount of time with no call.

Still doesn’t justify cheating.

If you have to dive to get the ref’s hand forced then you’re embarrassing in my eyes.

Bro you having a mental blockage here how can you say that isn’t a pen?

I never said it wasn’t a penalty , it was a penalty he had his hands all over him , it’s the fact he arch’s his own back and drops like a sack of potatoes that disgusts me.

He’s been doing it all season it’s disgraceful from a talented player.

So you admit the right call was made and the pen was given. Why then do you care as to how it happened if it was the right thing?
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up

To be fair they're right, was a clear pen but he absolutely went down unnecessarily theatrically

Nah. That's embarrassing coming from the club's official account. I wasnt expecting neutral commentary from them but its another thing to vilify an opposing team's player through purposefully misleading commentary.

Also, he doesnt get that pen if he stays up - being theatrical as it may doesn't make it any less of a pen.

Think of it in Salah's point of view, the guy has been grabbing him for 5-8 seconds already and the whistle hasn't blown. For 5-8 seconds he could have gone down he had to force the refs hand as it was clear he wasn't going to give the pen unless something happened to make him give it. The guy was all over him for a long, unreasonable, amount of time with no call.

If you have to dive to get the ref’s hand forced then you’re embarrassing in my eyes.

I never said it wasn’t a penalty , it was a penalty he had his hands all over him , it’s the fact he arch’s his own back and drops like a sack of potatoes that disgusts me.

So you admit the right call was made and the pen was given. Why then do you care as to how it happened if it was the right thing?

It was a penalty yes right call , but it’s the fact how salah went down that disgusts me.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class

It was a penalty yes right call , but it’s the fact how salah went down that disgusts me.

Does it really disgust you??

• Gervonta

For now yeah, when sterling lifts that premier league trophy at the end of the season it’ll be fine tbh.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class

For now yeah, when sterling lifts that premier league trophy at the end of the season it’ll be fine tbh.

Oh yeah when he lifts that trophy tell me more about how it will make you feel??

• SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2019
    Seeing all the faux outrage over Salah’s “dive” plastered everywhere on social media this morning really hit the spot for me. What a wonderful start to a lovely bank holiday Monday. The tears have never been so delicious.
  • Gervonta
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Seeing all the faux outrage over Salah’s “dive” plastered everywhere on social media this morning really hit the spot for me. What a wonderful start to a lovely bank holiday Monday. The tears have never been so delicious.

Glad to see you enjoying them.

The ones on the 26th May 2018 were much more succulent to be honest.

• Devers
    7703 posts League Winner

You are a grown man, the bitterness from you over salah dropping is actually hilarious
  • Flapjack
    7060 posts Big Money Move

Well if your previous predictions are anything to go by we might as well start popping them champagne bottles.

e28189229cac031d0a3675d4790a9159.png
  • Flapjack

Salah really needs to learn how to fall gracefully when he's been fouled.
  • Kellnerr
    3560 posts National Call-Up
    It's funny how Salah gets much more hate than Suarez did, whose diving was much more ridiculous and frequent. But we are a top team again now so I guess there has to be someone to blame :)
  • Bob_Dylan
    20731 posts Club Captain

Well if your previous predictions are anything to go by we might as well start popping them champagne bottles.

e28189229cac031d0a3675d4790a9159.png

ffs :D
  • Mike
    10240 posts Has That Special Something
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    It's funny how Salah gets much more hate than Suarez did, whose diving was much more ridiculous and frequent. But we are a top team again now so I guess there has to be someone to blame :)
    That just isn’t true. Suarez got so much more hate than Salah
  • Flapjack
    edited April 2019
    Mike wrote: »

True. However you could at least argue that the hate Suarez got from opposition fans was justified when you consider bite-gate, the unfortunate event with Evra and his antics on the pitch.

With Salah it just seems like people are quick to jump on his back. Maybe it is to do with Liverpool's position in the table so naturally he gets more attention now I dunno. But if you look at all the pens hes gotten, other than the Newcastle one, 9/10 times those are given as pens. Yet people make it the talking point after every game even when its stonewall - like the one yesterday.

Could be wrong but I dont think I've seen any other player's dive this season make MOTD highlights yet with Salah they're quick to point it out every time. And this is a guy who actually has stayed on his feet several other times when fouled. In the CL vs Bayern away when he was one on one he was fouled by Sule in the box and chose to stay up and ref didn't call it. If he didn't go down yesterday the ref was never calling that. If refs actually gave pens to fouls and not whether or not the player went down we might actually see a lot more staying on their feet.
  • Kellnerr
    3560 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »

True. However you could at least argue that the hate Suarez got from opposition fans was justified when you consider bite-gate, the unfortunate event with Evra and his antics on the pitch.

With Salah it just seems like people are quick to jump on his back. Maybe it is to do with Liverpool's position in the table so naturally he gets more attention now I dunno. But if you look at all the pens hes gotten, other than the Newcastle one, 9/10 times those are given as pens. Yet people make it the talking point after every game even when its stonewall - like the one yesterday.

Could be wrong but I dont think I've seen any other player's dive this season make MOTD highlights yet with Salah they're quick to point it out every time. And this is a guy who actually has stayed on his feet several other times when fouled. In the CL vs Bayern away when he was one on one he was fouled by Sule in the box and chose to stay up and ref didn't call it. If he didn't go down yesterday the ref was never calling that. If refs actually gave pens to fouls and not whether or not the player went down we might actually see a lot more staying on their feet.

Well said, that's what I was trying to say initially - it's propaganda by the media and rather unlike Suarez he gets lots of attention outside of England too.
  • ryan217
    2923 posts Fans' Favourite
    He said after the game: “It’s Easter and I don’t think it’s a day not to tell the truth. I don’t like it when the crowd celebrates the failure of other teams, to be 100 per cent honest.

"Yes, the atmosphere is great but if we miss a goal I don’t know why that is the loudest moment in the game. I never liked that in my whole life and it happens in other stadiums.

What a precious soul Klopp is :joy:
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    He said after the game: “It’s Easter and I don’t think it’s a day not to tell the truth. I don’t like it when the crowd celebrates the failure of other teams, to be 100 per cent honest.

"Yes, the atmosphere is great but if we miss a goal I don’t know why that is the loudest moment in the game. I never liked that in my whole life and it happens in other stadiums.

Cry more :D
  • ryan217

Cry more :D

I'm fine mate, I expected to lose but it amuses me how upset Klopp gets even when he wins :joy:
  • Bob_Dylan
    20731 posts Club Captain
    you're trying too hard
  • Devers
    7703 posts League Winner

Well, at least ye wont have to see him next season 👋👋👋 👇👇👇
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Devers wrote: »

Well, at least ye wont have to see him next season 👋👋👋 👇👇👇

Maybe they can find some ball boys in the Championship. Such petty, Bush League stuff, from Cardiff yesterday.

• Wyojasond
    14239 posts Has That Special Something
    Honestly surprised the ManU numbers weren’t higher for City 😂

• Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Honestly surprised the ManU numbers weren’t higher for City 😂

What United fans did they ask!? 🤣🤣
  • ViVaWhom
    8787 posts League Winner
    yeah surveys literally mean nothing, i bet it was an online one too lol

90 percent of those people were probably liverpool fans
  • Flapjack
    Yea, I really can't imagine there'd be any Everton fans who'd want Liverpool to win the league.
  • ryan217
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    yeah surveys literally mean nothing, i bet it was an online one too lol

90 percent of those people were probably liverpool fans

Looks like it
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    49229 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Rafael Camacho to Dortmund? is he good
  • Bob_Dylan
    20731 posts Club Captain
    He has barely ever played for us