The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    All Brighton tonight aren’t we??

I want Brighton to go down, just because Brighton away is a lot easier to do than Cardiff.
  • Handy Andy
    6227 posts Big Money Move
    all warnock aren't we
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Benitez wouldn't want Mitrovic back. Didn't even play him regularly in the Championship. In my head I've had Mitrovic going to West Ham, Palace or Brighton. With Chelsea as an outside bet if they get their transfer ban postponed for this summer.

We can do a lot worse than Gayle for next season obviously, it's just quite boring being linked with him when we've genuinely been linked with him every summer since about 2014.

Diego Rolan imo.

Only if I can spend the whole summer giving everyone in here updates on the move again.
  • Handy Andy
    edited April 2019

I want Brighton to go down, just because Brighton away is a lot easier to do than Cardiff.

poor dedication
  • Handy Andy
    Benitez wouldn't want Mitrovic back. Didn't even play him regularly in the Championship. In my head I've had Mitrovic going to West Ham, Palace or Brighton. With Chelsea as an outside bet if they get their transfer ban postponed for this summer.

We can do a lot worse than Gayle for next season obviously, it's just quite boring being linked with him when we've genuinely been linked with him every summer since about 2014.

Diego Rolan imo.

Only if I can spend the whole summer giving everyone in here updates on the move again.

you are gonna do it regardless
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »

poor dedication

Half the league is going to be based in Yorkshire or above at the rate things are going, I'll take the easy ones when I can get them.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited April 2019

Diego Rolan imo.

you are gonna do it regardless

I've moved on now. All in on Oli McBurnie. Even though he wears his socks like a ****.
  • Handy Andy

poor dedication

Half the league is going to be based in Yorkshire or above at the rate things are going, I'll take the easy ones when I can get them.

is a bit ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ain't it lad
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    all warnock aren't we

No.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

poor dedication

is a bit **** ain't it lad

Prefer to just call it expensive.
  • Handy Andy
    Karlos wrote: »
    all warnock aren't we

No.

don't see Warnock wasting 100 mill on Pellegri, mate
  • iHilarious
    13545 posts Has That Special Something
    Proper grim up north as well
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Didn't actually realise how much trouble Brighton are in
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Farlz wrote: »

Might've been alright had they let us win that FA Cup game and focused on the league, but never mind.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    One job Brighton. One job.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Farlz wrote: »

They've pretty much sleepwalked into it. Murray's completely lost form, and they're shipping goals all over the shop so they can't scrape 0-0s or a 1-0 with Dunk or Duffy scoring.

To be honest, I think if we manage to take 4 points off you this season then you deserve to go down. Should've been 6 as well.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    They didn't really improve last summer either. I know people (rightly) dig us out for our transfer business, but Brighton spent probably about 60m on Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma etc. and they're worse off than they were last season.
  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    They have basically tried to be the new Stoke, and the Prem has changed now, you either need to be like Leicester/Wolves or risk going down.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited April 2019
    It's just the fundamental problem of being part of "the rest" in the Premier League these days. Us and Boro had it better than most because we got a European final when we were a Mid-Table Prem team, and that will never happen these days. Not just because the quality in the competition is better either.

Look at Burnley, they have an absolutely exceptional season, finish 7th, and then they rest players in their Europa qualifiers because the priority is staying up because there's 100m quid on the line. When if you asked fans what would you rather, finish 16th and the prize is another year of aiming to finish 16th or finish 18th and get some quality European away days and some genuinely lasting memories I know what I'd prefer.

So fans of the clubs don't "just" want to stay up, they want to be entertained watching their team at the same time. Guarantee some Burnley fans turn on Dyche in the next year or two, same thing happened with Stoke, and even going back to Curbishley and Charlton. And pretty much every time it ends up with that team getting relegated because they lose the identity that got them there in the first place.
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class

really hope Notts County stay up. They were so good to us on this day, letting us celebrate on the pitch and wished us nothing but warm congratulations
    Top club, proper football league club as well, it wouldnt be the same without them (although Bala and Retro would probably find it quite funny)
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    Tranmere fans loved it when we celebrated promotion on their pitch, after they got relegated.
  • WFCBagnall
    88047 posts Moderator
    EZS1vK0.jpg

Cook>Ronaldo
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    At least he doesn't call his own fans ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though :wink:
  • iHilarious
    13545 posts Has That Special Something
    How many played in both games? Didn’t you play Ajax u17’s disabled team?
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Didn’t you play Ajax u17’s disabled team?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb726383262785959e26623

• Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class

#1, #3, #4 and Pitman who has pretty much only played at CAM with 10g 4a
    Not bad options for the three in 4231
  • JamieC
    839 posts Semi-Pro

I see that "Fit and Proper test" is working fine :unamused:
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    JamieC wrote: »

I see that "Fit and Proper test" is working fine :unamused:

It’s an absolute disgrace
    he tried to buy us and I’m pretty sure our administrator saw liquidation as a superior outcome for everyone involved than him buying our club
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move

Proper nasty piece of work, feel for my Bultonian acquaintances