Thought’s on PSN ID change

Amdp9
3212 posts National Call-Up
I am so thrilled to change it, I have my whole name on it, I made my ID more than 12 years ago and been playing FUT since 2012 my level is over 100. I never had any issue of my opponent abusing me by messaging back on PSN with nasty comments after they loose or rage quit until FIFA 17, last year I did create another ID just to start all over but realize all those categories boost will need lots of time to open again, so I continued with my old ID, I am so glad that I can finally change my user ID !
Thanks PSN

Comments

• FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    The change in ID could cause log in issues apparently. For example Ubisoft, EA, etc
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    How do you change it? :#
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6377 posts Big Money Move
    You can be the beta tester and let me know how it goes, definitely going to have a huge amount of issues to begin with.

I've heard from multiple news sources that you can potentially lose your saved data for your games by just changing your online ID lol
  • ppeetteerr11
    1041 posts Professional
    You can be the beta tester and let me know how it goes, definitely going to have a huge amount of issues to begin with.

I've heard from multiple news sources that you can potentially lose your saved data for your games by just changing your online ID lol

This is true. People that play NBA 2K19 are experiencing this issue where all of their progress is lost. I wouldn’t do it just yet. I know I won’t cuz I have a lot of progress on 2K myself.
  • Chapman
    433 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa 19 isn't on the safe and tested list so I wouldn't bother yet
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    All PS4 games originally published on or after April 1, 2018 have been developed to support the online ID change feature,” the post stated. “However, since they have not all been specifically tested with the feature, we cannot guarantee that they will support it. For more details and information, we encourage you to refer to the list of tested games before making a change to your online ID. Do keep in mind that the large majority of most actively played PS4 games support the feature.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/gaming/news/psn-id-change-issues-1203185557/amp/
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    edited April 10
    Games with Issues

Disc Jam™ (Critical Issues**)
    Everybody's Golf (Critical Issues**)
    Just Dance 2017 (Critical Issues**)
    LittleBigPlanet™ 3 (Critical Issues**)
    MLB 14 The Show (Critical Issues**)
    MLB The Show 16 (Critical Issues**)
    MLB® The Show™ 15 (Critical Issues**)
    ONRUSH (Critical Issues**)
    The Golf Club 2™ (Critical Issues**)
    Worms™ Battlegrounds (Critical Issues**)

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/critical-issues/
  • Ben_W
    75 posts Park Captain
    A friend of mine was in the beta, changed his psn id twice , no issues with fifa
  • Forca-Barca
    3020 posts National Call-Up
    How about the division 2?
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Buzzing
  • Raymondo123
    1119 posts Professional
    Wait you can change your PSN ID?
  • Amdp9

@Raymondo123 starting today you can change and revert your ID any time also you can change multiple times by paying $4.99 with PSN Plus
  • Nem
    5901 posts Big Money Move
    Amdp9 wrote: »

@Raymondo123 starting today you can change and revert your ID any time also you can change multiple times by paying $4.99 with PSN Plus

Just to note - it's free of charge the first time you change.
  • Raymondo123
    1119 posts Professional
    Thanks for the response, good to hear we can do that now and even better the first time free!
    Nem wrote: »

Just to note - it's free of charge the first time you change.

• Poolstu123
    724 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thank god! I didn’t set mine up so been stuck with the stupid name I have lol
  • iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    Changed mine!! So thrilled
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    I want to but just can't risk it
  • Amdp9
    Did mine and I am happy with it ! Great move by Play Station !
  • Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    Any problems with the games that aren't supposed to have any? I'm thinking about it.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Any problems with the games that aren't supposed to have any? I'm thinking about it.

I've had absolutely no problems so far, changed mine the first day you could.
  • Amdp9
    edited April 13
    It’s no problem at all guys, they did the move as final thing, earlier it was test run yeah during Beta or Test run you do experience glitches
  • Zv1k0
    I'm only worried about one thing and that's pre-orders. I have something pre-ordered and there's nothing about this anywhere. When you change it it says you can lose access to content (including paid for content) etc. And that hasn't been tested yet. What if I lose that or I get it but can't access it? I can't even cancel my pre-order on US account.
  • Jobiwan
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 13
    I'm only worried about one thing and that's pre-orders. I have something pre-ordered and there's nothing about this anywhere. When you change it it says you can lose access to content (including paid for content) etc. And that hasn't been tested yet. What if I lose that or I get it but can't access it? I can't even cancel my pre-order on US account.

I'd just wait until you're in the clear. No point risking it...
  • Amdp9

It depend upon that game, there is a list of games having issues so for Fifa haven't given me any issues? not sure if anyone else had any issue at all after change ?
  • Bobo23
    874 posts Semi-Pro
    I've no idea who is who on my friends list anymore with all the name changes!
  • Zv1k0
    I changed it. Every game works, no progress lost and that pre-order is still ticking away. :relieved:
  • Amdp9
    I changed it. Every game works, no progress lost and that pre-order is still ticking away. :relieved:

<3
  • Amdp9
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    I've no idea who is who on my friends list anymore with all the name changes!

@Bobo23 ask them for real name req
  • Bobo23
    874 posts Semi-Pro
    @Amdp9 thanks for the suggestion, will make things so much easier.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    Can confirm, has worked without any issues here as well o:)