is it me or is this the worst fifa ever?

minzed
posts Ball Boy
I just joined this message board so forgive me for not being caught up.
there is so much random bs in 19 than ever before. big game changing flukes in every single game. total garbage. I mostly play 4 player local 2v2.
I never thought I'd consider this but maybe pes is worth trying.
is each going to correct anything for 20. I cant say it enough. I hate 19

Comments

• Rossi1000
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    17 18 now 19
    Have ea and fifa moved forward or just keep getting worse? Those three versions have been terrible for large parts of its release

12 13 14 is where ea needs to look for improvements
  • Cooler08
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 3
    FIFA 19's gameplay is awful offline in Career Mode. That is why I started playing it online about a month ago, but unfortunately it's bad online also, but in a different way.

I don't think it's the worst FIFA ever because it has a lot of gameplay elements that previous FIFA's lacked, but still the gameplay is awful. The game speed is fast, the players are like feather lightweight, passing/shooting is overly assisted and the GK's are sloppy and fragile. Those factors combined means that it feels like there can be a goal at any moment. The gameplay has no robustness or real build-up. It's just end to end mush with both teams constantly trying to score a goal on the break.

If EA built on the good aspects of FIFA 19 then they could create a good football game, but they seem to be trying to make the gameplay like FUT.
  • Kurtz
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Biggest pile of **** **** I've ever played in any mode and the reason why I've canceled my origin sub and encouraging friends to do also. Support these crooks and their mediocre self serving public sucking money train... and if you forgive the literal expression, pack of stealing ****.
  • Nikasnakasnokas
    68 posts Park Captain
    My mate beat me 5 nil then I beat him 4 nil in the next game. On fifa 17 I beat him convincingly every single game but on 19 it's pure luck. No skill at all and those bloody through balls lol.
  • Rossi1000
    edited April 3
    My mate beat me 5 nil then I beat him 4 nil in the next game. On fifa 17 I beat him convincingly every single game but on 19 it's pure luck. No skill at all and those bloody through balls lol.

Fifa 19 trying to cater for all ages and gamers doesn’t work nothing to master just way to much in game interference
  • Nikasnakasnokas
    68 posts Park Captain
    That's right pal nothing to master I totally agree. On 17 it took me months to master precision dribbling as it was very op when mastered. On 19 though I just feel like the games in control and not me.
  • Rossi1000
    edited April 3
    That in game interference where you win one and lose the next because it’s clearly out of your control is why I always question big win streaks fifa 19 is pretty much dictating the gameplay for you so how without **** connection or lagging can you go on 50 game unbeaten runs against the gameplay engine that is in control of the outcome ?

Take something like pes 6 game came out completed no patching because you couldn’t and you had to master it glitches or not you still had to master it and once you did the skilful gamer took the result based on level of gamer ability not game engine interference playing a dead pass that turns into a goal and there only shot all game and you lose 1-0 after having 18 shots and running the game .... that is just criminal gaming experience we are all paying £60 a year for lol
  • dokoto7
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 6
    I agree with the other comments. In Fifa 17 and 18 as you said, I had to practice the finesse shot couple of moths and the tricks and everything, and the updates were just a little adjustments, now every update is totally different from the previous. And all the previous trainings and adjustments begin from the beginning, no development, everything starts from zero point. I used to beat one of my friends 4 and more gals using skills and practice, now he just gets Virgil and everything goes to the trash I make 10-15 shoots +, he makes 4 and beats me (he plays withe the arrows not the analog stick). They made the game pas-pas-pas-shoot, and lob passes on first post. Most of the shots are blocked. the gameplay and idea is obvious, that everybody can beat everybody, and i think this makes the game uninteresting, all you need is luck...
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    Not sure if it is the worst ever, but it is the worst version under the Frostbite engine.
  • Gunin
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    It ain't you bro.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    I judge games by their longevity.

I got into FIFA because of FIFA16. It was awesome. I played 10 seasons in a row on multiple occasions. The game was just random and the play felt free.

Off the back of the success of FIFA16, I bought FIFA17. That too had longevity although it was less fun than 16. Still when FIFA18 came out I skipped it because there were no fouls. This meant that I played FIFA17 for 2 years and actually had my longest ever Career Mode making it to 15 seasons.

I bought FIFA19 because I wanted to fresh things up but I have struggled to get past one season. Every season is a chore and eventually something really annoys me and I quit.

While FIFA19 will have moments where the game is actually excellent, far too often it's just very frustrating. On the whole, looking at its longevity, FIFA19 is the worst FIFA I've played so far.
  • Jetwhitespurs
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Couldn't agree more with majority of comments above it's simply the worst Fifa game ever in regards to just how slapped together it is...so many bugs, glitches, problems with the server's, mistakes, missing players...Fifa 12,13,14 each year there was improvement over the previous version, 15 on the new machines (PS4 and Xbox One) was a start in the right direction but we were all told to wait a few years before we'd see the new games reach their potential, but while 16,17 were ok they weren't the leap forward we looking for then we get to 18 minus the glaring lack of attention to Career Mode it had only a few issues to complain about...now we have to contend with this dribble...I have always been able to play every version right up to the new version coming out but this year's game barely made a month and I was bored to the point I crossed to the dark side to play PES...I'm hoping that EA listen to the community and make massive changes and return Fifa to the top of the pile... There's only 2 football games out there and Fifa 19 doesn't even finish 2...it's a broken, battered pile of rubbish that if fixed has huge potential but for whatever reason it seems easier for EA to just distance themselves and not answer anyone's question's or implement anyone's ideas...
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa 19 requires zero football knowledge to comfortable compete at the game.

Shooting facing the wrong way, ‘timed shooting’ and AI defending are amongst the most ridiculous things about the game.

AI defending bugs me the most. You simply do not have to defend on a football game. It’s so **** stupid. It’s brainless coding.

Imagine playing golf and letting the AI putt or playing COD and letting the AI take the kill shot. It’s ridiculous how thick the developers are.
  • AI defending is the absolute worst as it rewards players for not playing.
    It's killing off any and all fun I might've had outside 11vs11 Pro clubs
  • Treble99MUFC
    46 posts Park Captain
    Online.. players running half paced every other pass goes to the opponent and that’s just the start ..squad battles everything works with no stress but boring at times
  • Rossi1000
    Currently the game is playing at its worst
  • worst game ever, my player are so stupid, passs to wick, run so slow, i think was only me but it happend a lot as i can see.
    also if i play with different account season 9 o 8 my player pass and run normally don't know why?...

• UEFA EURO 2000

The worst FIFA.

• Jetwhitespurs
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's a complete disgrace, the whole game is a shambles, just hit the post/crossbar 7 times out of 10 shots in the first half for no goals to my opponents 3 shots 3 goals...at the end of the game had 23 shots no goals opponents had only 1 shot in the second half and scored lost game 4-0... 4 goals from 4 shots to my 0 from 23 shots...yes this is football and it does happen but when it happens game after game after game it becomes totally unrealistic...as a Fifa fan I'm really hoping Career Mode is worked on for Fifa 20...as well as fixing all of these horrendous game play problems we are all having to endure at the moment...I'm optimistic about it but then again I may have to play PES on release date rather than Fifa this year...and I don't think I'll be the only one doing that???...
  • Rossi1000
    I had this last week 18 shots lost 1-0 lol real shocker

Tbf pes gameplay isn’t any better and hasn’t been for years
  • Cooler08
    It's a complete disgrace, the whole game is a shambles, just hit the post/crossbar 7 times out of 10 shots in the first half for no goals to my opponents 3 shots 3 goals...at the end of the game had 23 shots no goals opponents had only 1 shot in the second half and scored lost game 4-0... 4 goals from 4 shots to my 0 from 23 shots...yes this is football and it does happen but when it happens game after game after game it becomes totally unrealistic...as a Fifa fan I'm really hoping Career Mode is worked on for Fifa 20...as well as fixing all of these horrendous game play problems we are all having to endure at the moment...I'm optimistic about it but then again I may have to play PES on release date rather than Fifa this year...and I don't think I'll be the only one doing that???...

The game is awful. Today, in Division 4 online seasons, my players suddenly couldn't even shoot on target when being close in on goal. And this didn't just happen once or twice. It happened at least 5 matches in a row.

I see there is a free edition of PES on the PS Store called PES 2019 Lite. If that includes online play especially it might be worth trying before PES 2020.

• tanosar
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Fifa 19 un cesso, ora addirittura i players appena subiscono un gol staccano la connessione e così addio ai punti abilità, per cui addio anche all'avanzamento della divisione.... FATE QUALCOSA.....!!!!
  • McKrill
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is the worst game ever!
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game has released me from the prison that I was in and I'm finally allowed to win matches again.

Every so often I will go through periods where literally everything goes against me. I just scraped through a Champions League group where I couldn't get a win to save my life. I hit the post in nearly every game and my players were stuck in quick sand.

All of a sudden things have returned to "normal" and I'm back playing with freedom and scoring goals.

The really weird thing is I play in Exhibition Mode so it's not like there's some over-arching Career Mode storyline that could be imposed on me from on high.

When the game decides to handicap you it can be the most frustrating thing ever as the ball moves infuriatingly slowly and other players just stand completely still off the ball. When the game works with you it is actually pretty decent.
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    Turning normal?

And tomorrow it will be horrible.

It is just not fun, winning or losing. For FUT it is just a grind. Career mode could be fun but EA ignored it for ages, with a known issue to keep people from being able to process past a certain rating.

Just not acceptable by any measure.
  • Cooler08
    edited April 11
    The game has released me from the prison that I was in and I'm finally allowed to win matches again.

Every so often I will go through periods where literally everything goes against me. I just scraped through a Champions League group where I couldn't get a win to save my life. I hit the post in nearly every game and my players were stuck in quick sand.

All of a sudden things have returned to "normal" and I'm back playing with freedom and scoring goals.

The really weird thing is I play in Exhibition Mode so it's not like there's some over-arching Career Mode storyline that could be imposed on me from on high.

When the game decides to handicap you it can be the most frustrating thing ever as the ball moves infuriatingly slowly and other players just stand completely still off the ball. When the game works with you it is actually pretty decent.

That is the reason why I stopped playing Career Mode.

It's a long while since I played PES, but does PES 2019 have anything similar to the win/loss cycle in FIFA? I can't imagine it's so crude as it is in FIFA.

• Tzatziki78
    74 posts Park Captain
    One hundred percent it is...

I have played since 98 road to world cup, been addicted since.

FIFA 18 I started seeing a poor game too, but no doubt 19 is the worst ever made. It's a disgraceful game of sport
  • Daveangel
    81 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Everything about this game is getting worse the longer it’s out
    surely it should be getting better the longer they have to work on the game there online part of the game is simply unplayable and evrytime you complain they say the same **** steps like it’s your internet wen evryone knows it’s there game I won’t be getting 20 unless they can guarantee a game that is actually playable
  • Bakudu76
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    I dont know. But i am having more fun then ever. Only thing is that bothered me os pro Clubs. That they haven't touched it.
  • Nahuel90
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    worst fifa ever since the ps2 era
    the could have put more effort.
    remember the crazy overhead kicks the game had on release?
    the is the FIFA of Shame.