Bronze Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS *FINAL draft/Flint update*

Comments

• sned777
    10612 posts Has That Special Something
    Junior is on the other side of the argument though since he collects Eastern Europe IFs :D
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Where did Andy Williams go???
    He's only started from the bench in many games. His stats aren't too great either.

Think there are better options.
  • Hector Bellerin, he most be in it, he has been very consistent for Arsenal he even had a upgrade in january.
  • Dawud
    16013 posts World Class
    Mings just paid his Mother's debts, has to be a lock now
  • StaticVG
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yoshimos00 wrote: »
    Hector Bellerin, he most be in it, he has been very consistent for Arsenal he even had a upgrade in january.
    not enough games
  • Zz Spireiite x
    2210 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yoshimos00 wrote: »
    Hector Bellerin, he most be in it, he has been very consistent for Arsenal he even had a upgrade in january.

doesnt have to be in it though, does he?
  • Karlos
    24328 posts Club Captain
    That Mings would be OP.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    sned777 wrote: »
    Junior is on the other side of the argument though since he collects Eastern Europe IFs :D
    As I said before, i collect over 20+ nations. There are over a thousand players from those nations. Hard to pick every fight. I only try pick the right ones :wink:

• AleBig wrote: »
    Luca Rizzo (Sampdoria) he deserves a tots card!
    I'm agree with you, Luca Rizzo played very well
  • AleBig
    51 posts Park Captain
    simsieg wrote: »
    AleBig wrote: »
    Luca Rizzo (Sampdoria) he deserves a tots card!
    Not enough games.
    How many games are enough?
  • DanTFC
    1359 posts Professional
    Finley should be in over Dennehy, I dont think a poor league like Irish League deserves 2 representatives. And Finley been a revelation last season
  • Pubber
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    Martin Pusic (Danish superliga, FC Midtjylland)
    Pusic has 15 goals and 2 assists in 19 starts and 4 from the bench. Have been important for his clubs in both national and international competition. Has to be in there somewhere, deserves it more than Hvilsom to be honest.
  • donetts14
    62 posts Park Captain
    StaticVG wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Sim, you gotta be very careful with the Bonevacia versus Marinkovic discussions, because from what I am seeing, there are too many Dutch people on this thread promoting Bone, when it should be the Australians that make that choice.

If it makes you feel any better I'm Australian. As I've said a few times i still think Bonevacia has been better and more influential than Marinkovic.

How many Glory games have you watched out of curiosity?
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Pubber wrote: »
    Martin Pusic (Danish superliga, FC Midtjylland)
    Pusic has 15 goals and 2 assists in 19 starts and 4 from the bench. Have been important for his clubs in both national and international competition. Has to be in there somewhere, deserves it more than Hvilsom to be honest.
    Hvilsom's second highest scorer in the league from mostly the wing, for a newly promoted team though. Hard to take him out and can't fit both in.
  • BELLERIN Has been solid in filling in for Debuchy this season
  • StaticVG
    donetts14 wrote: »
    Sim, you gotta be very careful with the Bonevacia versus Marinkovic discussions, because from what I am seeing, there are too many Dutch people on this thread promoting Bone, when it should be the Australians that make that choice.

If it makes you feel any better I'm Australian. As I've said a few times i still think Bonevacia has been better and more influential than Marinkovic.

I watch as many A league games as i can if that answers your question.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Bateson made a video about these TOTS threads (which was horrendous btw), expecting an increase of drones asking for Bellerin in the next few hours.
  • donetts14
    62 posts Park Captain

Both are worthy candidates, as is Krishna. I believe Marinkovic is the worthiest one but at the end of the day, very happy for any A-League player to be in there B)
  • StaticVG

Both are worthy candidates, as is Krishna. I believe Marinkovic is the worthiest one but at the end of the day, very happy for any A-League player to be in there B)

Likewise, also glad about the 2 A League informs in this totw. got every single A league inform thus far.
  • CBrueggs15
    552 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Billy Dennehy played 2525 minutes last season according to (http://us.soccerway.com/players/billy-dennehy/74546/)

Which would put his Minutes per contribution at 105.2
  • JGomes
    5283 posts Big Money Move
    Nice draft Sim! Missing Bellerin imo, tbh, tho :joy:
  • Dawud
    16013 posts World Class
    simsieg wrote: »
    Bateson made a video about these TOTS threads (which was horrendous btw), expecting an increase of drones asking for Bellerin in the next few hours.

They will literally upload anything for money
  • DanTFC
    1359 posts Professional
    Has anyone even backed up Towell and Dennehy or are they in just for the stats? Dont see any other leagues having 2 players
  • Greg Stewart has to be in it look at his record. It's his first ever season playing full time.
  • Akinfenwa
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    @simsieg Why is Tubbs in there when I statistically proved he hasn't been consistent?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Marc Richards; Northampton ST
    As shown below Marc Richards has a goal every 135 minutes (top screenshot), so effectively that's a goal every game and a half, which means he gets a goal every 49 minutes before Tubbs (2nd screenshot) does in the League giving one reason why he should be in ahead of him.
    0qDAu0O.png
    OBrIke0.png

Although Tubbs has more goals in the league (1 more), Tubbs has also played 1,280 minutes more than Richards. If Richards had played these extra minutes (that Tubbs has) in theory he would've had 9 extra goals which would put him at 26 goals with 8 more goals than Tubbs and the leading goal scorer in League 2. Had he not been injured then the stats show us he would be the top League 2 goal scorer giving another reason for him..

Below this piece of text is how Richards goals are spread out, as you can see they are evenly spread out and he is consistent in scoring goals. The most games Richards goes without scoring is 2 as opposed to Tubbs who's gone 6 games without scoring/assisting.
    lIxCVEA.png
    Below here is how Tubbs goals are spread out. Compared to Richards his goals aren't as evenly spread out. As it shows a lot of his goals were from early on, I decided to work out what percentage of his goals were from the first half and 12 out of his 18 goals were from the first half of the season which is 60%.
    HxUvujA.png

Consistency is the main thing about this thread as indicated by the title and judging by the patterns of how goals or assists are spread Richards is consistent and more so than Tubbs as well as other candidates. (I didn't screen shot them as I didn't want to make this too long, but it needed I would provide screen shots as soon as I can)

Despite Richards missing 14 games (about a third of Northampton's games) he has contributed 30% of their goals. Had he not scored his goals I worked that instead of Northampton being in a playoff hunt, they would instead be in a relegation battle. The 12 less points they had would leave them 20th in the league and in a relegation dogfight and just 6 points away from the relegation zones. When Richards does play Northampton have a win rate of 40% in the league, and when Richards doesn't play Northampton have a win rate of 36% showing he does have an impact on how Northampton play. This shows Richards does have an impact and Northampton play better when he's fit providing another reason for,

From the spreadsheet I saw Richards has a contribution every 127.28 minutes which is better than other League 2 striker candidates such as Tubbs (every 139.20 minutes) Cureton (every 137.26) and also he has a contribution more often than McLeod (every 133.5 minutes). In addition to having a better contribution than other UK candidates he also has a better minutes per goal ratio (Richards is 134.76 minutes) than Tubbs (183.16 minutes), Cureton (185.71 minutes) and McLeod (170.39 minutes). For strikers these are the main things they should be assessed on and compared to other UK League 2 candidates his minute per contribution/goal he is second to none which shows he deserves a spot.

His total goals/assists may not be the best but that's because he has been injured this season but the stats show that when he has played not only has he been consistent, but also he has contributed more than other candidates to goals/contribution a game. I feel like Richards has been forgotten and despite not quite having enough goals as Tubbs (nearly does, only 1 less) he isn't considered. Btw I'm not even a Northampton fan and as I don't support any team in League 2 am a neutral for his league so I hope this proves Richards does deserve a spot ahead of Tubbs or at least shows he should be considered.
  • Karlos
    24328 posts Club Captain
    Akinfenwa wrote: »
    @simsieg Why is Tubbs in there when I statistically proved he hasn't been consistent?

Not like Akinfenwa.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    DanTFC wrote: »
    Has anyone even backed up Towell and Dennehy or are they in just for the stats? Dont see any other leagues having 2 players
    Both have been backed up in here. Towell also won POTY for the 2014 season.

Also have a closer look then...
  • DanTFC
    1359 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    CBrueggs15 wrote: »
    Billy Dennehy played 2525 minutes last season according to (http://us.soccerway.com/players/billy-dennehy/74546/)

Which would put his Minutes per contribution at 105.2

Good find
    I dont think any league should have 2 representatives unless its UK
    espeically a poor league like the Irish where its pretty much only bronze players so Its not like they are playing above their abilities.
  • Eddieww
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As a Portsmouth fan I agree entirely with @LaMertesackerRun

Tubbs has not been consistent and definitely does not warrant a place over Richards at least. In fact, if there was a Bronze most inconsistent TOTY I would've suggested him in that. I'll let his post do the talking though