Why do you buy FIFA Points? (Keep it serious, please)

Comments

• Pooter
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    dabeags wrote: »
    Because I'm an adult and a couple hundred bucks for hours of entertainment is a great value.

I have no idea why people get worked up over people buying Fifa Points. Granted, I am not spending thousands, but it doesn't even register in the top 100 trivial things I spend money on.

I see this as cheap thrills, I need a social life rather than sitting next to my console and monitor
  • nightscrawler
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When there are promotion and i would like to build a basic team in the early game stage.
  • VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't gamble for the same reasons i never got into drugs. It is
    • addictive
    • expensive
    • anti social in the end
    • causes the breakdown of relationships
    • illegal in a lot of cases especially for minors

On this game franchise in particular, i have played it since inception, through it's peak and the early days of it's demise and I became aware of the fact that the gameplay itself is now designed to make you want to gamble.

It is the nicotine for microtransactions
  • QceCapo
    5604 posts Big Money Move
    I haven't in a few years. Realized it was a waste....I enjoy the grind now actually for the most part.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    im never considered myself MUCH of a gambler but i play poker every week with my boys.

i usually start out buying fp every so often for the first month or so.

then i'll drop some more around black fri and then some more for tots.

ive had the same team for MONTHS. i upgrade what i can when i can.
  • TheMightyBee
    2350 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used to buy them but this year the packs are so poor there isn't even any excitement in opening a 125k pack, it's literally pointless.

SBC are far more fun, opening the packs from the league SBCs etc.

• FaBioSo
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 9
    Because I'm an adult and a couple hundred bucks for hours of entertainment is a great value.

I have no idea why people get worked up over people buying Fifa Points. Granted, I am not spending thousands, but it doesn't even register in the top 100 trivial things I spend money on.

Go to the club and get some bi*ches
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    I could afford to buy FB as I've got a solid job and income and have done in the past. This year however I've chosen not to give EA any more monry for a broken game they don't deserve.

It's not that I'd be greedy, I'm paying for multiple simracing subscriptions that I haven't touched in a while, but they make a ton of effort on their games even tho they got a lomited budget compared to EA and the community is the best and most respectful there is..
  • Salvatori
    1269 posts Professional
    FaBioSo wrote: »

Dude have you seen some of the gf;s of popular FIfa streamer / YT guys? When did sad geeky suddenly get sexy....... :D
  • Destin8or
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Salvatori wrote: »

Dude have you seen some of the gf;s of popular FIfa streamer / YT guys? When did sad geeky suddenly get sexy....... :D
    Around the same time they started to make £££
  • FaBioSo
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Salvatori wrote: »

That guy ain’t a streamer tho lol. He a regular dude. There’s a difference. Tbh I’ve had better girls.
  • HullCity1904
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have bought fifa points because i'm terrible at coin management. I don't have the time or patience to trade properly. So sometimes i want aa card, and i dont want to grind for it, so my only real option is fifa points.

also the feeling of packing a card vs buying that card after grinding for the coins... not the same at all
  • FCBlunt
    2790 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because I wanted to make a competetive team.