Premier league TOTS ANNOUNCED TODAY! Review/chat thread.

Comments

• ScruffyDogBurger
    2967 posts Fans' Favourite
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    If Pogba gets in it just shows EA pick players to sell packs.

But they do
  • WFCBagnall
    67133 posts Moderator
    Wan-Bissaka starting at right back.

Reserves :lol:

Best defender in Europe.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    Nem wrote: »
    Allison/Foster

Robinson/Kolasinac

Van Dijk/Laporte/Vertoghen/Sokratis

Wan Bissaka/???

B.Silva/D.Silva/Fernandinho/Rice

Sterling/Hazard/Mane/Son

Aguero/Kane/Aubameyang/Lacazette

Not sure on my wildcard for the 23rd player and who I'd have as the second RB but other than that, looking good.

Doherty
  • RBailss
    10959 posts Has That Special Something
    Would like to see Dubravka get in TOTS MC but I think your PL team is pretty much spot on.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Best defender in Europe.

Stats-wise yes :)
  • WFCBagnall
    67133 posts Moderator
    Hopefully Tots MC is scrapped.

Cba with every player getting a rerelease.
  • Nem
    5724 posts Big Money Move
    Allison/Foster

Robinson/Kolasinac

Wan Bissaka/???

Sterling/Hazard/Mane/Son

Not sure on my wildcard for the 23rd player and who I'd have as the second RB but other than that, looking good.

Ryan Babel :trollface:

Knew I could count on you 😘
  • BrentfordFC
    10326 posts Has That Special Something

Don’t be biased
  • TakeItSlow
    4517 posts National Call-Up

You’re like a Scruffy dog burger with a bone. He deserves to be in the squad.
  • Nem

You opened up a can of worms with your constant demands for more content ;)
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

You’re like a Scruffy dog burger with a bone. He deserves to be in the squad.

What a weird post
  • WFCBagnall
    67133 posts Moderator

You opened up a can of worms with your constant demands for more content ;)

It'd be fine if they released a team of players at the end that were worthy, but just missed out. I think absolutely everyone would agree on that.
  • BrentfordFC
    Allison/Foster

Robinson/Kolasinac

Wan Bissaka/???

Sterling/Hazard/Mane/Son

Ryan Babel :trollface:

Knew I could count on you 😘

Plays for the best team ever mert.
  • Nem
    Allison/Foster

Robinson/Kolasinac

Wan Bissaka/???

Sterling/Hazard/Mane/Son

Doherty

Doherty's a good shout.

As for my wildcard I'm thinking Rashford or Fraser.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    Allison/Foster

Robinson/Kolasinac

Wan Bissaka/???

Sterling/Hazard/Mane/Son

Doherty

As for my wildcard I'm thinking Rashford or Fraser.

Pogba :trollface:
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner
    12532872-BE00-41-A6-8-A84-EB371-E6-CF259.jpg

Imagine thinking these stats aren’t good enough for a TOTS from a CM.
  • TakeItSlow
    edited April 4
    Couchy wrote: »

Imagine thinking a TEAM OF THE SEASON is deserved after playing well for 4 months of THE SEASON.

You cannot justify or spin it in any way to make him worthy of some of the other players mentioned who have performed overnight the whole season.

Also backing the point even further and why I didn’t put Salah in is because he’s been woeful in the bigger games this season. Pogba has been similar in that regard as well.
  • BrentfordFC

But can he do it on a cold Wednesday night in stoke? :trollface:
  • Ian_Ando08
    6837 posts Big Money Move

Imagine thinking a TEAM OF THE SEASON is deserved after playing well for 4 months of THE SEASON.

You cannot justify or spin it in any way to make him worthy of some of the other players mentioned who have performed overnight the whole season.

Also backing the point even further and why I didn’t put Salah in is because he’s been woeful in the bigger games this season. Pogba has been similar in that regard as well.

but pogba has the best stats for a cm as in goals and assists this season? he should be in
  • WFCBagnall
    67133 posts Moderator
    Pogba probably shouldn't be in if it's based on a TEAM OF THE SEASON, but he will be, so 🤷‍♂️
  • TakeItSlow
    edited April 4
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

but pogba has the best stats for a cm as in goals and assists this season? he should be in

I’m sticking by my point no opinion will change that. You shouldn’t get into a team of the season by playing 4 months worth of good football.

Aubameyang had some of the best stats in the league in his 4 month stint with us after we signed him in January. Did he deserve to get in based on stats? Yes. Did he deserve to get in based on it being team of the whole season? No.

It depends who’s spot Pogba takes. Definitely doesn’t deserve to be in ahead of any of the starting 11 I put down.
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner

Oh boy... he’s got the capitals involved. **** getting serious now...

Right so he didn’t score in the opening two games of the season and he didn’t have 3 goals and 3 assists in the first 10 games of the season? You think every player you’ve picked hasn’t had a run of average games!? The only person who hasn’t is VVD.

Let’s compare him to 2 players in his position who you’ve picked ahead of him.

2-D4-E2-CFB-FAF9-4-E2-B-AEAE-1-BA6055-A6-EC3.jpg

5-B4-B66-EB-6579-49-FF-88-B6-6-CE3-CE76-E5-A0.jpg

More goal contributions than both, higher average rating than both, less games under a score rating of 7 than both. Yet Pogba is the one who hasn’t done it over the season!? You haven’t got a clue.
  • TakeItSlow

Right so he didn’t score in the opening two games of the season and he didn’t have 3 goals and 3 assists in the first 10 games of the season? You think every player you’ve picked hasn’t had a run of average games!? The only person who hasn’t is VVD.

More goal contributions than both, higher average rating than both, less games under a score rating of 7 than both. Yet Pogba is the one who hasn’t done it over the season!? You haven’t got a clue.

I’m not quite sure why you’re suggesting that goals/assists = TOTS worthy. Salah has 17 goals in the league and he wouldn’t be anywhere near my team.

It’s about watching games and seeing who’s performed best. Bernardo Silva is arguably a candidate for POTY, he has been incredible for city and played most of their games. Which is tough for a midfielder at Manchester City.

I know you’re biased and you love your player, that’s fair enough, but performance wise he does not deserve to be in and that’s a fact.

Salah this season is proof that stats mean nothing for the most part.
  • TakeItSlow
    Campino wrote: »
    Dab boy sells packs so he will be in

TAA & Robertson have more assists this season than Pogba, Martial and linguard combined

However I feel like I need one of those spreadsheet things to justify my point

I was actually thinking TAA deserves a spot but thought I’d spread the love in the defence ;)

Didn’t even put Torreira in, proud of myself. He’s dropped off a bit recently and the red card the other day didn’t help. Think he could be in with a shout of the 24th player in objectives tho.
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner

I’m not quite sure why you’re suggesting that goals/assists = TOTS worthy. Salah has 17 goals in the league and he wouldn’t be anywhere near my team.

It’s about watching games and seeing who’s performed best. Bernardo Silva is arguably a candidate for POTY, he has been incredible for city and played most of their games. Which is tough for a midfielder at Manchester City.

I know you’re biased and you love your player, that’s fair enough, but performance wise he does not deserve to be in and that’s a fact.

Salah this season is proof that stats mean nothing for the most part.

Well if you had a team full of strikers then yes Salah would get in with 17 goals wouldn’t he but that’s not how you pick a team.

Comparing Pogba to his positional players then his stats are far superior. Oh and no one is arguing Bernardo Silva shouldn’t be in it so don’t know why you’re bringing him up. Why don’t you comment on the facts that I presented to you!?

What you are doing would actually be called an opinion...
  • Joestoe
    3463 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    Even Stevie Wonder could tell you that Silva has been better than Pogba, stats and WhoScored ratings don’t mean much

Yet EA seems to rather base their selections on data than on actual performances.
  • Shshj
    2938 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did we get to choose the MC team last year or did they scrap it to do it themselves? Can't remember.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1174 posts Professional
    Say what you want but i would be incredibly surprised if pogba and rashford don't get in.