Juan Roman Riquelme Icon in the Fifa 20

Ramaven
4 posts Ball Boy

I think that 50% of Argentines would only buy Fifa 20 with icons that represent us. As for the current icons, only Maradona is an icon that represents Argentina.
The Pupi Zanetti is also but very little. Batistuta was undoubtedly more than Crespo, Verón for the Argentinians is English.
It's not in FIFA Di Stefano that he won 5 champions with Real Madrid.
The truth is that the Argentine icons leave much to be desired, and since they do not have the license of Boca Juniors, the minimum they should do is place an icon that represents the fans of Boca so they want to buy FIFA 20. Riquelme is undoubtedly , who will even make their farewell at the end of this year.

Comments

• holdenwait
    54415 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Batistuta first
    no excuses >:)
  • Ramaven
    4 posts Ball Boy
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Batistuta first

Batistuta and Riquelme Yes or yes. We must all insist so listen
  • Aspas10
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ramaven wrote: »
    Batistuta first

Think Batistuta is signed with PES. Love Riquelme though(he was my ict password at school)
  • gorillabear
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 3
    Aspas10 wrote: »
    Batistuta first

Think Batistuta is signed with PES. Love Riquelme though(he was my ict password at school)

One of the first jerseys I bought was the 2006 Argentina kit for the World Cup with Riquelme on the back. I contemplated Messi but he was teenager with a handful of caps and I didn't know if he'd end up being good or fading out so I stuck with someone a little more established lol
  • Purplejacket
    2374 posts Fans' Favourite
    I dont understand the requelme as an icon argument, yes he was good and i watched him all my life, but hes no where the dinhos r9s van bastens gullits etc of the world. Crespo was a goal scoring machine. What did requelme exaxtly do to deserve an icon card? Even inzaghi had more impact ttheir teams than requelme. He was a gloridied #10 that can dribble and pass, but went missing for 89 minutes.
  • Vaaass
    2569 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure he deserves an icon card, I mean he never actually won any big trophies did he? Could be argued you don't need trophies to win an icon, but when you compare him to the other icons in this game and what they won, he'd be nowhere near
  • Purplejacket
    2374 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vaaass wrote: »
    Not sure he deserves an icon card, I mean he never actually won any big trophies did he? Could be argued you don't need trophies to win an icon, but when you compare him to the other icons in this game and what they won, he'd be nowhere near

Thank you!
  • CfcBlue
    3396 posts National Call-Up
    You argentinians consider yourself Europeans anyway sooooo...
  • Ramaven
    4 posts Ball Boy

As for the Spanish league I take Villarreal to an unthinkable place, being the best foreign player of the season.
    With Boca Juniors Riquelme won 3 Libertadores Cups (the Libertadores is more difficult than winning the Champions League) and came out as World Champion. The Libertadores of 2007 won it alone. He is the greatest idol of the most important club in America, of Boca Juniors (more beloved than Diego Armando Maradona himself), I think that says it all.
  • Antiseen
    1223 posts Professional
    edited April 3

As for the Spanish league I take Villarreal to an unthinkable place, being the best foreign player of the season.
    With Boca Juniors Riquelme won 3 Libertadores Cups (the Libertadores is more difficult than winning the Champions League) and came out as World Champion. The Libertadores of 2007 won it alone. He is the greatest idol of the most important club in America, of Boca Juniors (more beloved than Diego Armando Maradona himself), I think that says it all.

Argentinian icon? Yes. International icon? No.

Deserves to get an icon card? No. Same with nakata I’d say.
  • Gav037
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Of course Riquelme is an option, but there are a lot more Argentinian playes that could make the cut: Redondo, Batistuta, Aimar, Simeone, even Kempes.

Would love to see more Argentinian and South American Icons, maybe Francescolli, Valderrama, Asprilla, Forlan...
  • KinggHuss
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol @ the people saying Riquelme is not icon worthy ..... obviously never seen him play!

Riquelme was absolute madness back in the day
  • Ramaven
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Gav037 wrote: »
    Of course Riquelme is an option, but there are a lot more Argentinian playes that could make the cut: Redondo, Batistuta, Aimar, Simeone, even Kempes.

Would love to see more Argentinian and South American Icons, maybe Francescolli, Valderrama, Asprilla, Forlan...

I agree with Redondo, Batistuta, Kempes ... But Aimar and Simeone did not win even half that Riquelme (Veron much less and is an icon), even as players were nothing next to how different Riquelme was. Aimar is even one of my idols, as it is Messi and Riquelme, but it does not reach the heels.
    Riquelme was a unique and special player, a pity that they could not see it and appreciate those who comment that it should not be an icon, for something is more idol than the best player in history with Messi (Maradona), for Boca fans Juniors.
  • MaddMike3711
    10797 posts Has That Special Something
    I would LOVE Riquelme. I remember watching him live at La Bombonera towards the end of his career, and he was still a class player. :)
  • KING_HENKE
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People saying Riquelme isn’t an icon probably think Ashley Cole is the greatest left back of a time and Henry is the most exciting player to grace the earth. Basically EPL children and tourist EPL Americans.
  • Gav037

I agree with Redondo, Batistuta, Kempes ... But Aimar and Simeone did not win even half that Riquelme (Veron much less and is an icon), even as players were nothing next to how different Riquelme was. Aimar is even one of my idols, as it is Messi and Riquelme, but it does not reach the heels.
    Riquelme was a unique and special player, a pity that they could not see it and appreciate those who comment that it should not be an icon, for something is more idol than the best player in history with Messi (Maradona), for Boca fans Juniors.

I agree about Riquelme’s level been higher than most of those guys. I’ve been an argentinian team fan since for ever (the first match I watched on tv as a kid was the Copa America final that they won againste Mexico). But what bothers me about Riquelme is that you didn’t see that hunger to win when he played, he could have been soooo much more with a little more effort from him.
  • kcichris
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 3
    redondo > batistuta > riquelme tbh
  • Gav037
    kcichris wrote: »
    redondo > batistuta > riquelme tbh
    Aside from Messi and Maradona, those are probably the best 3 argentinian players I’ve seen play.
    3 very different players and amazing in their position
  • amit37
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Juan Pablo Sorín!!

Juan Pablo Sorín (born 5 May 1976) is an Argentine former footballer and current sports broadcaster, who played as a left-back or left midfielder. He had a successful club career in his native Argentina with River Plate, in Brazil with Cruzeiro, and with various teams in Europe, including Barcelona, Lazio, Paris Saint-Germain and Villarreal. At international level, he represented the Argentina national team at two FIFA World Cups, and was the captain of Argentine side at the 2006 FIFA World Cup; he also represented his nation in two editions of Copa América, and the 2005 FIFA Confederations Cup
  • Gav037
    amit37 wrote: »
    Juan Pablo Sorín!!

Juan Pablo Sorín (born 5 May 1976) is an Argentine former footballer and current sports broadcaster, who played as a left-back or left midfielder. He had a successful club career in his native Argentina with River Plate, in Brazil with Cruzeiro, and with various teams in Europe, including Barcelona, Lazio, Paris Saint-Germain and Villarreal. At international level, he represented the Argentina national team at two FIFA World Cups, and was the captain of Argentine side at the 2006 FIFA World Cup; he also represented his nation in two editions of Copa América, and the 2005 FIFA Confederations Cup

Juanpi, amazing player, could run the whole match without stop, but not quite at the top level. It’s like thinking in Kili Gonzalez or “Piojo” Lopez, they were amazing but there were better players

• Ramaven
    4 posts Ball Boy

I agree about Riquelme’s level been higher than most of those guys. I’ve been an argentinian team fan since for ever (the first match I watched on tv as a kid was the Copa America final that they won againste Mexico). But what bothers me about Riquelme is that you didn’t see that hunger to win when he played, he could have been soooo much more with a little more effort from him.

I think it was not simply for not giving money to journalism or not meet their tastes to speak well of him and not criticize or invent things.
    He thinks that he only, until his retirement, won more Libertadores Cups than the own River Plate club, being the figure of the team in all the cups he won, and I do not lie when I say that the Libertadores of 2007 won it alone. I invite you to watch the matches or summaries of the matches of that historic cup.
  • holdenwait
    54415 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    KING_HENKE wrote: »
    People saying Riquelme isn’t an icon probably think Ashley Cole is the greatest left back of a time and Henry is the most exciting player to grace the earth. Basically EPL children and tourist EPL Americans.

no need to dis Henry to make a point tbg
  • smcali23
    1185 posts Professional

Dude, no way boca fans love Riquelme more than Maradona. What are you smoking?

• Royboy
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’d love to see Riquelme but I feel like his stats won’t be good or he would feel like Kroos due to his play style.
  • torakun
    1491 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ardiles.. Ayala.. Kempes..

beside the obvious batistuta. Kempes with his height, and speed it would be great addition..
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    Riquelme was a fantastic players , a pure playmaker . I do however think he would be terrible on FIFA . Your looking at poor physical and pace stats with high 90s in passing stats and some dribbling stats
  • ektwp
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Juan Roman Riquelme is one of the best players on the world.. FIFA add Riquelme
  • RayS
    24960 posts Player of the Year
    Ohhhh... Is that why Boca is called "Buenos Aires" with a different logo this FUT?
  • Ishibum
    11903 posts Has That Special Something
    Send Riquelme, Batigol, and, Redondo to El Cuartito. Whoever eats the most pizza gets an icon card
  • MaddMike3711
    10797 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 26
    RayS wrote: »
    Ohhhh... Is that why Boca is called "Buenos Aires" with a different logo this FUT?
    @RayS yes, and they excluded my personal favorite stadium on the game.

La Bombonera, the atmosphere of watching a game in there isn’t comparable to any other football stadium in the world imo.