Fight Club |UFC|Boxing|

Comments

• Reus
    23592 posts Club Captain
    Baraboza vs gaethje this weekend

Bookies favour edson, but I think gaethje has the perfect style to beat edson

He has excellent cardio plus fights at a very high pace

If edson doesn't land something huge early I can see him getting tired and gaethje finishing him in the later rounds

With gaethje though it is surely a matter of time until his chin completely gives up, he blocks way way too many striker with his face
  • Phyan
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reus wrote: »
    To be an all time great you need to have multiple title defences

Longevity is what truly seperates the best from others

That doesn't mean Conor wasnt very very good though, obviously he was
    Dan2501 wrote: »
    i knew CMG was a phony after skinny **** diaz battered him to pieces. Khabib completely exposed him and now hes gone.

Define phony. He got beat by Khabib, but Khabib is the most dominant lightweight ever, so hardly a big knock on Conor that he lost to him, and he was hardly exposed, as its not like there are many other guys in MMA who can do what Khabib does. He holds wins over Aldo, Holloway, Poirier, Mendes, Diaz and Alvarez. He's still a top tier mixed martial artist, which people seem to have forgotten in his absence. He's a **** admittedly, and his actions out of the cage have made me go off him significantly in the last 18 months, but lets not get it twisted, he was still a 2-weight World Champion and has beaten everyone he's faced in the UFC apart from Khabib.

Phony - Ronda rousey and CMG. two of the most overhyped pampered UFC stars ever. As soon as they stepped up in competition they got battered. Two division champ you say? awesome, but how many titles defenses did he have? Aldo defended his title for years and years , halloway is showing hes a true champ by defending his belt, mayweather defended his titles for decades. Those are " champs" ..... these two are more of a dana white reality show that came to a halt when reality was exposed. Defined

Getting beat by Khabib is hardly anything to be ashamed of, he has the perfect style and lets face it is just the better mma fighter. Again nothing to be ashamed of nobody at 155 has anything for Khabib bar maybe Tony.

That 1 loss doesn’t or shouldn't define years of a career that had some very good wins.
  • Hicksy2011
    19026 posts World Class
    edited March 2019
    Loool doubting Ronda
    She was clearly the best for a decent length of time
    She’d lose now but in 10 years time all the WMMA fighters will make the current ones look trash so if you’re taking that logic then just write off Nunes while you’re at it
    Can only fight what’s in front of you and she destroyed everyone up to the Holm fight
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    lol dont know whats worse the CMG apologists or the rondas.... whatever not worth replying to it. good riddance to both. Phonys never last long in combat sports. Cya!
  • Phyan
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    lol dont know whats worse the CMG apologists or the rondas.... whatever not worth replying to it. good riddance to both. Phonys never last long in combat sports. Cya!

You're a strange bloke Joe. I have never quite understood how you have such hatred towards CMG and Dana yet don't even like the sport
    They've been trying to sell for a while now apparently, don't think it's a rush job. If it's true (Dana has already denied it) then Dana is more than likely gone 9% of $3/4 billion yeah he isn't staying, Rogan possibly retiring too :s . Say what you want about them, but if they left you're going to miss them.

no, I wont because I don't watch UFC... matter of fact I don't like it. Im boxing fan, never cared for dudes rolling on the floor hugging each other. White and the fertittas are just getting some karma thrown there way for under paying there fighters. and honestly, if I was a ufc fan dana white would be the last guy I miss. From what I have seen he chooses favorites and gives special treatment to them. Its a sinking ship and white is the cause of it... I think the fertittas finally had enough and said there cashing out, looks like there not pleased with how hes been runnin the company.

• RandomLhama83
    Phyan wrote: »

You're a strange bloke Joe. I have never quite understood how you have such hatred towards CMG and Dana yet don't even like the sport
    They've been trying to sell for a while now apparently, don't think it's a rush job. If it's true (Dana has already denied it) then Dana is more than likely gone 9% of $3/4 billion yeah he isn't staying, Rogan possibly retiring too :s . Say what you want about them, but if they left you're going to miss them.

no, I wont because I don't watch UFC... matter of fact I don't like it. Im boxing fan, never cared for dudes rolling on the floor hugging each other. White and the fertittas are just getting some karma thrown there way for under paying there fighters. and honestly, if I was a ufc fan dana white would be the last guy I miss. From what I have seen he chooses favorites and gives special treatment to them. Its a sinking ship and white is the cause of it... I think the fertittas finally had enough and said there cashing out, looks like there not pleased with how hes been runnin the company.

lul must have struck a nerve to quote something back from that long. :D
  • Phyan
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

lul must have struck a nerve to quote something back from that long. :D

:D no. Last week when you started listing off your favourite fighters and they where all strong wrestlers i just remembered that conversation we had and thought hang on a second this was the same guy that said that.... wasn't sure if it was you or that Ash fella so went back to check. Guess a lot changes in 2 years eh Joe? :D
  • krakos000
    18067 posts World Class
    Bones vs Santos
    Holm vs Nunes
    Cejudo vs Moraes
    Woodley vs Lawler

Seeing that all of these are announced
  • Phyan
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Bones vs Santos
    Holm vs Nunes
    Cejudo vs Moraes
    Woodley vs Lawler

Ridiculous set of fights there, not 1 bad fight. UFC match making deserve a pat on the back for that lot.
  • krakos000
    18067 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Bones vs Santos
    Holm vs Nunes
    Cejudo vs Moraes
    Woodley vs Lawler

Ridiculous set of fights there, not 1 bad fight. UFC match making deserve a pat on the back for that lot.

We'll see which ones actually end up happening ;)
  • RandomLhama83
    wat happen to boorachinga? his camp has gone silent.
  • Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    So pleased Marreta is getting a title shot. I just hope he fights how he's capable of and doesn't show up gun-shy and tentative. He's got a hell of a chin, as he proved against Manuwa and brutal, brutal power, he just needs to let it go. He tends to not do it in the big fights though, he was real tentative first round against Blachowicz and was losing that fight until he finally woke up in the 3rd. Hope he doesn't come out like that against Jones, he needs to go at him.
  • RollsReus
    1809 posts Play-Off Hero
    He was rattled before the Aldo fight, obsessed since he was sparked.
    Baraboza vs gaethje this weekend

Bookies favour edson, but I think gaethje has the perfect style to beat edson

He has excellent cardio plus fights at a very high pace

If edson doesn't land something huge early I can see him getting tired and gaethje finishing him in the later rounds

With gaethje though it is surely a matter of time until his chin completely gives up, he blocks way way too many striker with his face
    Gaethje should win. Barboza struggles against pressure fighters and has a suspect chin. I'm expecting a highlight from 'The Highlight'.
  • RandomLhama83
    marrete is goin to destroy phyans favorite bones jones..... another one going down. :D
  • Phyan
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    marrete is goin to destroy phyans favorite bones jones..... another one going down. :D

:D ok we'll see..... Santos is gonna gas it's inevitable. When Jon survives it's going to be along night for him. Easy 50-45 or ref stoppage.
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    239 is shaping up to be card of the year.
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Had that 29-28 for Borg, how someone scored that 30-27 Kenney I have no idea :joy:

• Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some horrible scoring going about tonight, doubt we've even seen the worst of it yet.
  • Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    What a ko from Emmett
  • Nem
    8041 posts League Winner
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    What a ko from Emmett

I only caught the prelims. Green looked impressive in his victory over Pearson.
  • Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    Oof. Justin Gaethje again, what a savage. Love watching that dude fight, superb performance. Great comeback from him in his last 2 after back-to-back defeats.
  • Reus
    23592 posts Club Captain
    edited March 2019
    What a fun fight to watch

Them trading leg kicks at the start was old school

Made me think of don Frye and that guy trading punches in the clinch
  • cmm_1991
    2384 posts Fans' Favourite
    What a fun fight to watch

Them trading leg kicks at the start was old school

Made me think of don Frye and that guy trading punches in the clinch

That don Frye fight will never be topped
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just seen the Alvarez fight, if there was ever a time to call it quits it is that, He has more heart than an actual chin :joy:
  • Pughy30
    29802 posts Player of the Year
    Someone is gonna get killed in this rivalry
  • RandomLhama83
    build up for the rematch.... bet whites behind all of it.
  • RandomLhama83
    Pughy30 wrote: »

not guna lie, thats pretty funny... :D
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    6401 posts Big Money Move
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Someone is gonna get killed in this rivalry

I do agree, it’s getting out of hand.
  • Low Ki
    13950 posts Has That Special Something
    It didn't get out of hand when he riled up his fanbase against Khabib by using terrorist slurs on his family?

About time the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ talker gets a taste of his own medicine.