Addition of Scottish icon

Now this has really being playing on my mind, why is there no Scottish Icons?, I personally think there are a few former Scottish player that are deserved an icon card. The one I would like to see is Archie gemmel due to him winning the European cup and three premier league titles also scoring possibly the best goal in World Cup history against Holland so ea please take this into consideration, thank you

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12365 posts Has That Special Something
    Its a disgrace that were the only home nation without an icon
  • smcali23
    1128 posts Professional
    Now this has really being playing on my mind, why is there no Scottish Icons?, I personally think there are a few former Scottish player that are deserved an icon card. The one I would like to see is Archie gemmel due to him winning the European cup and three premier league titles also scoring possibly the best goal in World Cup history against Holland so ea please take this into consideration, thank you

I agree with you about the fact there should be a Scottish icon or two, but Archie Gemmil's goal possibly the best on world cup history? Come on dude
  • holdenwait
    52996 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    could use some Dalglish ngl
  • mufcscott__
    445 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ally McCoist needs an icon card
  • ngern77
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gary McAllister would be nice.
  • Headshrinker363
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    There was no premier league in Archie Gemmill’s playing days. Personally I’d say there’s more deserving than him. Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hansen and Graeme Souness. I’m not a Liverpool fan btw.
  • futballistic
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Icon Andrew Robertson in Fifa 35
  • Foxsake
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    When has there ever been a Scottish player who people have looked up to 👀
  • ASX
    1386 posts Professional
    Foxsake wrote: »
    When has there ever been a Scottish player who people have looked up to 👀

Craig Gordon was 6ft 3", the average person would look up to him
  • Mrhey31
    972 posts Professional
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.
  • ASX
    1386 posts Professional
    edited April 3
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

Name one Belgium player worthy of an Icon card?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12365 posts Has That Special Something

Seriously? If we went by your theory then why does Steven Gerrard have one? Even Colin Hendry has more League titles than him ....oh and he's Scottish
  • stevotrueblue
    747 posts Professional
    Dalgleish, souness, McCoist, baxter, strachan,law,
  • Redzed71
    92 posts Park Captain
    Daglish would be amazing,,but we really need an Alan Brazil icon card😂
  • bjornini
    3251 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 3
    ASX wrote: »

Pfaff, Preud'homme, Gerets, Ceulemans...
  • ASX
    1386 posts Professional
    bjornini wrote: »

Pfaff, Preud'homme, Gerets, Ceulemans, Van Der Elst...

I guess I had that coming :)

• JMUIRHEAD
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree with this fully, some amazing players in the past
  • BayernBru
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yes there's plenty of worthy Belgians in my opinion @bjornini. Who would you say is more deserving out of Pfaff and Preud'homme?

Would love a Jurion just for the glasses in game :D
  • BayernBru
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Would love one of the Lisbon Lions (the Celtic team that won the European Cup back in 1967 in Lisbon for those who don't know.) They were the first non-latin team to win the European cup, made entirely of players born within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park.

That whole team is worthy of being icons in Fifa and I would take any of them, but Jimmy Johnstone and Billy McNeil would probably be leading the race to become an icon.
  • bjornini
    3251 posts National Call-Up
    BayernBru wrote: »

Yes there's plenty of worthy Belgians in my opinion @bjornini. Who would you say is more deserving out of Pfaff and Preud'homme?

Would love a Jurion just for the glasses in game :D

Very difficult to choose one, but I would say Pfaff was the better of the two.

3x champions with Bayern, 1x Champions with Beveren, several national cups, 4th with the national team at the WC 1986, world keeper of the year 1987...
  • WarrenBarton
    6484 posts Big Money Move
    Souness would be amazing
  • Boozad
    949 posts Semi-Pro
    Archie Gemmel won the Premier League :D
  • tezmacfifa
    1805 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gordon McQueen
  • DicaniosGod
    4725 posts Big Money Move
    Dalglish would be the only decent one!
  • Kove
    3929 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 3

Someone else's pain/struggle does not negate yours.

There are many worthy options Scottish, Belgian or Australian (e.g. Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Warren).

They are no less worthy as it is subjective.
  • ASX
    1386 posts Professional
    Would be nice to see Patrik Berger or Vladimir Smicer
  • WarrenBarton
    6484 posts Big Money Move
    Dalglish would be the only decent one!

Wouldn’t be meta though
  • ngern77
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Really need my favourite Dejan Savicevic .
  • Springveldt
    4354 posts National Call-Up
    Nonsense. Just because Scotland are garbage now doesn’t mean we didn’t produce great players in the past.

Kenny Dalglish was one of the best players of his generation and easily deserving of an icon card. The card would suck btw as he was not fast or tall. His style doesn’t translate to FIFA.

On talent alone guys like Dennis Law, Jimmy Johnstone, Jim Baxter, Graeme Souness, Billy Bremner and Alan Hansen where much better players than loads of the current icon cards.