Addition of Scottish icon

13
Now this has really being playing on my mind, why is there no Scottish Icons?, I personally think there are a few former Scottish player that are deserved an icon card. The one I would like to see is Archie gemmel due to him winning the European cup and three premier league titles also scoring possibly the best goal in World Cup history against Holland so ea please take this into consideration, thank you

Comments

  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12812 posts Has That Special Something
    Its a disgrace that were the only home nation without an icon
  • smcali23
    1226 posts Professional
    Now this has really being playing on my mind, why is there no Scottish Icons?, I personally think there are a few former Scottish player that are deserved an icon card. The one I would like to see is Archie gemmel due to him winning the European cup and three premier league titles also scoring possibly the best goal in World Cup history against Holland so ea please take this into consideration, thank you

    I agree with you about the fact there should be a Scottish icon or two, but Archie Gemmil's goal possibly the best on world cup history? Come on dude
  • holdenwait
    54770 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    could use some Dalglish ngl
  • mufcscott__
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ally McCoist needs an icon card
  • ngern77
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gary McAllister would be nice.
  • Headshrinker363
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    There was no premier league in Archie Gemmill’s playing days. Personally I’d say there’s more deserving than him. Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hansen and Graeme Souness. I’m not a Liverpool fan btw.
  • futballistic
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    Icon Andrew Robertson in Fifa 35
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    When has there ever been a Scottish player who people have looked up to 👀
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Foxsake wrote: »
    When has there ever been a Scottish player who people have looked up to 👀

    Craig Gordon was 6ft 3", the average person would look up to him
  • Mrhey31
    1187 posts Professional
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 3
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Name one Belgium player worthy of an Icon card?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12812 posts Has That Special Something
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Seriously? If we went by your theory then why does Steven Gerrard have one? Even Colin Hendry has more League titles than him ....oh and he's Scottish
  • stevotrueblue
    821 posts Professional
    Dalgleish, souness, McCoist, baxter, strachan,law,
  • Redzed71
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Daglish would be amazing,,but we really need an Alan Brazil icon card😂
  • bjornini
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 3
    ASX wrote: »
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Name one Belgium player worthy of an Icon card?

    Pfaff, Preud'homme, Gerets, Ceulemans...
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    bjornini wrote: »
    ASX wrote: »
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Name one Belgium player worthy of an Icon card?

    Pfaff, Preud'homme, Gerets, Ceulemans, Van Der Elst...

    I guess I had that coming :)



  • JMUIRHEAD
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree with this fully, some amazing players in the past
  • BayernBru
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    bjornini wrote: »
    ASX wrote: »
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Name one Belgium player worthy of an Icon card?

    Pfaff, Preud'homme, Gerets, Ceulemans...

    Yes there's plenty of worthy Belgians in my opinion @bjornini. Who would you say is more deserving out of Pfaff and Preud'homme?

    Would love a Jurion just for the glasses in game :D
  • BayernBru
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would love one of the Lisbon Lions (the Celtic team that won the European Cup back in 1967 in Lisbon for those who don't know.) They were the first non-latin team to win the European cup, made entirely of players born within a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park.

    That whole team is worthy of being icons in Fifa and I would take any of them, but Jimmy Johnstone and Billy McNeil would probably be leading the race to become an icon.
  • bjornini
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    BayernBru wrote: »
    bjornini wrote: »
    ASX wrote: »
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Name one Belgium player worthy of an Icon card?

    Pfaff, Preud'homme, Gerets, Ceulemans...

    Yes there's plenty of worthy Belgians in my opinion @bjornini. Who would you say is more deserving out of Pfaff and Preud'homme?

    Would love a Jurion just for the glasses in game :D

    Very difficult to choose one, but I would say Pfaff was the better of the two.

    3x champions with Bayern, 1x Champions with Beveren, several national cups, 4th with the national team at the WC 1986, world keeper of the year 1987...
  • WarrenBarton
    7054 posts Big Money Move
    Souness would be amazing
  • Boozad
    985 posts Professional
    Archie Gemmel won the Premier League :D
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gordon McQueen
  • DicaniosGod
    4914 posts Big Money Move
    Dalglish would be the only decent one!
  • Kove
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 3
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.

    Someone else's pain/struggle does not negate yours.

    There are many worthy options Scottish, Belgian or Australian (e.g. Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Warren).

    They are no less worthy as it is subjective.
  • ASX
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would be nice to see Patrik Berger or Vladimir Smicer
  • WarrenBarton
    7054 posts Big Money Move
    Dalglish would be the only decent one!

    Wouldn’t be meta though
  • ngern77
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Really need my favourite Dejan Savicevic .
  • Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    Be real. There are players not in the game that are so much beter than those average players you are naming. Just because they are from Scotland? Whats next Luxemburg want an Icon aswell, and dont forget the way more deserving Belgiums.
    Nonsense. Just because Scotland are garbage now doesn’t mean we didn’t produce great players in the past.

    Kenny Dalglish was one of the best players of his generation and easily deserving of an icon card. The card would suck btw as he was not fast or tall. His style doesn’t translate to FIFA.

    On talent alone guys like Dennis Law, Jimmy Johnstone, Jim Baxter, Graeme Souness, Billy Bremner and Alan Hansen where much better players than loads of the current icon cards.
Sign In or Register to comment.