SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17072 posts World Class
    RfCxAmy wrote: »
    Morelos to be fined a weeks wages, if he doesn’t smarten up after that then there’s nothing else we can do.
    He needs a proper manager to sort him out
  • SC1967
    10547 posts Has That Special Something
    Morelos to be fined a weeks wages, if he doesn’t smarten up after that then there’s nothing else we can do.

And a proper captain.

Think what you want about Brown but Morelos wouldn’t get away with acting like that if Brown was his captain. He’d give him a bollocking.
  • Sykesy
    4205 posts National Call-Up
    The rangers squad are littered with players who can’t handle their emotions. The manager doesn’t seem to mind it and that’s where the problem stems from.
  • jocksaltire_67
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sykesy wrote: »
    fergoosee wrote: »
    give it lenny we win the league next season

Behave. Nobody’s stopping 10. Can dream all you want. Isn’t happening. Stevie G is out the door next season. I reckon by Christmas he’s out.

Fight for second place is on now. Morelos Halliday and Kent with suspensions coming

Gerrard is only leaving on his terms. I think before the start of the season we would have bitten your hand off if we'd been offered a run to the EL groupstage and sitting 2nd with a few points gap at this stage. Overall I think Gerrard has done a decent job for his 1st season and that's coming for someone who wasn't keen on his appointment in the 1st place.
  • Sykesy

Behave. Nobody’s stopping 10. Can dream all you want. Isn’t happening. Stevie G is out the door next season. I reckon by Christmas he’s out.

Fight for second place is on now. Morelos Halliday and Kent with suspensions coming

Gerrard is only leaving on his terms. I think before the start of the season we would have bitten your hand off if we'd been offered a run to the EL groupstage and sitting 2nd with a few points gap at this stage. Overall I think Gerrard has done a decent job for his 1st season and that's coming for someone who wasn't keen on his appointment in the 1st place.

I’m not saying Gerrard is a disaster btw. I just don’t think he has what it takes. I don’t know or see what goes on behind the scene at rangers but I think next season he will struggle. His set up and game plans seem to have been found out this season.

Massive changes at Celtic in the summer, If we get a new manager and back him with the core of the team mostly there then we push on.

• jocksaltire_67

I’m not saying Gerrard is a disaster btw. I just don’t think he has what it takes. I don’t know or see what goes on behind the scene at rangers but I think next season he will struggle. His set up and game plans seem to have been found out this season.

Massive changes at Celtic in the summer, If we get a new manager and back him with the core of the team mostly there then we push on.

Nah totally agree that if your board backs yous then you should be out of sight but it all depends if you can get a like for like replacement for Tierney, Benkovic etc etc (assuming Tierney leaves). Regarding Gerrard, I agree again that he struggles with having no plan B but today he showed that he can get a reaction from his players after a shoddy 1st half. Celtic should have been out of sight by half time but in the end we could have nicked it if the ball hadn't fallen to Jack.
  • RfCxAmy
    5226 posts Big Money Move

Two disappointing runs in the cup as well though. Wasn’t keen on Gerrard either to begin with but I’ll take second place and a run in Europe for his first season; especially considering it’s his first proper manager job as well. If we don’t do better next season then I can see him going.
  • RfCxAmy
    SC1967 wrote: »

And a proper captain.

Think what you want about Brown but Morelos wouldn’t get away with acting like that if Brown was his captain. He’d give him a bollocking.

Quite the majority of our support will tell you Tav isn’t captain material. Only so much the players around Morelos can do to wisen him up.
  • Sykesy

Nah totally agree that if your board backs yous then you should be out of sight but it all depends if you can get a like for like replacement for Tierney, Benkovic etc etc (assuming Tierney leaves). Regarding Gerrard, I agree again that he struggles with having no plan B but today he showed that he can get a reaction from his players after a shoddy 1st half. Celtic should have been out of sight by half time but in the end we could have nicked it if the ball hadn't fallen to Jack.

Rumours are still strong of Tierney leaving that would be a disaster. We need a full new defence. Even the board know we can’t survive with Hendry and Ajaer.

Rangers showed the battle is there but I reckon a decent side with decent manager would’ve finished us at 1-1. Celtic where all over the place and only a mistake from Tav masks over that. It’s fine doing it in big games. European and old firms but they don’t seem to have that change against the smaller teams domestically. Gerrard clearly thinks he’s a class above. Commenting we shouldn’t need to work that hard to win here... that rubs off on the players. You can’t have your players with that attitude. Been many occasions he’s had a shocker with comments on the opposing team. It shows with some of the players arrogance.
  • jocksaltire_67

Two disappointing runs in the cup as well though. Wasn’t keen on Gerrard either to begin with but I’ll take second place and a run in Europe for his first season; especially considering it’s his first proper manager job as well. If we don’t do better next season then I can see him going.

Yeah I think if we don't make a genuine challenge and get to a cup final at least then he could be gone.
  • SC1967
    If Morelos leaves (which he will) and you don’t get Kent back, you’re in real trouble.
  • jocksaltire_67

Rumours are still strong of Tierney leaving that would be a disaster. We need a full new defence. Even the board know we can’t survive with Hendry and Ajaer.

Rangers showed the battle is there but I reckon a decent side with decent manager would’ve finished us at 1-1. Celtic where all over the place and only a mistake from Tav masks over that. It’s fine doing it in big games. European and old firms but they don’t seem to have that change against the smaller teams domestically. Gerrard clearly thinks he’s a class above. Commenting we shouldn’t need to work that hard to win here... that rubs off on the players. You can’t have your players with that attitude. Been many occasions he’s had a shocker with comments on the opposing team. It shows with some of the players arrogance.

I think there is a touch of arrogance but also realism. It is disrespectful at times the way he talks but he is also highlighting the high standards and demands of playing for Rangers and the expectancy to win every game that comes with it. As fans of the old firm there are periods of dominance from either team but when the chips are down you still have that hope/expectancy to win every game (even if it is delusional for the time being).
  • jocksaltire_67
    If Morelos leaves (which he will) and you don’t get Kent back, you’re in real trouble.

There's a rumour that Celtic want Kent in the summer and Liverpool will accept £7million for him. Can you imagine the scenes?
  • fergoosee
    11745 posts Has That Special Something

nah got jones n defoe
  • RfCxAmy
    Pretty much a certainty Morelos will be gone in the summer. Hope we get Kent back even if it’s just another loan as I can’t see us paying the price floating about on social media.
  • RfCxAmy

There's a rumour that Celtic want Kent in the summer and Liverpool will accept £7million for him. Can you imagine the scenes?

That would be sickening
  • Sykesy

Naw! Don’t even start with that patter. Forbidden.

Burke signed and sealed. Hate how good he’s looked and the thought of him not being signed is brutal
  • jocksaltire_67

Burke signed and sealed. Hate how good he’s looked and the thought of him not being signed is brutal

I've only seen highlights of Burke this season so not got the full picture. How good do you actually think he is/can be? I remember the old Scottish Bale patter when he was at Forrest a few years ago
  • Sykesy

I've only seen highlights of Burke this season so not got the full picture. How good do you actually think he is/can be? I remember the old Scottish Bale patter when he was at Forrest a few years ago

I’m struggling to see why he’s playing in the championship. He’s strong on the ball. Rapid going forward and tracking back. Can tackle. Has everything in his locker to be a massive player. Watching his interview from mid week. He seems frustrated in his career. Each club he goes to loses its manager. Think he’s looking for stability at a club wherever he goes. That said WBA are in promotion contention, they go up well have no chance.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4317 posts National Call-Up

nah got jones n defoe

The same jones who’s not even making our squads at the moment
  • SC1967
    edited March 31
    I wouldn’t pay more than £5m for Burke, tbh. He’s lightening quick and puts the fear into defenders, but his ball control is shocking.

He’s an athlete, but footballing wise he has a lot of development to do.

Looking forward to seeing Shved. He’s been great in Ukraine.
  • jocksaltire_67

I’m struggling to see why he’s playing in the championship. He’s strong on the ball. Rapid going forward and tracking back. Can tackle. Has everything in his locker to be a massive player. Watching his interview from mid week. He seems frustrated in his career. Each club he goes to loses its manager. Think he’s looking for stability at a club wherever he goes. That said WBA are in promotion contention, they go up well have no chance.
    I wouldn’t pay more than £5m for Burke, tbh. He’s lightening quick and puts the fear into defenders, but his ball control is shocking.

I got the feeling watching him on the odd occasion for Scotland that it was his lack of composure and inability to run with his head up that held him back. Reckon that if he can harness that raw athleticism then he can be some player. (Hopefully not at Celtic though :p )
  • Sykesy
    I’m sure my fellow Celtic fan is just a wind up merchant. Shved will be nowhere near the squad. Would take Burke over him any day of the week. Added bonus with Burke you could play him anywhere across the front 3 and in behind.
  • SC1967
    I’m sure my fellow Celtic fan is just a wind up merchant. Shved will be nowhere near the squad. Would take Burke over him any day of the week. Added bonus with Burke you could play him anywhere across the front 3 and in behind.

What makes you say that about Shved? His record is fantastic considering he plays for a duff team in that league.

Burke has potential but he’s miles away, technically. His game is all about pace, and while that has its benefits, he needs to improve his ability on the ball.
  • SC1967

I got the feeling watching him on the odd occasion for Scotland that it was his lack of composure and inability to run with his head up that held him back. Reckon that if he can harness that raw athleticism then he can be some player. (Hopefully not at Celtic though :p )

That’s it. He’ll run all day, but he’s lacking something with the ball at his feet.

If he was as tidy as Forrest on the ball he’d be some player.
  • MarioMonk
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero

What makes you say that about Shved? His record is fantastic considering he plays for a duff team in that league.

Burke has potential but he’s miles away, technically. His game is all about pace, and while that has its benefits, he needs to improve his ability on the ball.

Av got to agree with SC. Burke is quick and strong but whenever I have seen him he does not look up to much. No idea why two teams paid mental money for him. Obviously must have been decent first time round in the championship.
  • jocksaltire_67
    Any of yous watch Cardiff v Chelsea? Cardiff have been done. Clear offside for Chelsea equaliser then Rudiger only booked when last man hauling Zohore down. Then Chelsea score in 91st minute. That could be the difference between them staying up or going down. At least it's not just our refs that are pish.
  • Sykesy
    Any of yous watch Cardiff v Chelsea? Cardiff have been done. Clear offside for Chelsea equaliser then Rudiger only booked when last man hauling Zohore down. Then Chelsea score in 91st minute. That could be the difference between them staying up or going down. At least it's not just our refs that are pish.

I preferred sourness going at Dave thingy in the studio again 😂

Cardiff got done big time. Pen denied offside goals. Last man staying on. As horrific as you could imagine
  • Sykesy

Aye I’ve read he’s doing well for Karpayta or however you spell it. His record looks decent but I wasn’t a fan of Burke when we signed him. Not a fan of loans. Burke’s just back from injuries and still rusty but for what I seen of him I soon changed my mind, The work rate, power and pace he plays with. Given game time and fully fit I reckon he could be frightening. Touches etc all come with fitness which he’s been lacking for the season
  • jocksaltire_67

I preferred sourness going at Dave thingy in the studio again 😂

Cardiff got done big time. Pen denied offside goals. Last man staying on. As horrific as you could imagine

That was awkward as f*** but brilliant. Wee Davey Jones looked like he was going to **** himself :D