What percentage of players you face is sportsmanlike/courteous?

RayS
35321 posts World Cup Winner
edited March 2019
What percentage of players that you face is sportsmanlike and/or courteous. For example, they skip replays, don't hate message, don't do provoking celebrations, don't pause unnecessarily, or do other things that could be considered griefing. Maybe they even send a nice message or a "gg" after the game or wait for you if you're afk.

What percentage of players you face is sportsmanlike/courteous? 111 votes

90-100%
0%
Renamed123456 1 vote
70-90%
3%
hellodeeDr_GonzooneskyworldKingkay 4 votes
50-70%
12%
Liam WClancyYesser7clsMUFCSkywalker XVIIF1FA_WaRrnmays1Batman442SkelyKilleenSweepIdekMomusJordVorenholtDons88 14 votes
50%
8%
LiamSullyWarrenBartonJorisDBEnzfutCbnBW1991NktoriViiStoz 9 votes
30-50%
12%
golazorobertsonSJR440lucasGozarDoggiesSaiber_Summiagreif44Mc_chigbyQK_CillitBang_04Salpi14Moorlands_villanjackluhgRonny_Martinez66 14 votes
10-30%
29%
madwullieRedDevil123crackers07abcdefg123OrangehillrecordskcichrisJaggy SnakeLupriArsleWengerRetro_GEdward220967RaySGordaGoonerJoe88Fifa_Hawk_85DexdanSkinner249Colt_seeversKinggHussHeadshrinker363 33 votes
<10%
32%
VaaassdannyboyholdenwaitKeepthechangebbergerJohnDoeLackosweatNotformecliveDon_seanadoswfcfan891889krissOfficerJimlaheyzeultuturorHelloDearieIAIK7BPLosersBigEnehBeastlyHuslaGiggs11passpassshootpost 36 votes

Comments

• RayS
    10-30%
    Pretty low in my experience, but I may get someone like once every 8-10 games
  • holdenwait
    73707 posts Icon
    edited March 2019
    <10%
    %1, on PS4 on NA servers

I have messages closed to non-friends (don't know why anyone would have it on).. must have gotten 2-3 hate messages through friend requests over the last few years.

but not sending messages doesn't mean they play "nice". lots of pausing, shushing, replay watching, sweaty playing.

comes with the territory tbh, don't care about it.
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    10-30%
    Skipping is somewhere around 10-30% . I almost never get hate messages or gg. Maybe 20% paus at start to sub or havent learn to switch formation without pausing.
  • RayS
    10-30%
    @Dr_Gonzo has lived a very charmed FUT life o:)
  • Mc_chigby
    1359 posts Professional
    30-50%
    I was going to vote lower like 10-30% but remembered in your head you usually only think of the bad stuff.

So probably best for everyone to up to the one above category
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    <10%
    Everyone is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ nowadays. Last year, i wouldn't have this problem, people i would face would skip all the scenes and get on with the game. Now I have to play where every person wants to watch everything, from throwings, goalkicks, missed shots everything.

If you do this to me, I will do the same. I'll milk every action in the game.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    50-70%
    maybe I'm just bad this year so not playing the real tryhards, but people don't seem to waste time doing these things like they used to.

Especially in futchamps, most people hit R1/L1 and skip things. I think it's because rewards are so good this year, people are eager to get on to the next match. Can't be wasting their own time winding folks up or rage messaging after the match
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    10-30%
    I get a lot of hate messages but I've a pretty stacked squad and that attracts them like flies to ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    <10%
    NA

watch replays and celebrations
    shush and dab
    waste time
    go hard on kick off goals
    Abuse mechanics

rarely you will get an opponent that doesn't do any of the above
  • RayS
    10-30%
    the funny thing is that all in all the regulars here on the forums seem like very decent people. But my experience online is very different. I'm sure that's due to the fact that only a very tiny percentatge of FUTers out there make it onto the forums (and most of them probably come accidentally when directed by EA chat help :D )
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    90-100%
    Ahhh crap... is there any way to change vote ¿¿

I thought this said unsportsmanlike.
  • kcichris
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    10-30%
    pc, eu servers, tbf half of the people are just normal players with no excessive celebrations and skipping most replays. But there are more people wasting time, playing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ music through their speakers and dabbing than people showing signs of fair play. Only once i had an opponent saying gg thank you for the game and never has someone waited for me when i was afk.
  • RayS
    10-30%

dang it ppl keep getting confused on my polls. maybe i need to word them differently
  • RayS
    10-30%

and no, there is no way. you're stuck with your answer forever
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1882 posts Fans' Favourite
    <10%
    Can’t remember anyone showing courtesy or sportsmanship. I’m on Xbox, it’s a cesspit full of kids tbh
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    50-70%
    maybe it's actually lower than my guess, and I just don't notice because I honestly don't care these days. You can shush, dab on me, pause, whatever and I just sip my beverage and glance over at game of thrones (rewatching before the premiere!). I couldn't even tell you what celebrations people tend to do these days because I don't bother watching

Hard to get a real read on these, especially from self report. because if this sort of thing upsets you, you'll suffer from confirmation bias and remember more instances of poor sportsmanship.

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    90-100%
    RayS wrote: »

and no, there is no way. you're stuck with your answer forever

:cry:

Wish this answer was the truth.

I've faced very very few who play nice football, it's usually only them who also behave sportsman like.
  • JorisDB
    1394 posts Professional
    50%
    I'd say around 50%.
    I was surprised to see how many people in div 1 were playing like absolute c*nts (the 'old' div 1 that is).
    Shushing, dabbing, watching replays, etc etc, but then again there are quite a lot of players who play normally, skip replays, don't celebrate, so I guess around 50% would be right.
  • RayS
    10-30%
    Clancy wrote: »
    maybe it's actually lower than my guess, and I just don't notice because I honestly don't care these days. You can shush, dab on me, pause, whatever and I just sip my beverage and glance over at game of thrones (rewatching before the premiere!). I couldn't even tell you what celebrations people tend to do these days because I don't bother watching

Hard to get a real read on these, especially from self report. because if this sort of thing upsets you, you'll suffer from confirmation bias and remember more instances of poor sportsmanship.

I wish I were that chill when playing lol I get unnecessarily triggered when ppl start pulling all those things
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    30-50%
    I voted 30-50%, but it`s probably just a bit more than ~30%

I`m annoyed with people that watch goal replays, celebration, cutscenes etc. I`m sure most of my opponents already went far beyond 1000 games mark, come on, you still haven`t seen enough of this?

But that doesn`t really bother me a lot. Most of people are not creative at all, they just abuse mechanics and that`s frustrating
    Post edited by greif44 on
  • Al_HFX
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2019
    10-30%
    Hate messages I don't get, but the celebration/replay watching ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is frequent in div 5-6 were I usually sit. Week-end league I am gold 3/silver 1 so I'm dealing with the same kind of people who over celebrate over rebound empty net goals even if skip all my goal celebrations and replays...
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    50%
    Last week I had 1 game left in futchamps so I loaded up with a 17 chem silver/bronze team. Was planning on letting the guy score and then quitting. The guy scores, runs to the half way line spinning his arms round and then watches the replay.
    Well at that moment I decided I suddenly want my 400 rivals points so I put my pad on an angle and let the game play out. Funny thing was he then decided to sub on Tom Heaton and started scoring goals with him 🙄
  • MouseGlik
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    why does it bother anyone?

if u get tilted on a game u have problems
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    <10%
    Zero percent
  • Saiber_Summia
    2649 posts National Call-Up
    30-50%
    RayS wrote: »
    the funny thing is that all in all the regulars here on the forums seem like very decent people. But my experience online is very different. I'm sure that's due to the fact that only a very tiny percentatge of FUTers out there make it onto the forums (and most of them probably come accidentally when directed by EA chat help :D )

That
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    edited March 2019
    <10%
    This community is as toxic and vroken as this whole game. Even I have gone crazy and dab, shush and watch replays at times now.. I'm in a stage where I just want to add fuel and stop as many people as possible playing the game in the current state..

I don't play for fun or rewards anymore, just want to see that this shambolic excuse of a "simulation" finally ends at some point and we get a proper game at one point in the future..
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    10-30%
    i played 8 games tonight 6 of them were complete dweeby little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ . They watch everything to try get you to rage quit. And to be honest it’s a good tactic on me , cos I will just exit out of the game and play someone else if it’s a really negative vibe about the game . I don’t care about winning as much as I’d rather have fun . I always get about 17 wins anyway