PITCH NOTES | DIVISION RIVALS PLAYER DISTRIBUTION CHANGES

EA_Andy
3280 posts EA Community Manager
rim6uwp5cr32.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a new pitch notes articles talking about updates within Division Rivals, specifically around player distribution.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts, questions or feedback you have about this.

Comments

• Purplejacket
    2539 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its a good move for fifa 19 bc theres no casual mode, but rather have it go back the way it was for fifa 20 and add a tournament mode. Problem is div 1 players like to play other div 1 players like pros to better their game, and its not the same when your actually playung div 3 level players.
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    That sort of distribution was to be expected. But kudos for recognizong it and adjusting.
  • Currieman
    4955 posts National Call-Up
    Surely this is just gonna make things harder for the "average" players?
  • Bellaciao
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Currieman wrote: »

If you find another average player it won’t.
  • Purplejacket
    2539 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 28

And easier for the better players, it just widens the spectrums, meaning div 1 is a mix of div 1 and 3 and so forth.
  • EA_Andy
    3280 posts EA Community Manager

Matchmaking will still be based on skill rating.
  • Retropoe82
    444 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its showing how many of the casual players have left.

I guess its to keep core players happy by giving them better rewards for being in a higher league.

Skill levels the same so will be the players around you.

A better pack weight would of gone well for weekend league finish. Gold 2 highest player was red glick. Im still waiting for that ' super duper player' thats tradable had one all year pogba. Lost count how many packs ive opened.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5322 posts Big Money Move
    Good move but now fix rewards please....they’re not balanced at all.
    From div5 to div2 rewards are pretty much the same...it shouldn’t be like that.
  • IknuB
    2 posts Ball Boy
    What is with the trophy "climbing the ladder"?

Before this Update i was devision 5 and now i am devision 4 but i dont get the trophy. :-(

I want platin :wink:

What is the impact from this Update at the trophy?

BG
    IknuB
  • Retropoe82
    444 posts An Exciting Prospect

100% agree rewards could do with a tweak now to try an bring back the casual player. Increse the coins by 20k or add coins to the tradable pack option
  • IknuB wrote: »

Before this Update i was devision 5 and now i am devision 4 but i dont get the trophy. :-(

BG
    IknuB

I'm having the exact same issue, no idea how to fix it.
  • Jobiwan
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    IknuB wrote: »

BG
    IknuB

Relegation and promotion is the answer surely?
  • Jobiwan wrote: »
    IknuB wrote: »

BG
    IknuB

Relegation and promotion is the answer surely?

I'm one win away from div 3 so thought about trying that and seeing if it pops up, just haven't got round to it yet.
  • KRANG00
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 28
    nvm, wasting my time :D
    Post edited by KRANG00 on
  • BiigDee
    4354 posts National Call-Up
    To be honest I don’t think it matters what you change because it’s the players who are killing Rivals. Change formation and let the Al do the work for you. It’s become very very tedious because almost every game is the same. Most weeks it’s worse than WL for me
  • Renamed123456
    4681 posts Big Money Move
    Sounds better. I was pretty much rose to 1500 before I started getting all these problems nkw I've sunk down to about 1200 as a direct result of them.

Probably too little too late for me, but hopefully people will get to enjoy the change.
  • BlagyH
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Played 5 games in a row and all five opponents disconnected after my lead increased - one of them in the last seconds... Actually from the last 10 games I only finished normally 2 which I lost. All my wins were fu**** by disconnected opponents. Where's the point EA?
  • Clancy
    7756 posts League Winner

I think this was and still is a major issue

People aren't incentivized to go to higher divisions because the rewards aren't much better. In fact you hear people talk about relegating themselves down so they can more easily attain the top tier rewards in D5 rather than compete against players on their level for mid tier D2 rewards
  • xEB50x
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really hope they improved the rewards per div. I've been in div 5 all season, now 4 I think based on sp. It's been a grind as all the sanbagger's really killed the enjoyment of playing players at my skill level. I'm a g3 player in weekend league and it takes around 28 games to get it. In DR's I played teams that on occasion beat me rather easily, and it takes a bit of the fun out of weekday play. I expect it in weekend league, but not most games in DR's. I wonder if they provide better rewards with this change, will we finally get to a true indication of skill determining levels, rather then just a self demotion system which it was before today.

It would be a lot more enjoyable if they could come up with the right formula to provide a true ranking system that would accurately divide us by true talent levels in proper divisions. I know.....there's always going to be a group of people that demote just to get easy wins....Here's to hoping.
  • SomeLegend
    1173 posts Professional
    xEB50x wrote: »
    I really hope they improved the rewards per div. I've been in div 5 all season, now 4 I think based on sp. It's been a grind as all the sanbagger's really killed the enjoyment of playing players at my skill level. I'm a g3 player in weekend league and it takes around 28 games to get it. In DR's I played teams that on occasion beat me rather easily, and it takes a bit of the fun out of weekday play. I expect it in weekend league, but not most games in DR's. I wonder if they provide better rewards with this change, will we finally get to a true indication of skill determining levels, rather then just a self demotion system which it was before today.

It would be a lot more enjoyable if they could come up with the right formula to provide a true ranking system that would accurately divide us by true talent levels in proper divisions. I know.....there's always going to be a group of people that demote just to get easy wins....Here's to hoping.

Think the change is to slow demotion exploiters but it will only be the OCD w/l carers that will stop demoting
  • KB1iLU
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have to say I'm Impressed.. However, They need to make a 10 game tournament qualification system... to figure out which divison you should be in to begin with.... instead of the 4 games I, or in this case you the reader, did qualify for what 6 months ago? I think its time for qualification renewals personally. Can anyone agree?
  • KB1iLU
    and that is Directed to @EA_Andy
  • KB1iLU
    when i first started this game, i was in division 6 because i won 2 out of my 4 games... however i noticed I had a 6 minute half and my game was processing horribly... When i realized the Frame rate and Data rate of the game I had to change it to 10 minute halfs and i seem to be playing much better
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everyone was in division 5 because the rewards were better
  • KB1iLU
    well the reason i say this.. is because i'm stuck in division 10, regardless of winning or loosing
  • KB1iLU
    i get more skill points per win, and loose skill points per loss and it effects my division and i dont think it's right
  • Fix the trophy for advancing into D4 and I'll be happy. Played a game in D4 nothing. Advanced to D3 nothing.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1861 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    rim6uwp5cr32.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a new pitch notes articles talking about updates within Division Rivals, specifically around player distribution.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts, questions or feedback you have about this.

Could we have a fix for the trophy? Relegating ourselves to division 5 just to get promoted again isn't practical
  • WarrenBarton
    7657 posts League Winner
    edited April 3
    @EA_Andy

I’m in div 1 and it says you need 1900 points to get here. I’m currently on 1901 but I can’t see what ends in relegation?

Is promotion and relegation set either side of 1900 points now instead of the previous 100 point buffer you received after gaining promotion?

This isn’t explained in the pitch notes (as far as I can see)
  • Hello, since the new division ranks have been introduced this year and the rewards are weekly based, i have been collecting and pretty sure many other players have been collecting way more points than the limit for 1st rank in my division.
    i would suggest that it will be very beneficial to put those extra points for use. maybe exchange them with an extra pack or coins.
    only a suggestion i have and hopefully will give the players better motivation to enhance competitively.
    for me playing a full week to get small rewards -in my opinion- was demotivating me from playing a lot of times.
    thanks EA for giving us a chance to give opinions and make a better game for all of us.