OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Apollo
    14944 posts World Class
    edited March 23
    The Russo's said endgame was 3 hours+ before the editing process a while back, now rumours about today that the final film is 3 hours, 3 minutes. Big fan of that, they've got 21 films of story they need to wrap up, they need all that time.
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    The Russo's said endgame was 3 hours+ before the editing process a while back, now rumours about today that the final film is 3 hours, 3 minutes. Big fan of that, they've got 21 films of story they need to wrap up, they need all that time.

That's good to hear, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who wants the film to be as long as possible :joy:

Thankfully the rumours of an intermission seem to have gone away now too.
  • Apollo
    14944 posts World Class
    edited March 23
    Shshj wrote: »

That's good to hear, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who wants the film to be as long as possible :joy:

Definitely not just you, the longer Endgame is the better tbh, they've built up to this and Infinity war for so long that they've got to do it justice in wrapping it up properly.

This film is gonna test a lot of people's bladders if it is that long :D
  • P
    7597 posts League Winner
    Just watched Into the spiderverse again. Thought it might not be as good, knowing the plot and watching it on the TV at home... I was wrong. Best Spiderman movie ever for me.
  • Argie8
    5819 posts Big Money Move
    P wrote: »
    Just watched Into the spiderverse again. Thought it might not be as good, knowing the plot and watching it on the TV at home... I was wrong. Best Spiderman movie ever for me.

No clue how they did it tbh. Really special film
  • Apollo
    14944 posts World Class
    Anyone seen the rumour that tickets for Endgame will go on sale tomorrow? Reckon there's anything in it?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Marvel Netflix props are being auctioned off.

https://propstore.com/marvel-television-live-auction-preview-gallery/

oh god. theyre not coming back are they? :'(

Not unless Netflix/Disney execs (whoever’s actually at fault) changes their mind.

Also, guarantee they’ve got several copies of their props.

i'm so confused why this has happened. Assumed it was a PR thing and theyd be back but it aint looking likely :/

This was probably the most reasonable explanation I've seen.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12/01/daredevil-cancelled-netflix-marvel-series-rebooted-disney/
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah most of the fans were crying out for them not to cut down the run time when the initial rumors of the run time came out. I think it was confirmed a couple of weeks ago that it'll be 3 hours long and won't be cut.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    xHerdie wrote: »
    No one has talked about flash/arrow in a while but anyone else notice that both shows mentioned Spider-Man this week? Lol

I've not talked much mainly because I've been a bit behind since the mid season break. Just very busy. I'll work on catching up this week.
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    I think this pretty much confirms it.

• Apollo
    14944 posts World Class

Yeah I saw that as well, so glad they've not cut stuff out to get the runtime down. I know everyone all but knew anyway but its nice that its confirmed
  • P
    7597 posts League Winner

Me either. Out of nowhere really. Maybe my favourite animated film of all time.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

How's it compare to Flashpoint Paradox?
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    edited March 26

I like it more and flashpoint was my favorite animated comic movie...

My top 3

Spiderverse
    Flashpoint
    Justice League Dark(Etrigan and Constantine ftw)

**** me I forgot Red Hood...That's definitely in there somewhere maybe in between flashpoint and spiderverse lol
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »

My top 3

Spiderverse
    Flashpoint

**** me I forgot Red Hood...That's definitely in there somewhere maybe in between flashpoint and spiderverse lol

Yeah Flashpoint is my current fav at the moment, followed by Red Hood. haha. I'll check out Spiderman this week though.
  • Argie8
    5819 posts Big Money Move

My top 3

Spiderverse
    Flashpoint

Yeah Flashpoint is my current fav at the moment, followed by Red Hood. haha. I'll check out Spiderman this week though.

You've still not seen spider verse?! Jfc
  • XxRichiexRichxX

My top 3

Spiderverse
    Flashpoint

You've still not seen spider verse?! Jfc

Nah, not been going to the movies as much as I used too since my daughter was born, even less now that my wife is pregnant and she's rarely up for it. So I've been waiting for them to come out to be rented. Only just noticed that it's out to be rented recently so I added it to my list. I've sort of put a lot of new movies on hold since I'm working my way through all the Marvel movies building up to Avengers.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Zach Snyder embarrassing himself
  • Low Ki
    11786 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 26
    This quote from Snyder says plenty:
    Someone says to me: [Ben Affleck’s] Batman killed a guy. I’m like, ‘****, really? Wake the **** up.'"

"I guess that’s what I’m saying," he continued. "Once you've lost your virginity to this **** movie and then you come and say to me something about like ‘my superhero wouldn’t do that.' I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the **** road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘my heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't **** lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money from their corporations. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.' That’s cool. But you’re living in a **** dream world.”
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Low Ki wrote: »
    This quote from Snyder says plenty:
    Someone says to me: [Ben Affleck’s] Batman killed a guy. I’m like, ‘****, really? Wake the **** up.'"

"I guess that’s what I’m saying," he continued. "Once you've lost your virginity to this **** movie and then you come and say to me something about like ‘my superhero wouldn’t do that.' I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the **** road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘my heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't **** lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money from their corporations. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.' That’s cool. But you’re living in a **** dream world.”

Like I said, embarrassing himself
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Mark Hammill to play Rockets creator in GOTG3
  • Apollo
    14944 posts World Class
    Question regarding Iron Man in Endgame (all speculation, just adding a spoiler to be on the safe side):
    Every film with Tony in, he always upgrades his suits to improve upon them and rectify any weaknesses he finds. What do you think he'll come up with as his new suit in Endgame? I find it difficult to come up with many possibilities beyond his nanotech one, other than the material the new suit could be made from, whether that's Vibranium or Uru. Anyone have any other thoughts on how he could improve on the Mark 50 for a potential rematch against Thanos?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    He’s quickly becoming a meme at this point. I loved The Watchman, but I’ve said from the beginning that I didn’t think he was right for any of these other DC movies. It’s of no surprise at this point that the best DC movies [post nolanverse] have been the ones he didn’t direct.
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    What do you guys think of Brightburn from James Gunn?? Looks like it could be very interesting, a horror take on the "superman origin story"
  • P
    7597 posts League Winner
    What do you guys think of Brightburn from James Gunn?? Looks like it could be very interesting, a horror take on the "superman origin story"

Such a gunn family movie. I love the stuff theyve done in the past. You just know Mark and Brian were talking about the idea around a family dinner and James loved it and said he would get it made.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Emily Bett Rickards confirmed that this is her last season as Felicity.
  • arsenalap
    5119 posts Big Money Move
    Is next the last in general?