88 Raul at this stage? Or a better icon CAM/ST option for similar price?

greif44
2528 posts Fans' Favourite
Here`s another icon CAM thread, mates :)

Need icon CAM/ST to link FB David Villa and Ibra in 352.
Ideally that would be prime Raul, but I don`t have enough coins and tradeable cards to finance him.

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
90/92 ADP
90/92/PIM Bergkamp
PIM Socrates (SBC)

Preferences: at least 4*/4*, good shooting, decent passing. Decent physicality is a nice bonus. Does not need to be very pacey. Must be able to last all game.
Any suggestions? What would you choose?

Comments

• AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    87 ADP. Forget the 90/92, their M/M work rates kill the card.

Or do PIM ADP SBC and play him on 7/8 chem. He’s amazing
  • greif44
    AdamH wrote: »
    87 ADP. Forget the 90/92, their M/M work rates kill the card.

Or do PIM ADP SBC and play him on 7/8 chem. He’s amazing

That`s the thing: I`m not a fan of M/M on attackers, but there`s so many great attackers with M/M that look like H/M or H/L. Thanks for the input, mate. Will look into buying baby version then

Any other opinions?
  • Delboy13710
    4826 posts National Call-Up
    greif44 wrote: »

Ideally that would be prime Raul, but I don`t have enough coins and tradeable cards to finance him.

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
    90/92 ADP
    90/92/PIM Bergkamp
    PIM Socrates (SBC)

Preferences: at least 4*/4*, good shooting, decent passing. Decent physicality is a nice bonus. Does not need to be very pacey. Must be able to last all game.

Theres no standout CAMs at that price range I'm in the same boat need to link Ibra with a Central Icon but nobody stands out .
    Tried every PIM on Loan , Socrates was the best but hes to simular to Ibra IMO .
    Think as above said maybe base ADP is your best bet .
  • greif44

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
    90/92 ADP
    90/92/PIM Bergkamp
    PIM Socrates (SBC)

Theres no standout CAMs at that price range I'm in the same boat need to link Ibra with a Central Icon but nobody stands out .
    Tried every PIM on Loan , Socrates was the best but hes to simular to Ibra IMO .

Thanks mate. PIM Bergkamp looks like a very good card and reasonably priced as well, but I almost haven`t seen anyone using him.
    Socrates feels like an end-game card, but too overpriced atm.
  • Delboy13710
    4826 posts National Call-Up

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
    90/92 ADP
    90/92/PIM Bergkamp
    PIM Socrates (SBC)

Thanks mate. PIM Bergkamp looks like a very good card and reasonably priced as well, but I almost haven`t seen anyone using him.

Have you tried Berkamps loan? I found it quite Underwhelming at CAM, if only Butra had 4 * skills
  • greif44
    edited March 27

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
    90/92 ADP
    90/92/PIM Bergkamp
    PIM Socrates (SBC)

Have you tried Berkamps loan? I found it quite Underwhelming at CAM, if only Butra had 4 * skills

No, I haven`t. Just looking at stats and workrates. But maybe that`s the reason he`s not in squads - just does not have that something.
    I have same thoughts about Butra, I like my STs + CAM to have 4* SM.

Can`t really decide between 88 Raul and baby ADP, but probably Raul is better ST than CAM. I could move Villa to CAM though

There`s a bunch of nice-looking cards with decent stats, but so many have M/M or M/L and that puts me off using them
  • Gozar
    315 posts Sunday League Hero

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
    90/92 ADP
    90/92/PIM Bergkamp
    PIM Socrates (SBC)

You should try 86 Raul. I love that card. I’ve also used 87 and 90 ADP. Work rates didn’t seem to matter. I played them in the same position (cf,st) in the same formation. The only difference is the 90 card has more consistent finishing. I guess the 87 is a little quicker but you can sort that out with a chemistry card if you need to
  • Nivaze
    2471 posts Fans' Favourite
    87 ADP is all you need. After trying his PM I bought the 87 as I couldn’t afford the PM and he’s amazing.
  • greif44
    Gozar wrote: »

I was thinking about:

88 Raul
    90/92 ADP
    90/92/PIM Bergkamp
    PIM Socrates (SBC)

You should try 86 Raul. I love that card. I’ve also used 87 and 90 ADP. Work rates didn’t seem to matter. I played them in the same position (cf,st) in the same formation. The only difference is the 90 card has more consistent finishing. I guess the 87 is a little quicker but you can sort that out with a chemistry card if you need to

Thanks for the input, mate. Can`t say I`m a fan of pace, but 77 alongside with other stats does not look that optimistic
    Might consider 90 ADP as some cards actually perform better than you`d expect from their workrates.
  • greif44
    Nivaze wrote: »
    87 ADP is all you need. After trying his PM I bought the 87 as I couldn’t afford the PM and he’s amazing.

hm, everyone`s suggesting 87 ADP
    So now I`m deciding between him and 88 Raul :D
  • Nivaze
    2471 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nivaze wrote: »

hm, everyone`s suggesting 87 ADP
    So now I`m deciding between him and 88 Raul :D

ADP has 5* WF and he makes really good runs for me ingame. His finishing is also really good.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4700 posts National Call-Up
    PIM Bergkamp at CF is heavenly and striker in a Two Up top formation works really well too