Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Pikandel wrote: »
    IF Zuber going for 30k atm!
    Don’t know if someone invested in him?

Nah he's gone up for the Esswein flashback SBC (thought we'd seen the end of the guy........). Stuttgart haven't got any high rated players so people think using him is a good idea and are overpaying.

Check your club for Brazilians too, plenty of bronzes/silvers going for up to 2-3k (wingers in particular)
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    Hey buds B)

I see some of you have stuck around til now. How’s fifa and trading been going? :)
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    krappen07 wrote: »
    Hey buds B)

I see some of you have stuck around til now. How’s fifa and trading been going? :)

Trading good....Fifa **** awful 🤣🤣
  • krappen07
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Hey buds B)

I figured :D
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hey buds B)

Did the Willian sbc last night because I was bored and had a couple of untradable’s that fitted right in and slashed the price, turn my PS4 on and loaded up Fifa to play for the 1st time in ages, 1and a half games later I’ve turned it off 😂
  • krappen07
    Hey buds B)

Did the Willian sbc last night because I was bored and had a couple of untradable’s that fitted right in and slashed the price, turn my PS4 on and loaded up Fifa to play for the 1st time in ages, 1and a half games later I’ve turned it off 😂

Dude that’s the state of fifa these days huh? :D I stayed away from FUT for better part of 6months, came back casually few weeks ago just to do some SBC for packs, made a squad after 2-3 weeks. started playing for a week, and now and I can’t bare to play this game mode anymore.. it’s actually worse than last year 😂

Content is on point tho, but imo gameplay worse than last year. No motivation to trade either for cards I cba to play with :/

I’ll still hang around and do some SBC every now and then tho, with the casual game every 2 weeks lol

• Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    Hey buds B)

Dude that’s the state of fifa these days huh? :D I stayed away from FUT for better part of 6months, came back casually few weeks ago just to do some SBC for packs, made a squad after 2-3 weeks. started playing for a week, and now and I can’t bare to play this game mode anymore.. it’s actually worse than last year 😂

Content is on point tho, but imo gameplay worse than last year. No motivation to trade either for cards I cba to play with :/

I’ll still hang around and do some SBC every now and then tho, with the casual game every 2 weeks lol

Just make yourself a fun team instead of a meta team. Brings the fun back, despite the gameplay
  • krappen07
    Pikandel wrote: »
    Hey buds B)

Just make yourself a fun team instead of a meta team. Brings the fun back, despite the gameplay

Yeah, you’re right :) chill in menus and occasional gameplay, won’t get caught up in playing for rewards anymore
  • shevyo
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How high do we think 89s will go? Got 90 of them for 40-45k. Currently going for 51k.
  • hiya
    1494 posts Professional
    why havent you got them listed for 60k+ already?

you probably would have sold 10-20
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    shevyo wrote: »
    How high do we think 89s will go? Got 90 of them for 40-45k. Currently going for 51k.

I'd still hold, but.......

EA really need to step their game up here, otherwise we're gonna be left with a bunch of 89-90s that just refuse to rise in price. Once people get impatient, they'll mass list them all and back down they go, with the inevitable TOTS on the way (and then it's permanently cheap).

Sick of these crappy icons nobody wants. We're gonna need a couple of the huge icon moment SBCs to really shift the market. Just 1-2 of the absolute big dogs and I'll be satisfied this promo wasn't a complete bust.
  • shevyo
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hiya wrote: »
    why havent you got them listed for 60k+ already?

you probably would have sold 10-20

Ive been listing them at 60k bin for three days. Only sold 6 so far.
  • hiya
    1494 posts Professional
    ok, fair enough.
    5 or 6 days left but rewards tomorrow...
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    ok, fair enough.
    5 or 6 days left but rewards tomorrow...

Something a lot of you probably haven't observed - rewards generally don't have too much of an impact on 86+ cards, they might drop 2-3k in the first hour but then they'll recover pretty quickly.

You'll find that people wait until rewards day to complete SBCs, when they've got an added bunch of coins coming in - and most players don't actually pack walkouts (86+ cards) from their rewards, so you'll see a small drop in price followed by a recovery, where they're bought up for SBCs.

In terms of 83/84s though, there's absolutely a shift in price as everybody's packing them. Relative to the demand for these cards, the new supply is massive. So - while I've previously encouraged you guys to hold your 83/84s until better upgrade SBCs come out - I think selling before rewards tomorrow (for whatever profit) might be the safe option. Hopefully something big comes today though, so you won't need to make that decision!
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Do you think it's still safe to invest in 81 ifs for <14k ? I used to do this and sell them between 19k-22k or more in some cases
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited March 29
    Well it took a bloody eternity but those 90s have finally gone up. Well done to those of you who grabbed them at 55k, they'll go for a good 70k+ now if you want to sell them.

On the one hand I'd say hold any investments you've got, as the promo isn't done and more big icons could be on the way...... but coming so close to TOTS now, you really don't want to get shafted and see your coins disappear in a matter of days. There'll be a massive drop in the market in the coming days/weeks.

Perhaps 83/84s are still viable as there's really not much margin for them to fall any further - but unless there's another promo on the way that might be the last of my investment tips until TOTS!
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Well it took a bloody eternity but those 90s have finally gone up. Well done to those of you who grabbed them at 55k, they'll go for a good 70k+ now if you want to sell them.

On the one hand I'd say hold any investments you've got, as the promo isn't done and more big icons could be on the way...... but coming so close to TOTS now, you really don't want to get shafted and see your coins disappear in a matter of days. There'll be a massive drop in the market in the coming days/weeks.

Perhaps 83/84s are still viable as there's really not much margin for them to fall any further - but unless there's another promo on the way that might be the last of my investment tips until TOTS!

Supposedly mid tier icon sbc back in the code so 84/85/86/87 could explode. No one in their right mind will do it as it’s not exactly fodder for top tier icons that need loads of icons but I still reckon people will chase gullit cruyff r9 etc
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »

Supposedly mid tier icon sbc back in the code so 84/85/86/87 could explode. No one in their right mind will do it as it’s not exactly fodder for top tier icons that need loads of icons but I still reckon people will chase gullit cruyff r9 etc

Ooh thought it had been removed permanently. That spices things up a bit.

Really hard to gauge how desirable it'll be, depends on the cost. If it requires an icon and say 200-300k extra worth of squads, prices are gonna skyrocket as we've all got crappy icons we'd be happy to rinse through. If it's just a 600-800k SBC straight up with no icon requirement, nobody's gonna do it.
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    Took a punt on 35 IF Dmitrov (82 GK from La Liga) for 11-12k, considering how many IFs Maldini needed if they drop more big Icons - and I'm considering Yashin (the best GK) then Maldini (the best CB) to be some kind of pattern for the last days of the promo.

Also still have 8 Insignes to sell, currently at 43k but after selling the other 14 I had for 57k I'm feeling greedy and holding for them to go up more.
  • miri
    Henry PIM SBC out, rise market rise!
  • miri
    Well it worked out, 540k total profit from those Insignes in the end:

23c333e90c060599fc167ce7dca50322.png

Could maybe have held out for more, but I don't think the risk is worth it since last time he tanked back down to 40k the same night I sold the first batch for 58k.

Dmitrov is on the rise, test sold one fairly quickly for 16k. Holding the rest to try and squeeze more.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    FUT champs cup SBC is out, offers up a rare mega pack for around 14-15k at current prices.

Better still, every single gold Englishman is going for 2.5k+ at the moment - good time to sell if you've got a few in your club
  • leon1309
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    89 Szcezny goes for 95-100k. Good short term investment?
  • Hey Guys i'm new to FUT this year been playing other modes of FIFA since a long time. I've been hearing a lot of chatter about how people sell of their entire squads for TOTS. The only reference I have is of people who have teams that are worth over 7-10 million coins. My team is only 1.3 Million since I only started playing a few months ago. Can anyone help me understand if it'll be worth selling all my 91s and IFs for a profit to prepare for TOTS? I'm debating if it'll even be worth selling my squad as I see TOTY players are selling for over 1M each. I'm looking for some suggestions please help.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    harshpats wrote: »
    Hey Guys i'm new to FUT this year been playing other modes of FIFA since a long time. I've been hearing a lot of chatter about how people sell of their entire squads for TOTS. The only reference I have is of people who have teams that are worth over 7-10 million coins. My team is only 1.3 Million since I only started playing a few months ago. Can anyone help me understand if it'll be worth selling all my 91s and IFs for a profit to prepare for TOTS? I'm debating if it'll even be worth selling my squad as I see TOTY players are selling for over 1M each. I'm looking for some suggestions please help.

Would'nt bother with a squad worth 1.3m. Just have fun and try to enjoy this **** of a game.
  • JamieT96 wrote: »
    Hey Guys i'm new to FUT this year been playing other modes of FIFA since a long time. I've been hearing a lot of chatter about how people sell of their entire squads for TOTS. The only reference I have is of people who have teams that are worth over 7-10 million coins. My team is only 1.3 Million since I only started playing a few months ago. Can anyone help me understand if it'll be worth selling all my 91s and IFs for a profit to prepare for TOTS? I'm debating if it'll even be worth selling my squad as I see TOTY players are selling for over 1M each. I'm looking for some suggestions please help.

Would'nt bother with a squad worth 1.3m. Just have fun and try to enjoy this **** of a game.

How does the TOTS work? Is it only SBCs or can we pack the TOTS players if we start saving packs from now onwards?
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 11
    JamieT96 wrote: »

How does the TOTS work? Is it only SBCs or can we pack the TOTS players if we start saving packs from now onwards?

Generally a 23 man squad is released for each major league (this changes every year) but so far the ones that have always been there are:

- TOTS most consistent (Players who haven't received any IF throughout the year) e.g Joao Moutinho.
    - Top 5 leagues
    - EFL
    - Rest of World in some form or another. Last year was top 50, the year previous they released a full 23 man squad for leagues such as Super League and Erdeivise.

They'll no doubt have a player from each major league available as a weekly objective either in rivals or online singles. (i.e if it's prem week then a prem player in the objectives)

Probably an SBC for a TOTS player (As above)

Now we get on to the fun stuff:

- Last year they had 2 guaranteed TOTS packs each week for the week of their league. (Again, read above). Can't remember the requirements but it was cheap.

- Finally, league upgrade packs giving you a premium gold players for 11 rates (League specific, first week is generally prem so they'll run for that week).

Also, yes if you start saving packs they can have TOTS cards in them as packs generate when you open them, not when you get them.

Also I'm sure I've left something out, feel free to add to this.
  • JamieT96 wrote: »
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Generally a 23 man squad is released for each major league (this changes every year) but so far the ones that have always been there are:

- TOTS most consistent (Players who haven't received any IF throughout the year) e.g Joao Moutinho.
    - Top 5 leagues
    - EFL
    - Rest of World in some form or another. Last year was top 50, the year previous they released a full 23 man squad for leagues such as Super League and Erdeivise.

They'll no doubt have a player from each major league available as a weekly objective either in rivals or online singles. (i.e if it's prem week then a prem player in the objectives)

Probably an SBC for a TOTS player (As above)

Now we get on to the fun stuff:

- Last year they had 2 guaranteed TOTS packs each week for the week of their league. (Again, read above). Can't remember the requirements but it was cheap.

- Finally, league upgrade packs giving you a premium gold players for 11 rates (League specific, first week is generally prem so they'll run for that week).

Also, yes if you start saving packs they can have TOTS cards in them as packs generate when you open them, not when you get them.

Also I'm sure I've left something out, feel free to add to this.

This was extremely helpful man! thank you so much..
  • hiya
    1494 posts Professional
    POTM today?
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    POTM today?

Yes should be. Hopefully one requiring a number of informs