• James Libby
    4575 posts National Call-Up
    Still no Goat....

Waiting for right price or SBC?

Either, or!!!
  • James Libby
    Still no GOAT.

The game is as dead as it's ever been for me.
  • Littleland95
    16132 posts Moderator
    Welcome, Dennis!!!

5dabadf90234295d937cf898240a69fb.gyf

17cf0356be61a55baf93d54f39b69b9b.gyf

He's awesome! Incredible shooting.
  • mjs4p
    10833 posts Has That Special Something
    Welcome, Dennis!!!

5dabadf90234295d937cf898240a69fb.gyf

17cf0356be61a55baf93d54f39b69b9b.gyf

Can’t wait to hear how he plays!
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bring on the GIFs
  • GoonerJoe88
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 19
    giphy.gif
  • mjs4p
    giphy.gif

FIFA ‘19; EA raining on everyone’s parade.
  • James Libby
    WHERE THE **** IS THE GOAT SBC?!?!?!?!?!
  • RebelRob
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    You might be lucky this coming week James!

Although the words might and lucky are the key words in that statement!

It is behind farcical now though really. Last years release schedule was bad, and they ea showed some kind of potential improvement with releasing them in batches offering some hope of having all of them sooner, but that was short lived and they quickly showed their ineptness with the 3rd batch I think it was!
  • mjs4p
    I just don’t get it. I understand about managing the market and keeping people waiting to in theory keep them playing the game, but for people striving towards certain top players, I understand them taking a long break or giving up all together by this point. If you have to wait 8 or 9 months for a certain player to either get the best version (which changed mid game) or not lose a boatload of coins, what’s the point?

EA have created some real negative sentiment with the way Icons (moments) and Icon SBCs have been handled this year. Very poor.
  • Currieman
    4901 posts National Call-Up
    mjs4p wrote: »
    I just don’t get it. I understand about managing the market and keeping people waiting to in theory keep them playing the game, but for people striving towards certain top players, I understand them taking a long break or giving up all together by this point. If you have to wait 8 or 9 months for a certain player to either get the best version (which changed mid game) or not lose a boatload of coins, what’s the point?

EA have created some real negative sentiment with the way Icons (moments) and Icon SBCs have been handled this year. Very poor.

Completely agree. It's all been handled so so badly.

Having to wait months into the game cycle for the best icons to be released as SBCs is awful. And some of them won't even been released.

Last year wasn't great but it's been a million miles better than this year. Who thought expiry dates was a good idea!?
  • James Libby
    edited March 22
    @mjs4p @RebelRob @Currieman

Replying to all of you here. I couldn't agree more. The Icon roll-out has been antithetical to the game's own aims. It's LESSENED hype and enjoyment, not heightened it (for me anyway). And I cannot agree more that while at the time we thought last year had issues (waiting to release Primes wasn't cool), the sad fact is it was better than this train wreck we are dealing with now.

The sad part for me is - and this is going to sound haughty, but it's just the truth - I slayed this year. Came out the gate hot, traded like an animal through December, and was cruising to 1000 goals with the goat with enough coin in the bank to do the Vieira, Roberto, Desailly, Bergkamp, Pires SBCs. I was content. Sure, some cool cards would pop from time to time and spice things up (think FFS Guendozi, RTG Mkhy, etc.) but I had a plan (based off of previous years), I executed by putting in the time and FP (early), and I was set to enjoy FIFA through TOTS and then maybe mix it up a bit.

And the simple fact of the matter is: EA knew that. And they purposefully and predator-ily pulled the rug out from all of us. I don't begrudge them making money - never have. in fact I often poke fun at those who moan on here, reminding them that at the end of the day it is a business. But this is a step too far - and it's not PIMs per say, it's the precedent. They can, and will, burn the forest down if it suits them - come what may. Call my crazy, but I'm actually worried that come June/July they will just release ANOTHER set of PIMs (maybe with a new name) and move the goal posts again.

I'm all for new cards, but there needs to be some degree of predictable limits or confines here - some way for the hardcore players to gauge the "living organism" that is the market and make some modicum of sense out of it all; otherwise, this is nothing more than capitalist chaos. The fact that they've purposely shied away from Icon submissions for Icon SBCs is evidence enough to know they are purposefully trying to change the game on us in a way that negatively affects those who tried to plan ahead - and for what? To punish those who love the game most?

Well done, EA. I hope you get what you're wishing for.
  • Currieman
    4901 posts National Call-Up
    Last year we didn't know when we were going to get the icons but at least we knew they were coming eventually and on a Throwback Thursday (and I think by now we'd already had Vieira, R10 and Henry with R9, Gullit and Maldini following in April!).

With these Moments SBCs we have been deprived of SBCs a big chunk of the primes and for some of them we won't even get a Moments SBC unless I'm mistaken.

The whole thing is a farce. The expiry dates on the early batches was a joke but might have made sense if they released all of the primes in batches (maybe one a week?) and then at the end they just re-released all of them with no expiry. However the way they have done it has just been ridiculous and just doesn't make sense.

Like you've said they are punishing the players that play this game the most. It's staggering.
  • James Libby
    GIVE US THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • James Libby
    WE DEMAND THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Littleland95
    16132 posts Moderator
    Hope something cool today.
  • RebelRob
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    If we don’t see Henry in this promo I’d be pretty surprised tbh.

Ok you may have to wait another 8 days or so (which is ridiculous in itself), but he must be due.
  • James Libby
    Hope something cool today.
    RebelRob wrote: »
    If we don’t see Henry in this promo I’d be pretty surprised tbh.

Ok you may have to wait another 8 days or so (which is ridiculous in itself), but he must be due.

You two are simply not horned enough!
  • WonderMouse
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Henry in 20 seconds?
  • James Libby
    Henry in 20 seconds?

Another day.

Another scorn-fest.

This is ANTI-horn, is what it is.
  • James Libby
    Donde esta.....

THE GOAT?!??!??!
  • ORANGEeffect05
    18585 posts World Class
    Donde esta.....

THE GOAT?!??!??!

la capra è qui

giphy.gif
  • James Libby
    Donde esta.....

THE GOAT?!??!??!

la capra è qui

giphy.gif

Don't be daft
  • mjs4p
    Henry today.....please?! :grimace:
  • James Libby
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Henry today.....please?! :grimace:

It's beyond annoying at this point. Haven't played in two weeks. I'm a prisoner of EA's lethargic, thoughtless, and predatory SBC release schedule.
  • James Libby
    Another day
    Without the goat
    No horn
    Pure scorn
    A castle
    Without a moat
    Forlorn
  • Littleland95
    16132 posts Moderator
    PIM Rivaldo day!