Is there a reason EA are ruining their product?

Fccheek
828 posts Semi-Pro
edited March 2019
Fut has been so lucrative for the past 10 years. Why is it all of a sudden they want to push away customer. I understand some of the marketing tactics but this is really getting ridiculous. They are actually offending their player base. They didn’t benefit in any way from this last war figo mess. No one will do it. If they made it affordable more people would sink coins and get 50 some stats on a card they already have. It would have taking coins from their account. It’s literally a slap in the face. But why? Why are they doing this? It will bite them in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this is getting bad

Comments

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Packs still selling out. They’re just trolling us
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

i am a pretty loyal fifa customer for the past 9 years. i rarely complained with what ever bad game play, market screw ups, glitches, bad servers, etc. What ever its a game cant be perfect. Since January this year i have felt betray like i am being scammed. i dont even have figo or best its the way they have treated everyone. why would i want to put money into a company that is not trust worthy. has set the tone for fut 20 for me. buyer beware
  • MHoney1234
    Fccheek wrote: »

i am a pretty loyal fifa customer for the past 9 years. i rarely complained with what ever bad game play, market screw ups, glitches, bad servers, etc. What ever its a game cant be perfect. Since January this year i have felt betray like i am being scammed. i dont even have figo or best its the way they have treated everyone. why would i want to put money into a company that is not trust worthy. has set the tone for fut 20 for me. buyer beware

Agree with what you say fella. I think the only way is down from here. It’s only getting worse
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro

Agree with what you say fella. I think the only way is down from here. It’s only getting worse

its just sad thats its actually dead. oh well, i guess ill have to start a family or something.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7448 posts League Winner

Packs aren’t coming close to selling out.
  • MHoney1234

5k left from on PS4 from 40k. Still 22 mins left. You don’t think they’ll sell out?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7448 posts League Winner

5k left from on PS4 from 40k. Still 22 mins left. You don’t think they’ll sell out?

They might today. But there have been tens of thousands left on other rounds.
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro

atleast they rnt selling out instantly like past promos but i guess if they sell they sell. just looks like theres alot less enthusiasm
  • MHoney1234

They might today. But there have been tens of thousands left on other rounds.

But they’re still selling 10’s of thousands of packs. Hopefully people just stop altogether

atleast they rnt selling out instantly like past promos but i guess if they sell they sell. just looks like theres alot less enthusiasm

True
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7448 posts League Winner
    They also lower the amounts as the promo goes on, so it looks like they’re selling a bunch. Friday lightening rounds were way more than 40k. They will offer less to try to ensure they sell out. People see only a few thousand left and buy. But see 20,000 left with a few minutes to go and don’t load up points. It’s all psychology.
  • MHoney1234
    They also lower the amounts as the promo goes on, so it looks like they’re selling a bunch. Friday lightening rounds were way more than 40k. They will offer less to try to ensure they sell out. People see only a few thousand left and buy. But see 20,000 left with a few minutes to go and don’t load up points. It’s all psychology.

I get ya mate.
  • TheMightyBee
    3769 posts National Call-Up
    They have this weird attitude that they are at war with their customers
  • Mjdtheman
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    I believe it’s coming to an end so they are trying to get as much money as possible
  • TheKillers246
    1213 posts Professional
    Mjdtheman wrote: »
    I believe it’s coming to an end so they are trying to get as much money as possible
    This, the cash cow is dying
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    Greed..

Don’t give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about the product it’s just about selling as many Fifa points as possible
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    They ignore our complaints about servers and gameplay.
    Then fire out as many promos s they can think of purely to take our money.
    EA are the scum of the gaming world.
  • ofaroldainternet
    1072 posts Professional
    I have two friends who play fifa. They don't come to the forums or care about the promos or SBCs. They just play.
    They don't complain, they feel the game is awesome.
    Maybe that's the attitude of the majority of the players and we stay here complaining, while ea is catering to those players who feel fine about the game.
    Just my two cents...
  • Pacey3_16
    2335 posts National Call-Up
    ££££££
  • lippyone
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Be careful what you wish for people. If EA really did pull the plug on this game you would all have to get a life.
    No more constant whinging and complaining, no spending all day on forums saying how terrible the game is. No more weekend league or rivals.
    It is in all our interests that EA sell lots of packs
  • I SiR MartY I
    9358 posts League Winner
    lippyone wrote: »
    Be careful what you wish for people. If EA really did pull the plug on this game you would all have to get a life.
    No more constant whinging and complaining, no spending all day on forums saying how terrible the game is. No more weekend league or rivals.

No, its not.

The biggest improvements EA made to the game were when they were in 2nd place to PES. Konami had the better game for a number of years and EA upped their game releasing a better FIFA every year until were on top again.

Then EA continued to build on that with FIFA 09/FIFA10/WC 2010 which were all amazing games, but once UT started to take off, EA have gone backwards with gameplay, focused on UT only, shafted every other mode and treated their fans like complete garbage.

UT/FIFA bombing would be the best thing to happen to the series, PES will never return to its former glory but if pack sales and game sales dried up, EA would be forced to step up their game again, just like did in the 00s.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why? For money. Thats why.
    I mean, why on earth would they make a better game, when they can make the same game from last year, and continue to make millions upon millions far after the release of the game with packs.
    So long as packs sell, the game will not improve. I was buying packs (I've only been playing for the last two years though), and have completely stopped when I realized this.
  • Devin85
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2019
    Yeah!They see us and treat us as addicts and not as customers.And l mean seriously. As long as they don't see you as addict,they feed you with good gameplay,better pack pulls -trying to lure you in.And as soon as you show them sights of addiction everything changes to opposite.You become a punching bag for noobs-potential addicts,milking cows in the future.It's like addiction factory.First addict creates second,second creats third and so on.And at the same time all this process frustrates the crap out of player and very likely he will try to escape frustration by upgrading his team.Upgrading by using real money of course!
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16651 posts World Class
    I have two friends who play fifa. They don't come to the forums or care about the promos or SBCs. They just play.
    They don't complain, they feel the game is awesome.
    Maybe that's the attitude of the majority of the players and we stay here complaining, while ea is catering to those players who feel fine about the game.
    Just my two cents...

Yeah I've a friend that still plays the game but only plays online seasons and doesn't come on here or anything and he bought the game about a month ago and I told him it was absolutely shocking and he said he had been playing it alot in his brothers and thinks it's fantastic.

• Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    Fut has been so lucrative for the past 10 years. Why is it all of a sudden they want to push away customer. I understand some of the marketing tactics but this is really getting ridiculous. They are actually offending their player base. They didn’t benefit in any way from this last war figo mess. No one will do it. If they made it affordable more people would sink coins and get 50 some stats on a card they already have. It would have taking coins from their account. It’s literally a slap in the face. But why? Why are they doing this? It will bite them in the **** this is getting bad

There's a chance next year what's happened in Belgium will happen in other countries that's why
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something

except they're not. the 100k packs expired w/ 30,000 unopened...
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2019
    Fut has been so lucrative for the past 10 years. Why is it all of a sudden they want to push away customer. I understand some of the marketing tactics but this is really getting ridiculous. They are actually offending their player base. They didn’t benefit in any way from this last war figo mess. No one will do it. If they made it affordable more people would sink coins and get 50 some stats on a card they already have. It would have taking coins from their account. It’s literally a slap in the face. But why? Why are they doing this? It will bite them in the **** this is getting bad

There's a chance next year what's happened in Belgium will happen in other countries that's why

Yea I didn’t believe it at first but I am really starting to. They will find a way around it selling players for money or what not but the fact they throw their player base under the bus is sicking. Hope it happens. Last year I would have been sad if it did but I don’t even care about the game mode nearly as much and hope they get what they deserve
  • Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up

Yea I didn’t believe it at first but I am really starting to. They will find a way around it selling players for money or what not but the fact they throw their player base under the bus is sicking

Its all about the promos personally I don't care about the shiny new cards if the gameplay is awful but this year its all about promos where 18 was probably best fifa game that ever came out
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro

Hopefully after today’s terrible sales they drop a big icon or a good repeatable sbc. Ether would drive people to open theme
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    lippyone wrote: »

🤣 There is actually some truth to this.
  • limjitwe
    9960 posts Has That Special Something
    The latest Figo issue is just incompetence.