FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Anyone on here following March Madness during the international break. How’s your bracket looking so far?
  • dannyboy
    12751 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone on here following March Madness during the international break. How’s your bracket looking so far?

I am. 81% correct so far, bit worse than last year.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    edited March 24
    dannyboy wrote: »

I am. 81% correct so far, bit worse than last year.

I’m at 96% right now. Ranked 604k on ESPNs tournament challenge 😂 Tennessee scared the crap out of me. Have them in the final four 😬

3 teams I had in the sweet 16 lost in the first round though 🤦‍♂️
  • dannyboy
    East&south look pretty good for me, but the northwest ruined my bracket. :/
    Just need Duke to win the whole thing
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    dannyboy wrote: »
    East&south look pretty good for me, but the northwest ruined my bracket. :/
    Just need Duke to win the whole thing

I’ve got them beating Texas tech in the final four and then Kentucky in the final. Tennessee losing to Kentucky.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    @dannyboy damn!!!! Our brackets just about busted right there 😂😂😂
  • dannyboy
    RJ legend
  • LAboog4
    489 posts Sunday League Hero
    I filled out a bracket on ESPN, 306k ranked. Still have all sweet 16 teams too. This is the best I have ever done and the first year I have watched barely any basketball... I guess it's true, usually the people who guess do the best.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I filled out a bracket on ESPN, 306k ranked. Still have all sweet 16 teams too. This is the best I have ever done and the first year I have watched barely any basketball... I guess it's true, usually the people who guess do the best.

All of your sweet 16 teams are still alive? I didn’t think there were any perfect brackets left with ESPN
  • dannyboy
    I screwed it up in the first round, but got 13 of the sweet sixteen so that's decent
  • LAboog4

All of your sweet 16 teams are still alive? I didn’t think there were any perfect brackets left with ESPN

My bracket isn't perfect. I lost some first round games.
  • Alastair
    9653 posts Moderator

Wish I was a fly on the wall in that dressing room.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »

Wish I was a fly on the wall in that dressing room.

😂😂😂 there has to be somebody who caught a video
  • LAboog4
    The Spurs games I have watched this year, Lloris has clearly dropped off. Today's mistake was another huge one.

On the other hand, I have watched around 10 Liverpool games this year and I don't think there is a luckier team around. Teams just seem to make awful mistakes at key moments against them and most are not forced (like today.)

I would be mad if I was a City fan.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    The Spurs games I have watched this year, Lloris has clearly dropped off. Today's mistake was another huge one.

On the other hand, I have watched around 10 Liverpool games this year and I don't think there is a luckier team around. Teams just seem to make awful mistakes at key moments against them and most are not forced (like today.)

It’s payback from the horrible luck we had last year 😂😂😂
  • LAboog4

The bad luck must have moved to London. Tottenham and Arsenal have the worst luck this year in terms on injuries, scheduling and ball bounces.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner

The bad luck must have moved to London. Tottenham and Arsenal have the worst luck this year in terms on injuries, scheduling and ball bounces.

I think Chelsea and the 19 times they have hit the woodwork would disagree with you 😂
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    At the end, I thought the 1-2 would finally fall... IMO, as much as I consider Klopp a great manager, it was an error to dismantle the midfield to play with 4 forwards. Spurs enjoyed a couple of counter-attacks that could have killed the game... but Liverpool had no midfield!!!!

It was very lucky, because the goal came out of nowhere... although I believe Llorin was poor in that action. The ball headed by Salah was too soft and the goalkeeper must retain the ball there.

The league is very open, but I believe City will end up winning it.
  • LAboog4
    I tend to follow Spurs more due to family connections but I'm no expert on them. Though I do think Lloris needs to go. Gazziniga (spelling?) Sounds like the guy fans want to be given a chance and I can't say I disagree.

From his days in Germany Klopp used to do random tactics like he did today whenever the team was in a struggle. It sounds like Liverpool have been in a poor run of sorts from the way the announcers talked about dropping 11 points recently so I'm not surprised he did a crazy 4 striker front.

I agree with @subpop City are still the favorites to me. Watching the teams play City look clearly better but had a slow start which made the league wide open.

In Bundesliga Dortmund took advantage of Bayerns slip up to move back ahead. Sadly Stuttgart were poor again today and look set on playing the playoff match to hopefully stay in the league.
  • Ashy
    8613 posts League Winner
    Reevaluation time

Man City
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Man Utd
    Chelsea
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    At some point I think people have to admit a bit too that it’s just not all luck. This Liverpool team has some heart and fight to it. City should be walking to the trophy again and instead we are right there with them 😎
  • DB1512
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    What really annoyed me the last matches of Spurs is the fact Pochettino can make phonecalls from the tribune to the bench while he is suspended. How is it possible he did this a couple times?
  • Alastair
    9653 posts Moderator
    DB1512 wrote: »
    What really annoyed me the last matches of Spurs is the fact Pochettino can make phonecalls from the tribune to the bench while he is suspended. How is it possible he did this a couple times?

He's got a touchline ban. That's different to a complete management ban (which don't exist). Touchline has a massive effect because the manager shouting instructions is different to the assistant in terms of how much it'll motivate the players.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »

At least he was smart and called. Mourinho used to send notes 😂
  • LAboog4
    At some point I think people have to admit a bit too that it’s just not all luck. This Liverpool team has some heart and fight to it. City should be walking to the trophy again and instead we are right there with them 😎

I agree Liverpool do have heart but then you see comments like TAA yesterday saying "we wanted it more" NO YOU DIDN'T. LOL

That's why I get frustrated with LFC, comments from Klopp are laughable and the players buy into it. You didn't want it more, Lloris just choked like he does in most big games.

To start the year I thought City should walk away with it. In January I thought Liverpool would walk away with it since they had a 7(?) Point lead and City struggled without KDB. But now it's a close race and should be a good finish.

I agree with @Ashy I see Arsenal and Spurs as 3/4 but not sure what order. Depends how Spurs adjust to the new stadium and if Arsenal can pick up the away form.

I like the new United but they have looked shaky lately and the injuries will start to catch up to them I believe.
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Will be interesting to see what happens to Fulham. We really all missed our guesses on them this year. Shocking how pitiful they have been. They have some good attacking options but man the are going to lose so much money on a few of them now, Sessegnon especially. His price tag will probably half of what it was rumored at last summer.
  • LAboog4
    Will be interesting to see what happens to Fulham. We really all missed our guesses on them this year. Shocking how pitiful they have been. They have some good attacking options but man the are going to lose so much money on a few of them now, Sessegnon especially. His price tag will probably half of what it was rumored at last summer.

I can see Fulham doing a mass sell and dropping 5-8 players quickly.

Spurs finally have a home today. From the videos posted and the Arlo White comments it sounds like one of the best stadiums in Europe. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to it today and if all the excitement/energy will wear off by half-time and they look sluggish at the end.

As I'm writing this, Bayern are down to 10 men and trailing 2-1 at half of the Pokal quater-final. What an upset this could be.
  • Ashy
    8613 posts League Winner
    I think Palace give Spurs a good game and take home a point, nerves will hit Spurs and their bad form doesn't help
  • Wyojasond
    9788 posts League Winner
    Spurs new stadium looks amazing. Heard yesterday it has its own micro-brewery 😮