Lightning rounds not selling out

Comments

• Soulja85
    50 posts Park Captain
    Pack weight is just too low
    Pack weight is a joke. I won't be spending another penny on fifa 19. Its no wonder people buy coins.
  • HullCity1904
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    Players have finally had enough
    All of the above
  • smcali23
    1113 posts Professional
    How they messed this game up so much I'll never know. It's infuriating to play.
  • Batman442
    3466 posts National Call-Up
    Rare players should only be 82rated upwards, players with value some bit of value and there is still hundreds of these cards. There is too much terrible rare cards in the game. EA really don't know what rare means, when there is 3-4m 75-80 rated rare cards on the market it doesn't mean they are rare.
  • limjitwe
    6100 posts Big Money Move
    Money ran out
    Batman442 wrote: »
    Rare players should only be 82rated upwards, players with value some bit of value and there is still hundreds of these cards. There is too much terrible rare cards in the game. EA really don't know what rare means, when there is 3-4m 75-80 rated rare cards on the market it doesn't mean they are rare.

They are just fillers.
  • Springveldt
    4349 posts National Call-Up
    Spent $300... got a new credit card and said why not... Best pull with $300 was 3x 85 kompany and 2 81 informs.... that's ridiculous, can't even do half a pim cbc for $300? Not spending another penny on this bs. I have 6 kagawa in my transfer list which are basically discards.
    I hope this is a troll post.

No way should people be getting new credit cards to buy FIFA Points. If you are doing that, you have issues.
  • Springveldt
    4349 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 24
    1.1% chance on a 50K pack, 3% chance on a 125K "Ultimate" pack.

Maybe after the threads I've seen here and on Reddit the kids are actually starting to understand probabilities and are understanding just how **** those odds really are.

I don't care if people think it will "kill the market" but if you are buying a pack for £16 you should get something that actually reflects that value, not an 83 or 84 card that sells for 5K when you have EA pricing all PIM SBC's in the millions. It's actually scandalous.

It reminds me of the EA exec once saying about first person shooters that one you get players hooked you could start charging them for bullets in game since they are no longer "price sensitive" at that point. This is what they have done to FIFA, they have made the player base so oblivious to the actual real world value that they expect all new cards to cost hundreds of pounds or hundreds of hours of gameplay. It's sickening really.

Found the quote, it was actually the CEO at the time...
    "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time."

"A consumer gets engaged in a property, they might spend 10,20,30,50 hours on the game and then when they're deep into the game they're well invested in in. We're not gouging, but we're charging and at that point in time the commitment can be pretty high."

"But it is a great model and I think it represents a substantially better future for the industry."
  • Fccheek
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Other,...
    1.1% chance on a 50K pack, 3% chance on a 125K "Ultimate" pack.

Maybe after the threads I've seen here and on Reddit the kids are actually starting to understand probabilities and are understanding just how **** those odds really are.

I don't care if people think it will "kill the market" but if you are buying a pack for £16 you should get something that actually reflects that value, not an 83 or 84 card that sells for 5K when you have EA pricing all PIM SBC's in the millions. It's actually scandalous.

It reminds me of the EA exec once saying about first person shooters that one you get players hooked you could start charging them for bullets in game since they are no longer "price sensitive" at that point. This is what they have done to FIFA, they have made the player base so oblivious to the actually real world value that they expect all new cards to cost hundreds of pounds or hundreds of hours of gameplay. It's sickening really.

Found the quote, it was actually the CEO at the time...
    "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time."

"A consumer gets engaged in a property, they might spend 10,20,30,50 hours on the game and then when they're deep into the game they're well invested in in. We're not gouging, but we're charging and at that point in time the commitment can be pretty high."

"But it is a great model and I think it represents a substantially better future for the industry."

This mentality might sell packs for the short turn but will also wake people up over time that they r being taken advantage of. Fifa is sorta hitting that point they have gone to the well too many times this year and have even given the people there bullit for over 6 months
  • Gnomenclature
    1595 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spent $300... got a new credit card and said why not... Best pull with $300 was 3x 85 kompany and 2 81 informs.... that's ridiculous, can't even do half a pim cbc for $300? Not spending another penny on this bs. I have 6 kagawa in my transfer list which are basically discards.
    I hope this is a troll post.

No way should people be getting new credit cards to buy FIFA Points. If you are doing that, you have issues.

Lol, not a troll. Didn't get the card for fifa... just a new card... I wouldn't spend the money if I couldn't afford it, I'm just fine in that department. It's more about the value of it. $300 could buy a new console ffs. I usually spend about a $100 each promo, but I'll be stopping that after this one.
  • Eroberto
    1360 posts Professional
    Other,...
    I think it’s a combination of all the reasons listed. I think that’s why EA did the twitch drop thing to try and entice people to open packs by watching the streamers pack birthday cards and icons.
  • Skely
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    This year was just too much. EA pushed to far. Pack weight, game play, to many cards, PIM icons after people had prime done...Last year at this time we had R9. This year...
    I enrolled for this WL, and have yet to turn the console on. Every time I think about, I remember how is been tedious, and not rewarding. Just sad... FUT WAS a great mode.
  • Futfanatic
    11280 posts Has That Special Something
    Eroberto wrote: »
    I think it’s a combination of all the reasons listed. I think that’s why EA did the twitch drop thing to try and entice people to open packs by watching the streamers pack birthday cards and icons.

Yeah about that twitch drop thing, isn’t that the most scummy thing ever? Look at the icons they were giving away, Ronaldo, Gullit, Pele etc. They know exactly which icons the community want and when it comes to enticing people by watching others opening packs they use those big icons but let us have one in an sbc now when it’s almost April? Hell no! Disgusting.
  • Players have finally had enough
    EA are legit evil. As they hold all the rights they are the only company who can really make a football game. And this is what they have done. Built an exploitative game model that functions on addiction, for the sole purpose of making as much money as possible, and has zero care given to the actual game experience. Sickening.

Genuinely think anyone who works in the FIFA division at EA should ask themselves if its worth it working for such a scummy company
  • Fccheek
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Other,...
    Skely wrote: »
    This year was just too much. EA pushed to far. Pack weight, game play, to many cards, PIM icons after people had prime done...Last year at this time we had R9. This year...
    I enrolled for this WL, and have yet to turn the console on. Every time I think about, I remember how is been tedious, and not rewarding. Just sad... FUT WAS a great mode.

It honestly has ruined it haven’t play weekend league in a month u have nothing to work for. It’s like we are a horse and the top primes r the carrot. But we rnt horses and can tell when someone’s **** with us. This has been so disrespectful. Happy heir packs rnt selling
  • I SiR MartY I
    5116 posts Big Money Move
    Other,...
    £15.99 for a 2% chance at a card when only a handful of those cards are valuable. You're more likely to get 10k back for £15.99 spent.

Pack weight is a joke, pack prices are a joke. Hopefully people are actually getting bored of these promos with almost no chance at packing any and are stopping.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12546 posts Has That Special Something
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Back in my day you had to win D1 for 15k now they just hand out hundreds of thousands of coins

Except previously you could complete divisions multimes times a day instead of 1 payout per week.
  • MHoney1234
    7015 posts Big Money Move
    £15.99 for a 2% chance at a card when only a handful of those cards are valuable. You're more likely to get 10k back for £15.99 spent.

Pack weight is a joke, pack prices are a joke. Hopefully people are actually getting bored of these promos with almost no chance at packing any and are stopping.

It was 1.1 % for 15.99. Unreal
  • Mrhey31
    967 posts Professional
    and even if you do get a walkout its worth 20k. Why even bother.
  • ELSALCFC
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Even the platinum card holders don’t want van dijk as a striker...
  • CovLee_Candice
    3956 posts National Call-Up
    They are too much no vieira, henry, gullit, r9 and dinho
  • AFC_95
    8787 posts League Winner
    Way too many promos, and most have been rubbish - including FUT birthday.
  • Mic2904
    1928 posts Play-Off Hero

Please let this be a troll post.... This is exactly why EA is doing what they are doing! It doesn't matter if you can afford it or not but 300 quid for a game that last 10 month at best is nuts.
  • WarrenBarton
    6450 posts Big Money Move
    Other,...
    Mic2904 wrote: »

Please let this be a troll post.... This is exactly why EA is doing what they are doing! It doesn't matter if you can afford it or not but 300 quid for a game that last 10 month at best is nuts.

I think the fact that it’s using credit means it'snot currently affordable for him. Either that or he’s trying to improve his credit rating I guess.
  • mindm4ster
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    it really baffles me how can someone spend 20$ on ONE freakin pack in this garbage game
  • Keano
    10617 posts Has That Special Something
    RebelRob wrote: »
    All of the above.

• OZero
    4485 posts National Call-Up
    Other,...
    Just wanna add one more point: it’s also due to EA **** up the market (investor) by making 83-86 cards too cheap. This has massively backfired
  • Bags
    443 posts Sunday League Hero

there has been this sort of post on here every week since launch. It boggles my mind how many people fall for it.

It's the equivalent of an Nigeria prince asking for your bank account cos he wants to transfer you a million dollars
  • Skely
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    Bags wrote: »

there has been this sort of post on here every week since launch. It boggles my mind how many people fall for it.

It's the equivalent of an Nigeria prince asking for your bank account cos he wants to transfer you a million dollars

Is a addiction for a game we love! We don’t think 20 bucks is a lot, and FUT in a competitive mode. We want to have the best team. It adds up, sadly. And honestly... I think most people that do spend money don’t care.... the problem is not the money... but I think we all getting tired of the value.
    Honestly, I think if they just increased drop rate( they will around tots) people forget all the bad. Get happy to pack a blue card for 50 bucks...and will be excited about fifa 20 all over again.
    Now imagine... if they give us a free icon
    People will love ea. Wait... if they drop a big icon people will be back and want to play. EA has all this power... and we aloud them.