Bought Messi card ... wow ! I mean WOW!

Maximus AK47
2411 posts Fans' Favourite
Finally I decided to stop waiting tilll he drops ... and decided to buy Messi

Got him for 490 k . Not cheapest as market went up a bit after crappy FutBD promo :)))))

And I must admit - MESSI IS GOD on this game.

I play him Cf in 4411 and Cam in 433(3).

He is soooo good . I mean next level good ! I have tried great icons on same position- PIM Bergkamp/ ADP/ Zola/ Stoichkov/ Raul. And no one comes closer to genius little Messi !!!

Best attributes:
- pace feels above 90 ( Ben Yedder speed type)
- Dribbling and ball control ( I must say Messi is better than likes of Neymar in ball control)
- Shooting ( WOW ! So much power )
- Passing - too class
- And finally presence and involvement !!! (Very important! Some prime cards have great stats but they are not involved in game so much as Messi - don’t know why :((((

Cons ? - haven’t noticed any yet . Stamina ? - not so much , put him in “stay forward “ , strength - maybe just a little bit , not too bad.
He can even tackle and press defenders !!

Godly card !!! Better than last year and top quality , above many ICONs in game .

I am glad I decided to give him a go and not waited till TOTS

What’s your impression of his card ?... share your reviews :)

Comments

• ILevis
    1417 posts Professional
    I really like him aswell

But i have to say that i found his stamina problematic as a central CAM in 4231

I ended up moving him to RCAM after about a week because that position drains stamina slower

Have been super happy with him ever since, best winger i have played with so far
  • DevineAaron
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He was a beast for me. His positioning was very good. Got him for 850k at the time. Then sold him later for 700k.
  • Maximus AK47
    El_Nino wrote: »
    With your profile picture a Messi review from you is about as reliable as a Torres review from me

Dude I see what you mean . :)

I am not trying to sell him her :) it’s up to you trust it or not .

That’s my honest review and opinion

Firstly I tried many Icons on that role and wasn’t very impressed. That’s why decided to go for Messi

Secondly , yes I bug him every year but closer to the end of game during TOTS...May-June

And finally I never keep card I don’t like in game no matter how I love a player in real life.
    For instance - Shevchenko is my true icon on real life .... but his card in FiFa is not at all !!!! Every FIfa I try Sheva several times and sell him because the card is not great ,:(

Sheva must be like Crespo card . The played similar in real life .. but EA keeps making Sheva card average...

So that’s my point there )

• Maximus AK47
    He was a beast for me. His positioning was very good. Got him for 850k at the time. Then sold him later for 700k.
    Thanks mate . Who do you have instead of him ? And is this card better ?

• Bilbao_Baggins
    4116 posts National Call-Up
    I am waiting for his CB card to be released.
  • VelvetThunder
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have to disagree about Sheva, he’s just scored his 200th goal for my club, he can do everything! Partnership with Ibra is the best I’ve had this year.
  • Maximus AK47
    edited March 2019
    I am waiting for his CB card to be released.
    :smiley: man :) I have almost fell of the chair laughing:)))

Good one :)))

Maybe GK is better for him ? With Cat Chemistry:))))
  • Maximus AK47
    Have to disagree about Sheva, he’s just scored his 200th goal for my club, he can do everything! Partnership with Ibra is the best I’ve had this year.

I am happy for you mate . Honestly .

I just didn’t have that feeling of his card neither this year or last year .

Mainly due to - work rates (kills stamina a lot) , a bit clumsy on the ball , not as agile as many top ST, lack of 4*. And slow acceleration... I mean on this game with servers lags , slow acceleration means a card will feel too slow all the time .

Try Crespo and compare

Crespo is beast on this game and has all Sheva offers and min more

Seriously

• Lackosweat
    9381 posts League Winner
    Finally people realise how good Messi is in this damn game. Just don’t sprint or abuse La croquetta, stick to how he plays irl and he will shine.
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional

Got him for 490 k . Not cheapest as market went up a bit after crappy FutBD promo :)))))

He is soooo good . I mean next level good ! I have tried great icons on same position- PIM Bergkamp/ ADP/ Zola/ Stoichkov/ Raul. And no one comes closer to genius little Messi !!!

Best attributes:
    - Dribbling and ball control ( I must say Messi is better than likes of Neymar in ball control)
    - Passing - too class
    - And finally presence and involvement !!! (Very important! Some prime cards have great stats but they are not involved in game so much as Messi - don’t know why :((((

Cons ? - haven’t noticed any yet . Stamina ? - not so much , put him in “stay forward “ , strength - maybe just a little bit , not too bad.

Godly card !!! Better than last year and top quality , above many ICONs in game .

Meh. I live in Argentina and I’ve got this mate who always said messi was his end game goal. Anyway, he could finally afford him and he went on about how good he was for like a week. Two weeks later he sold him. True story that.
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    smcali23 wrote: »

Best attributes:
    - Passing - too class

Meh. I live in Argentina and I’ve got this mate who always said messi was his end game goal. Anyway, he could finally afford him and he went on about how good he was for like a week. Two weeks later he sold him. True story that.

I’ve had different variations of him since November and he still starts every game as my rst. Probably played almost 1000 games combined between the 3 versions I’ve had and I have loved using them all
  • Messi181
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unbiased review... he is amazing.
  • Maximus AK47
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Finally people realise how good Messi is in this damn game. Just don’t sprint or abuse La croquetta, stick to how he plays irl and he will shine.

People like colored flashy cards )

Two golds never leave my clubs this year - Neymar and Messi
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional

Best attributes:
    - Passing - too class

I’ve had different variations of him since November and he still starts every game as my rst. Probably played almost 1000 games combined between the 3 versions I’ve had and I have loved using them all

I love him as a player, but as a FIFA card? They screwed him on purpose. All goes back to Barcelona signing with pes.

• Maximus AK47
    Update played 3 games in WL

Messi brought 3 consequentive wins . 3 goals and 1 assist.

Another Messi quality that is stand out - ability to keep ball and dribble , and shot with both legs in tight space.

Definitely the game changer !
  • Maximus AK47

Best attributes:
    - Passing - too class

Man . I can’t judge why your buddy didn’t like the card and sold it

I haven’t played him this fifa before today .

Started in WL , 6-0 so far . Messi scores every game 1-2 goals

But stats on goals / assists is not what distinguishes him.

Messi is just very fun fluid card who is always in the right place and defenders can’t get the ball of him ...

My Neymar card scores less than Bale / Saint-Maxim/ Dembele IF

But he is the best winger this fifa and sooooo fun on the ball...

But again . That’s all my own opinion on Messi today. Maybe I will hate this card tomorrow:$))) lol

• Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Messi is good on the game???? Shocker.
  • Maximus AK47
    Rebound19 wrote: »

C’mon mate :) another skeptic? )

My post was not to say “ eureka “ I invented the Messi :)

I know how many gamers are probably hesitating I’m getting him ... and wanted to share my observations how good this card is

I actually didn’t expect him to be that good and bought Raul 88 for CF as well (in case I don’t like Messi card)

• Maximus AK47
    edited March 2019
    Rebound19 wrote: »

And secondly everyone seems to use CR7 on ST , like every 2nd team in WL...

CR7 card is efficient on this game of course ( just broken EA mechanics)
    But IT IS not fun card to play !!

He feels a bit inertive and not agile and not quick as in previous fifas

CR7 pros are - shoots from any position ( people just spam them ), headers (other people also spam crosses to him) and physics .

He is like a tank :) not sexy card :)

I don’t see many gamers using Messi , except PROs in the FIfa tourney
  • BernaLeo87
    494 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2019
    Agree, played over 750 games so far with his normal card & will never leave my squad. Wish I could upgrade to 98 ST card but can't afford it.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5215 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone who’s used him knows how amazing he is
  • lippyone
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    When all my players are missing their shots or hitting the post, Messi normally comes to the rescue.
  • Maximus AK47
    lippyone wrote: »
    When all my players are missing their shots or hitting the post, Messi normally comes to the rescue.
    That’s what I noticed as well !

Great card , genius player in real life :)
  • Bbbbbbbb
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play him ccam behind Cristiano Ronaldo. I love his card. Had him in a la Liga team a while back Andover him, but hated the team and sold it. Realised I finally had enough for CR and messi in the same team so decided it was time to do it and I love having them both. Only complaint about messi is he is weak. Players run into him and he bounces away back
  • Djone3
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bbbbbbbb wrote: »
    I play him ccam behind Cristiano Ronaldo. I love his card. Had him in a la Liga team a while back Andover him, but hated the team and sold it. Realised I finally had enough for CR and messi in the same team so decided it was time to do it and I love having them both. Only complaint about messi is he is weak. Players run into him and he bounces away back

I run those two as well in a 4312, they work well, the amount of key passes that Messi makes to put CR7 through is just too good.
  • Maximus AK47
    Bbbbbbbb wrote: »

True mate . I try to avoid contact situations with him . Making some skills dribbling around the box and when oponent pulls 1-2 players I pass around or make one-two pass with Rb .

La croqueta skill move helps a lot when defenders run into him .
  • Batman442
    5985 posts Big Money Move
    I feel like giving a Batman review after reading this
  • cdbuck26
    3907 posts National Call-Up
    Batman442 wrote: »
    I feel like giving a Batman review after reading this

Go for it
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Best attributes:
    - Passing - too class

Honestly, I have him, use him every game, but he is definitely not my highest goal to game ratio scorer. I do enjoy playing with him.

Cons : He has no strength in fifa, which I think is a little stupid considering the crap he does in real life when getting pushed around by people twice his size. But , it is what it is.