The HUGE difference of playing being the home team/away team

Rename123456
69 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Am I the only one who feels the game way different? I just played a game being the away team and my lord, couldn't pass the ball at all, my players taked a huge amount of time to do it..I try to do "La croqueta" and my guy instead was doing a McGeady Spin and a flick LOL.

Comments

• lippyone
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    I worry more about the ridiculous stadiums some people use, full of shadow and glare.
  • Lacerda111
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    lippyone wrote: »
    I worry more about the ridiculous stadiums some people use, full of shadow and glare.

this, i dont care bout the rest
  • FijiBoy
    207 posts Sunday League Hero
    Doesn't really matter. Match making is completely unpredictable. Plus you will end up with the amount of wins you usually get.
  • Gorda
    3445 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 22
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter. Match making is completely unpredictable. Plus you will end up with the amount of wins you usually get.

This, kids that only play homegames need to grow up and stop watching YouTubers.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10639 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 22
    It literally makes no difference whatsoever whether you play at home or away. The only reason pros do this is to avoid each other and anyone that isn't top 100 doing this are just sheep.

I played 2 full weekends all away games when this first became a thing and had my best 2 weekends of the year. Nothing but a placebo.
  • It literally makes no difference whatsoever whether you play at home or away. The only reason pros do this is to avoid each other and anyone that isn't top 100 doing this are just sheep.

I played 2 full weekends all away games when this first became a thing and had my best 2 weekends of the year. Nothing but a placebo.

This just isnt true. Whether or not it makes a difference depends on which server you are getting routed through.

Ie in New Zealand, the difference between home and away is enourmous
  • smcali23
    1185 posts Professional
    I prefer away. Tried that home malarky for a few weekend leagues, maybe it's my distance to the servers but I would rather play away.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4623 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 23
    I find the connection to be far better when I’m at home. Faster and smoother. But it doesn’t give me an advantage. I get the same record in weekend league no matter if a I play all home, all away or mix. But the connection does seem better.

Edit: it doesn’t give me an overall advantage. I’m good 2 no matter what. But it may give me an advantage in certain games.
  • Alex_cr
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    It amazes me the length people will go to to justify only playing at home. We all know where it came from and we all know why people do it.

It’s fine, you’re all cheating yourself of course, but it’s only a game.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10639 posts Has That Special Something
    It literally makes no difference whatsoever whether you play at home or away. The only reason pros do this is to avoid each other and anyone that isn't top 100 doing this are just sheep.

This just isnt true. Whether or not it makes a difference depends on which server you are getting routed through.

Ok then keep telling yourself that 😂

There's only one reason the pros and YouTubers started this trend and it was only to avoid each other, connection had absolutely nothing to do with it and now all the sheep are following and trying to justify it by saying it's a better connection.
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    The thing I noticed was it decides who goes first.
  • Gnomenclature
    2184 posts Fans' Favourite
    I always thought it was because of kickoff goals... sometimes I think the home players get a boost from the fans when they start roaring. You know, that crescendo dull roar that builds up when your attacking and need a goal? Probably just in my head though...
  • lippyone
    825 posts Semi-Pro

Are New Zealanders not generally matched with other New Zealanders? Half the teams I play seem to be either Wellington Pheonix or in all white colours
  • Rename123456
    69 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's the truth..I been playing home/away games and when I play being the home team my players are way faster and more responsive rather when I play away