Comments

• SimenHP
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi181 wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    For all cards we might see the famous 'dead cat bounce', but with Fut Birthday having potentially some cracking cards and TOTS just around the corner, prices will only go one way for high rated cards... DOWN!

I sold my 90 Gullit last night... I am tracking his price it over the last few hours he went down 100k per hour 😳

He will only keep going down, 2.8m for his 90 is way too expensive. Last year his prime went down to 1m, so this year I can see his 90 going down to around 1m and his prime 1.5-1.8m (or maybe even cheaper depending on his 94 sbc price), seeing as every "meta" player is around 500k-1m more this time now compared to last year

Don't be stupid his prime was never 1m

When looking at Futbin his cheapest says 1.3m, but I actually followed his price around a week last year around early June and I actually got many of his for 1m and sold over night for profit. Maybe he wasn't as cheap as 1m in normal price, but he was very easy to get around that price

Dude cant compare June to April plus last year everything went down like mad for world cup mode. By this time last year we had r9, r10, maldinia and gullit SBC. No chance gullits prime be under 2m this year let alone 1.3m.

You are right about that you can't compare April to June, players in June are ALWAYS cheaper. What I tried to say was that his cheapest was around 1.3m last year and I can see him being at most 2m, most likely a little bit under. This all depends on which cards EA release this year, the price of his 94 sbc AND will tots cards be cheap so that his sbc can be done very cheap in June-August. Btw. I don't see him being under 2m earlier than June/July
  • Messi181
    479 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    For all cards we might see the famous 'dead cat bounce', but with Fut Birthday having potentially some cracking cards and TOTS just around the corner, prices will only go one way for high rated cards... DOWN!

I sold my 90 Gullit last night... I am tracking his price it over the last few hours he went down 100k per hour 😳

He will only keep going down, 2.8m for his 90 is way too expensive. Last year his prime went down to 1m, so this year I can see his 90 going down to around 1m and his prime 1.5-1.8m (or maybe even cheaper depending on his 94 sbc price), seeing as every "meta" player is around 500k-1m more this time now compared to last year

Don't be stupid his prime was never 1m

When looking at Futbin his cheapest says 1.3m, but I actually followed his price around a week last year around early June and I actually got many of his for 1m and sold over night for profit. Maybe he wasn't as cheap as 1m in normal price, but he was very easy to get around that price

Dude cant compare June to April plus last year everything went down like mad for world cup mode. By this time last year we had r9, r10, maldinia and gullit SBC. No chance gullits prime be under 2m this year let alone 1.3m.

You are right about that you can't compare April to June, players in June are ALWAYS cheaper. What I tried to say was that his cheapest was around 1.3m last year and I can see him being at most 2m, most likely a little bit under. This all depends on which cards EA release this year, the price of his 94 sbc AND will tots cards be cheap so that his sbc can be done very cheap in June-August. Btw. I don't see him being under 2m earlier than June/July

Fair enough.
  • Hulkmodus
    1243 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have 1.8 million currently.
    I want 89 Cruyff, 89 blanc and FS militao.
    They are 1.990.000 atm.
    You think I can buy em tonight or tomorrow for that price?
  • MassiveMits
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Burchy wrote: »
    Can it really go much lower? Tempted to buy team!

These new cards will be high priced for a while anyway!
    Just buy when you are happy with the price, don't try and find the exact bottom. Once you stop worrying about losing 200K here or there the game becomes much better.

I've got 290K in coins and a Prime Larsson as my only card worth more than 20K and I could not care less about the market. It becomes quite refreshing not stressing out over losing coins and watching the market all the time.

@Springveldt , you got me addicted to the market, and now you jump out??
    Hope all is good, mate.
    Hugo
  • Ermski
    753 posts Semi-Pro
    The icon market is in freefall, im getting close to pulling the trigger
  • MHoney1234
    7487 posts League Winner
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    They are 1.990.000 atm.

Yes
  • ImAtrocious
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    I will never understand the people that won’t buy their team until April. The game is one year long, and realistically more like 10 months. Enjoy the game. Get the players you want. Fifa coin isn’t real money. It’s worth losing coins on a player over time to play with them for longer.

I think the only way you can really say this is if you're someone with a lot of coins at your disposal. If you know your budget isn't huge, as soon as you've spent, your ability to purchase down the line is lost. I have a little under 2 million coins right now, and my team could definitely use some upgrades. Still, if I buy now, I know I won't be getting as much at TOTS, so I'm not buying (although I am getting pretty tempted with some of the icon prices).

I don't play other games much anyway, so I don't necessarily agree with the argument that the game's lifespan is too short to bother holding coins. I definitely don't mind you wanting to spend freely, but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with saving either.
  • Soulja85
    50 posts Park Captain
    The drop is crazy. I've had my eye on 91 dinho and he's dropped loads. I'm hoping by about 7pm he'll be even cheaper then I'll be either buying him or 94 Neymar.
  • xCDHx
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    6.01pm best time to buy players yea?
  • SimenHP
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    They are 1.990.000 atm.

Yes

Impossible to predict, some promos players are cheapest the 12 hours before the promo is released, while other times they go down after the promo is released. This all depends on how many people are waiting to buy their team until Fut birthday comes out. I think that if the 23 player squad have some amazing CB Eder might go down 50-100k. But when it comes to Cruyff and Blanc, I think the only way they keeps going down is if one of them are relased in sbc (their prime) today. I can be wrong though, so it's your choice if you wait or buy 2/3 now
  • MHoney1234
    7487 posts League Winner
    They are 1.990.000 atm.

Yes

Impossible to predict, some promos players are cheapest the 12 hours before the promo is released, while other times they go down after the promo is released. This all depends on how many people are waiting to buy their team until Fut birthday comes out. I think that if the 23 player squad have some amazing CB Eder might go down 50-100k. But when it comes to Cruyff and Blanc, I think the only way they keeps going down is if one of them are relased in sbc (their prime) today. I can be wrong though, so it's your choice if you wait or buy 2/3 now

I’m waiting it out. I’ll be honest, Eusebio at 2.8 and 93 Dinho at 2.67 million is tempting me. If TOTY Kante hits 1.6 illl buy him
  • ImAtrocious
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just got 92 Bergkamp on PS4 for 600k coins...had started watching him at 800k so I felt like that was a fair enough bargain to jump on.

Yay or nay?
  • Just got 92 Bergkamp on PS4 for 600k coins...had started watching him at 800k so I felt like that was a fair enough bargain to jump on.

Yay or nay?

I think that's a bargain. I also picked up his 90 for 435k to partner my PIM Henry.
  • mdizzl3
    12291 posts Has That Special Something
    Burchy wrote: »
    Can it really go much lower? Tempted to buy team!

These new cards will be high priced for a while anyway!

Just bloody buy them and play

• MHoney1234
    7487 posts League Winner
    Just got 92 Bergkamp on PS4 for 600k coins...had started watching him at 800k so I felt like that was a fair enough bargain to jump on.

Yay or nay?

No
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1942 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've lost like 3 mill on my team I reckon. Maybe more. I don't care tbh, it all evens out in the end. I've over a million for any players that come out at 6.
  • Boysie91
    7933 posts League Winner
    I bought at a decent time it seems as everyone I bought is going up like I thought.
  • Futfanatic
    12133 posts Has That Special Something
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I bought at a decent time it seems as everyone I bought is going up like I thought.

Panic buying for now mate. Market will go up for a few hours and then settle. But you did well!
  • Boysie91
    7933 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Panic buying for now mate. Market will go up for a few hours and then settle. But you did well!

I can see Cruyff dropping but I'm not fussed tbh. Did you buy anyone?
  • MHoney1234
    7487 posts League Winner

Cruyff won’t go lower in the short term. He’ll only drop between now and the next few weeks if a PIM drops. Think Cruyff will settle back at 2.4-2.45
  • Boysie91
    7933 posts League Winner

Cruyff won’t go lower in the short term. He’ll only drop between now and the next few weeks if a PIM drops. Think Cruyff will settle back at 2.4-2.45

I can see him being one of the sbc that's why I think he will drop lol