Fifa community toxicity

Comments

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    abbey621 wrote: »
    Lol...true sports fan? FIFA 19 is a game, a simulation. Like ay other simulation, the better your team the more you win. Then again we have people with actual skills and then gameplay manipulation. So when you see someone with a MEGA team celebrate after each goal, know that it comes from a place of pure joy. Actually investing money, time and so on, which resulted in a satisfying win. Don't hate, git gud :D

Doubt the cocky kids that make up most of the toxic community have invested their own money, more like the bank of mum/dad

People with a mega team celebrating after each goal aren't doing it out a "place of pure joy", they're doing it to rub it in because they think their sik m8

You'll be surprised how many people ages 20 and above actually plays FIFA 19 and invested over $500.

I doubt even those people are watching replays and celebrating excessively because of "pure joy"

If you feel satisfied with winning with a stacked team that's miles better than your opponents because of the money and time you've invested, and you celebrate like a pr**k because of it, you need to get another hobby

I remember being driven up a wall by annoying celebrations in years past. That matuidi celebration where the player sticks his butt out and waggles back and forth really got to me! Would get my blood pumping

But then I got a bit older, the myelin sheaths and inhibitory networks in my prefrontal cortex finished developing, and now I couldn't care less about what buttons some stranger sitting across the world is pressing.

If gamertag is indicating your birth year, chances are within the next year or two your cortex will also be better able to suppress your amygdala's reaction to seeing pixel paul pogba dabbing on screen :joy::joy:
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clancy wrote: »
    Lol...true sports fan? FIFA 19 is a game, a simulation. Like ay other simulation, the better your team the more you win. Then again we have people with actual skills and then gameplay manipulation. So when you see someone with a MEGA team celebrate after each goal, know that it comes from a place of pure joy. Actually investing money, time and so on, which resulted in a satisfying win. Don't hate, git gud :D

Doubt the cocky kids that make up most of the toxic community have invested their own money, more like the bank of mum/dad

People with a mega team celebrating after each goal aren't doing it out a "place of pure joy", they're doing it to rub it in because they think their sik m8

You'll be surprised how many people ages 20 and above actually plays FIFA 19 and invested over $500.

I doubt even those people are watching replays and celebrating excessively because of "pure joy"

If you feel satisfied with winning with a stacked team that's miles better than your opponents because of the money and time you've invested, and you celebrate like a pr**k because of it, you need to get another hobby

I remember being driven up a wall by annoying celebrations in years past. That matuidi celebration where the player sticks his butt out and waggles back and forth really got to me! Would get my blood pumping

But then I got a bit older, the myelin sheaths and inhibitory networks in my prefrontal cortex finished developing, and now I couldn't care less about what buttons some stranger sitting across the world is pressing.

If gamertag is indicating your birth year, chances are within the next year or two your cortex will also be better able to suppress your amygdala's reaction to seeing pixel paul pogba dabbing on screen :joy::joy:

Didn't suggest anywhere that I get annoyed by it

I just find it pathetic that people play FIFA with the intention to rile up opponents
  • abbey621
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2019

The beauty here is you don't get to tell a person how he or she celebrates success. The same people that spent a fortune to get mega teams only to lose to a gold premiership squad would not share your sentiments when they actually win against a 250k squad. You people need to get off your high chair and smell the kool aid. It's a freakin game, people can enjoy it anyway they deem fit!
  • FAL
    376 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s not even about them celebrating. I get messaged all the time from people, unprovoked, just because they beat me with some BS.

Funniest thing that happened to me was a guy messaged me talking rubbish, I responded in an unfriendly way, and I’m the one who got banned for a day.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    The toxicity of our ciiiiity
  • Ruffy
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2019
    The best thing is when they clearly try to make you quit making stupid celebrations stopping game, waiting 30 seconds and then press start to wait another 30 seconds... i wont quit even if down 7:0. If you do sh"" like that you will play the whole 90 mins with me. I will listen to some music/podcast etc. I dont care.
  • Tooner9
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    FAL wrote: »
    This people in this game are the absolute worst and I mostly blame the gameplay. Let me explain:

Just lost to a guy 3-2 and his club was easily worth at least 5 Mil more than mine. After every goal he shushed me and did some stupid celebration as if the reason he’s beating me is because he’s far superior of a player than I am. Not the fact that his team are able to complete passes and score goals that defy the laws of physics.

The reason it’s the game’s fault is because it allows players like this to compete. If we played with even teams I would have dominated this player. As a result, the community will always be this crappy because it turns down the people who actually enjoy real football and appeals more to these YouTube gamers that just want to win at all costs, including every exploit possible.

It's just a pay to win game now, ai defending, auto blocks 1st time shots ect is not the worst thing that reduces skill gap it's by far the unrealistic cards that do that, they basically do all that but just even better at it, wether ppl kid themselves or not its those unrealistic cards whice make everything more assisted for them