Help needed badly

I have been playing division rivals since FIFA 19 began, I still cannot get out of division 10 ( yes I know it is sad ) I have a great squad as far as I know, also use 442 but problem I am getting lately is that when my player passes the ball the op team player is always in front of my player hence I loose position all the time, what is the best tactics or formation I can use, I played weekend league once and only won 2 games, I always seem to play bad ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players that walk all around me, thanks be grateful if any one can help me to improve as I may win two draw two then loose 3 so I cannot get over that points barrier.

Comments

• Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    Be sure to pass the ball to teammates who dont have an opponent in the back, and use through passes in clear paths only.

Dont rush at your opponent while defending, youll create more space every single time he gets past you...

Hard to say without seeing you play.
    Id say those are 3 basics to start with.
  • JURITO1000
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    Record one your match and upload on youtube and put the link here and im sure a lot of people will give you some tips

Sorry to say that but if you cant go out from div 10 you must be very bad player and its not about tactic or formation,from this division you have to go out easily with any formation,you need to improve

-Stop sprinting
    -Learn 1-2 skill moves and use them around the box to open space
    -Pass the ball a bit around and wait for space dont try to score with 3 passes from your GK
    -shoot just from good positions,you dont need 15 shots on target in statistics if they are from bad position or too far,better 4-5 shots and score most of them
    -dont pull your defenders out of positions,it doesnt mean dont switch on them! It means when your opponent is pass the ball back dont chase him with this defender but a bit sprint back with him and quickly switch on another player
  • CosmicDance
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm not sure if anyone here can give you the comprehensive tactical help that you require.

I can only assume you've not been playing the FIFA series long if you're stuck in Division 10.

There are a lot of YouTube tutorials out there which will teach you basics of how you can become a better player.

Personally for me it's difficult to give you tips. I'm a gold champs player and I've been playing FIFA since it's inception as a game. I should probably check out some tutorials too.

Best of luck though man, let us know how you go in your journey.
  • Phuong
    79 posts Park Captain
    edited March 2019
    Honestly just keep playing mate, you'll get better over time. The reason why your opponent seems to intercept your passes is because you are playing too predictable and being read quite easily by your opponent. The other reason is that he could be playing constant pressure/team press therefore his playing are closing you down more aggressively. what really helped me was watching good (better) players play and watch how they play (defend/attack). Don't be too hard on yourself mate if this is your first year. Just keep playing and you'll get better.
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    You just have to continue to play buddy, but it is strange, all this months and hardly any improvements, you must be doing something fundamentally wrong, I mean, it's probably not about tactics and formations, although it could somewhat help.

Maybe to watch someone play online, or you could record your game and upload it somewhere, maybe someone could take a look and offer a tip or two, also you can analyze your play better and spot mistakes more easily if you watch your matches later.
  • ImAtrocious
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    R1 is your friend for not getting passes intercepted too as it calls your player towards you (opposite of sending him on a run with L1).

If I'm looking at a pass that's longer or across the field in any way, I usually use R1 to close the gap and give my player a head start on getting to the ball.
  • Theomanny
    2144 posts Fans' Favourite
    Connection problem?.
  • xlr8r
    68 posts Park Captain
    do the complete opposite of what your opponent expects you to do
  • crackers07
    1200 posts Professional
    Keep off sprint button unless you have lots of space and i would say practice using skills mode to get used to the games controls before you keep playing.
  • ImAtrocious
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    xlr8r wrote: »
    do the complete opposite of what your opponent expects you to do

Which is so often what they expect you do to do, so then you just have to do what they would initially think you would do :) But seriously, I'm shocked so many times when an opponent jumps a pass that I think is the least predictable option on the table. Real mind jedi guys out there!
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    I have been playing division rivals since FIFA 19 began, I still cannot get out of division 10 ( yes I know it is sad ) I have a great squad as far as I know, also use 442 but problem I am getting lately is that when my player passes the ball the op team player is always in front of my player hence I loose position all the time, what is the best tactics or formation I can use, I played weekend league once and only won 2 games, I always seem to play bad **** players that walk all around me, thanks be grateful if any one can help me to improve as I may win two draw two then loose 3 so I cannot get over that points barrier.

@Paultheninja44 - dude, google Boras Legend. His tips are great for beginners. This is a good place to start.
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seems like fifa just isn’t for you
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Donovan86 wrote: »

He’s asking for help, trying to get better, and that’s your response? Pointless
  • Pieman25
    17843 posts Moderator

If you've nothing constructive to add just move on please.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Play offline on semi pro, once you start battering the AI 5-0 consistently, move up to professional, then when you start winning 5-0 consistently on professional, go up to world class... etc

If you're a new player you should be playing offline first before playing online

Play the skill games too until you master them all
  • keronc
    1091 posts Professional
    I used to be in your shoe when I tried playing real soccer in the WL. Do not think of it as real soccer, think of it as a video game and use the tactics that are effective in the game. Get Meta players and play like the ball has a time bomb on it and must be passed quickly or it will explode. Also, learn a few skill moves (drag back, ball roll etc.). I now get to 14-17 wins in WL.
  • Donovan86
    Pieman25 wrote: »

If you've nothing constructive to add just move on please.

Nope
  • Donovan86 thanks for your help you are obviously here to ridicule rather than help people, you must have a really good nature and be really popular in the real world, thanks guys for the input, been playing about a year and am improving, that’s why I win some but also loose, I will be taking your tips and hopefully will improve my game.
  • Donovan86
    Donovan86 thanks for your help you are obviously here to ridicule rather than help people, you must have a really good nature and be really popular in the real world, thanks guys for the input, been playing about a year and am improving, that’s why I win some but also loose, I will be taking your tips and hopefully will improve my game.

Your welcome